Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodson arrested on Drug and Weapon charges
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Cut him now.

I agree 100%. Start cutting these guys to show if you mess up you are gone. I still think McKnight has been are best RB since we drafted him. He never gets a fair share of the carries. If the jets cut Goodson now it will only cost them 1 mill. Do it know and show we do not put up with this crap.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Cut him now.

I agree 100%. Start cutting these guys to show if you mess up you are gone. I still think McKnight has been are best RB since we drafted him. He never gets a fair share of the carries. If the jets cut Goodson now it will only cost them 1 mill. Do it know and show we do not put up with this crap.

Yup, but this isn't just a garden variety screw up, this is 5 serious charges that will probably get him some sort of jail time. I would be mad about like a DUI but I wouldn't wanna cut the kid outright, all this other stuff seriously he needs to go.

And HOLLOW POINTS???? what were his plans for that night? I gotta read that kids day planner.
jpt331

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could end up being McKnights chance to seize a prominent role for the team.....if he can hold onto the ball

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
This could end up being McKnights chance to seize a prominent role for the team.....if he can hold onto the ball

Still only third on the depth chart.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
famousj

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, now is the time to cut bait with Goodson. I really wanted Johnathan Franklin in the 4th round. Chris Ivory is going to be good but will he stay healthy. There is still the June 1st cuts to add more RB depth to the team. Willis McGahee comes to mind as a June 1st cut.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to wait until all the official information comes out before we make a move. Even though this is yet another unwanted headline we shouldn't rush a decision on a player like Goodson. I'm leaning towards wanting him cut too, but we need to wait until we gather more info.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree whole heartedly on Franklin. I just wish Goodson would have done this before the draft if he was gonna do it so we could have drafted Franklin.

I was fine with us passing on Franklin at the time because we had a crowded backfield, but I think Franklin would have been a great addition if we had already known Goodson was a fool.
green24

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
If true, now is the time to cut bait with Goodson. I really wanted Johnathan Franklin in the 4th round. Chris Ivory is going to be good but will he stay healthy. There is still the June 1st cuts to add more RB depth to the team. Willis McGahee comes to mind as a June 1st cut.

We have so many other needs to worry about. Ivory, Powell, and McKnight is still formidable.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow down on cutting him

the gun might not be his, the car might not be his, he wasn't driving so no DUI and he'll get the charge for the marijuana.

So if cutting a guy for recreational drug use is worth losing a potential game breaker then smh at this team. At the end of the day he can help us win football games and I'm not saying I agree with his decision because it was stupid but he shouldn't lose his job but he should be disciplined by the team and the league

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Slow down on cutting him

the gun might not be his, the car might not be his, he wasn't driving so no DUI and he'll get the charge for the marijuana.

So if cutting a guy for recreational drug use is worth losing a potential game breaker then smh at this team. At the end of the day he can help us win football games and I'm not saying I agree with his decision because it was stupid but he shouldn't lose his job but he should be disciplined by the team and the league

He had a LOADED gun. I have two words for you: Plaxico Burress

Sure, we shouldn't wait to jump the gun here, but he should not be kept if these charges are true.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Slow down on cutting him

He had a LOADED gun. I have two words for you: Plaxico Burress

Sure, we shouldn't wait to jump the gun here, but he should not be kept if these charges are true.

Plaxico brought his gun into a night club in NY. That was mandatory jail time, this happen in NJ idk about their gun laws. Not to mention that was in a crowded night club, Goodson was in a car.
JMG

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like something like this happened to a LBer in the NFL a couple years ago. I want to say Lance Briggs. Not the mary-jane part, but the gun part.

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't defend Goodson on this one. He was driving drunk with weed, a loaded gun (45 Caliber) and hallow tips. This is not some normal night of an athlete having to much fun. Something was about to happen.

I can understand having a gun in the car as a athlete. There are people in the streets that will try you and you have to be ready for anything. But to have that, hallow tips, weed, and being wasted out of his mind. There is no way I can say he should be on this team. This might be Idzik's chance to send a message to the whole team.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I really can't defend Goodson on this one. He was driving drunk with weed, a loaded gun (45 Caliber) and hallow tips. This is not some normal night of an athlete having to much fun. Something was about to happen.

I can understand having a gun in the car as a athlete. There are people in the streets that will try you and you have to be ready for anything. But to have that, hallow tips, weed, and being wasted out of his mind. There is no way I can say he should be on this team. This might be Idzik's chance to send a message to the whole team.

Goodson wasn't driving, but I agree.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Goodson wasn't driving, but I agree.

I was just about to go back and change that part. I'm really mad about the situation. Idzik is trying to kill this circus mess and one of his guys screwed up before the season started. I very confident in Ivory, Powell, and McKnight. I will have Ivory on my fantasy team this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: