You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Billy Spikes's All Time Top Ten Safeties
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikes635

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow realy nice list i would have rod woodson on there too but most people have him on there conerback list! I pretty much agree with your list though

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
vikes635

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should realy have Sean Taylor on you HM he would have made it into the top ten if not for that unfortunate incident at his house! Crying or Very sad

RIP SEAN TAYLOR

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
Dan51790

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't base Troy just off stats. As a big time Steelers fan I haven't missed a Steelers game in 7+ years. Troy makes the big plays in clutch situations, and also roams the field like no other safety in NFL history. He has to be one of the most insticual players to ever play the game. The way he lines up the snap count and hops over the O-line on short yardage plays is something I've never seen out of another player. He should be ahead of Dawkins and Harrison and if it wasn't for injuries he would of been a top 3 safety of all time.
Dan51790

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes635 wrote:
you should realy have Sean Taylor on you HM he would have made it into the top ten if not for that unfortunate incident at his house! Crying or Very sad

RIP SEAN TAYLOR

Agreed Sean Taylor was on pace to be a monster. He would of been up there with Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. I feel Harrison is too high though.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan51790 wrote:
vikes635 wrote:

RIP SEAN TAYLOR

Agreed Sean Taylor was on pace to be a monster. He would of been up there with Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed.

Way too much projection. He was really good but I feel he gets overrated because of his death. Great player but to try and compare him to two of the greatest safeties ever?

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Member of the 1980's all decade team and he doesn't even get an honorable mention? Evil or Very Mad
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan51790 wrote:
You can't base Troy just off stats. As a big time Steelers fan I haven't missed a Steelers game in 7+ years. Troy makes the big plays in clutch situations, and also roams the field like no other safety in NFL history. He has to be one of the most insticual players to ever play the game. The way he lines up the snap count and hops over the O-line on short yardage plays is something I've never seen out of another player. He should be ahead of Dawkins and Harrison and if it wasn't for injuries he would of been a top 3 safety of all time.

Some of the things you said i wrote myself and i gave Troy a lot of respect, you should read my reasoning again to why he was ranked the way he was.

vikes635 wrote:

RIP SEAN TAYLOR

I'm not going to get into the overrated/underrated discussion about Sean Taylor here but obviously his very short career+no championship success like all of the other safeties are among other things the reasons he isn't there. [again, those aren't the only reasons but I'm not going into the overrated/underrated discussion]
Tom Brady Tribute
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison is way too high and HM I'd put Browner 6x PB, 3x AP, 37 ints, 4 Def TDs
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Member of the 1980's all decade team and he doesn't even get an honorable mention? Evil or Very Mad

At his peak, many thought Browner was better than Lott. Unfortuneatly, Browner was not able to substain that level as long as Lott did.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Leroy Butler didn't and he was 90's All Decade.

Cliff Harris didn't and he was 70's All Decade.

And they were both 1st team All Decade (Browner was 2nd team).

Then there is Nolan Cromwell and Carnell Lake (both 2nd team as well).

Can't fit em all.

7DnBrnc53-"Brady is the perfect QB for Belichick: Someone who isn't very talented, but is a good leader and can play well in the structure of his offense."
PackerPride

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to show love for my player Nick Collins, Superbowl 45 play of the game and all-pro 3 of 6 years, legit 4.40 safety who hit hard and covered well. Had potential for the Hall and top 10 all-time safety. Had a nose for the spectacular play.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a huge Dawkins fan, no complaints will come from me. Good list Billy.
Willink

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I've had this exact same debate with Spikes before but Harrison should barely be an hm let alone 5th, especially when better safeties (Deron Cherry, Woodson, Butler etc) aren't even mentioned

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read. Only guy I disagreed with was Harrison. He certainly deserves an HM as he was the leader of a great defense that won 2 rings but no way I would have him top 5.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: