Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dee Milliner fires agent after falling in the draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Dee Milliner fires agent after falling in the draft Reply with quote

Quote:
#Jets CB Dee Milliner parted ways with Impact Sports after failing to be selected in the top 5. Story on @NFL.com. First Geno, now Milliner

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/335175162775355393

***Update***
Quote:
For those counting days on Dee Milliner hiring agents Pat Dye & Bill Johnson, he needed 5-day waiting period. 5 days were up Thursday night.

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/335942647153823746
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sat May 18, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIRCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
JMG

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has such an ego. what a little cry baby just because he didn't go in the top 5. figures the jets draft him.

[]_[] Family
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING NFL NEWS: TOMMY BOHANON FIRES AGENT AFTER NOT GETTING PAID $4.50 MORE
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
drew39k

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
he has such an ego. what a little cry baby just because he didn't go in the top 5. figures the jets draft him.

And if he was drafted by any other team this would be a non story. Just more media bias trying to create controversy.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am concerned ... an agent works for a player, and a player has full right to fire their agents if they feel that they haven't done a sufficient job. As far as not going high enough ... I don't believe what the media comes up with unless a player comes out and says it...

The media is just connecting the crap from the Geno Smith stuff... And Geno of all people had sufficient grounds to fire his agents if he so wished too. He should have went in the early first... and if his agents had given him advice that kept him outta the first round such as not attending the senior bowl...

The difference in pay between the first round and the 2nd round in pay for Geno is probably something like 15-17 Million Dollars. If someone cost me 17 Million dollars you can bet he wouldnt be employed by me any longer.

Especially important about this is an agent makes a pretty big chunk of their players contracts both endorsement and playing... 5-10% of playing I believe it is ... so say Geno gets a 6 Million contract thats 300,000 to 600,000 $$$$

I sure as hell wouldnt wanna be paying even a cent to an agent who I believed cost me so much.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say this, as a fan of a rival team of yours.

This has to be the stupidest crap I'v ever seen the MSM try to force down peoples throats as a story. This is absolutely a non-story in every aspect.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
I say this, as a fan of a rival team of yours.

This has to be the stupidest crap I'v ever seen the MSM try to force down peoples throats as a story. This is absolutely a non-story in every aspect.
That's the New York media for you.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the NY media is worse when it's the Jets. The Giants never get it as bad as us.

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
I think the NY media is worse when it's the Jets. The Giants never get it as bad as us.

your right, but the Giants has been winning and made smarter moves. Rex brought a lot of attention, then we made it worse by losing and trading for Tebow.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are just as bad as the media because we are talking about it. Just lock this thread.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason this was a story for Geno is because of the 'attitude' he appeared to have in certain situations dealing with the media.

The only reason this is a story with Milliner is because it was a story with Geno.

Do I think it displays an ego? Yes, I do and do I see a similar situation like the one that they had to handle with Revis occurring in the future? Maybe, it's not a foregone conclusion however.

An Agents job is to represent their client. Maybe they don't have much influence on where someone gets seleced, alright, that's fine, but listen, they did a pee poor job of representing Geno during the draft, they did NOTHING to help combat the negative publicity, such as offer up some positive publicity.

In regards to Milliner, perhaps he would've been a higher pick if they would've done the same thing, positive publicity instead of negative publicity.

I read an article that said Jay-Z was being considered as an Agent for Geno. To me, that's smart actually. There's not many people not familiar with who Jay-Z is, there's not many people that don't realize he is a very accomplished person, and that he knows how to handle business. There wouldn't be any shortage of publicity surrounding Geno for sure. The negative is in that same respect, publicity would surround Geno all the time.

I admit I was extremely critical of the way Geno handled himself during and after the draft, but I wish him and Milliner well.

I think Geno has a ton of potential, the problem is that the Jets have very few weapons offensively right now, at least, very few well established ones. But they do have potential as a team and could suprise some people. They've got to get that circus under control but I don't think Milliner firing his agent, really creates more circus acts... It's just the elephant(the media) feeding the master(the general public) peanuts(negative news)

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
The only reason this was a story for Geno is because of the 'attitude' he appeared to have in certain situations dealing with the media.

The only reason this is a story with Milliner is because it was a story with Geno.

Do I think it displays an ego? Yes, I do and do I see a similar situation like the one that they had to handle with Revis occurring in the future? Maybe, it's not a foregone conclusion however.

An Agents job is to represent their client. Maybe they don't have much influence on where someone gets seleced, alright, that's fine, but listen, they did a pee poor job of representing Geno during the draft, they did NOTHING to help combat the negative publicity, such as offer up some positive publicity.

In regards to Milliner, perhaps he would've been a higher pick if they would've done the same thing, positive publicity instead of negative publicity.

I read an article that said Jay-Z was being considered as an Agent for Geno. To me, that's smart actually. There's not many people not familiar with who Jay-Z is, there's not many people that don't realize he is a very accomplished person, and that he knows how to handle business. There wouldn't be any shortage of publicity surrounding Geno for sure. The negative is in that same respect, publicity would surround Geno all the time.

I admit I was extremely critical of the way Geno handled himself during and after the draft, but I wish him and Milliner well.

I think Geno has a ton of potential, the problem is that the Jets have very few weapons offensively right now, at least, very few well established ones. But they do have potential as a team and could suprise some people. They've got to get that circus under control but I don't think Milliner firing his agent, really creates more circus acts... It's just the elephant(the media) feeding the master(the general public) peanuts(negative news)

I think the media is pulling at strings at this point to continue the negative spin against us. I would tend to think that the players don't feel ther circus nearly as much as is being made out.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we need to kick start a Darth Milliner thread as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: