Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas signs DE Anthony Hargrove
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Are people here ever happy? This is a pretty solid veteran signing. All for adding some nasty players to this team. Too many good guys.

Can you be more dramatic? Most of us didn't realize the suspensions have been lifted. Makes a huge difference. I'll be happy, when u stop whining.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Are people here ever happy? This is a pretty solid veteran signing. All for adding some nasty players to this team. Too many good guys.

Can you be more dramatic? Most of us didn't realize the suspensions have been lifted. Makes a huge difference. I'll be happy, when u stop whining.

All he asked was a question, what's so dramatic about that? Another DL in the mix, let's see what he can do at least .
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite antagonizing one another and let's stay on topic please.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

All he asked was a question, what's so dramatic about that? Another DL in the mix, let's see what he can do at least .

"This is a pretty solid veteran signing. All for adding some nasty players to this team. Too many good guys." = Perfectly fine post with zero drama/whining.

"Are people here ever happy? This is a pretty solid veteran signing. All for adding some nasty players to this team. Too many good guys."

This sentence adds drama, due to whining. Just explaining to Jimmy, not trying to start a flame session.

Without the suspension, I actually like the signing. Never hurts to sign cheap vet with high upside.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

"This is a pretty solid veteran signing. All for adding some nasty players to this team. Too many good guys." = Perfectly fine post with zero drama/whining.

"Are people here ever happy? This is a pretty solid veteran signing. All for adding some nasty players to this team. Too many good guys."

This sentence adds drama, due to whining. Just explaining to Jimmy, not trying to start a flame session.

Without the suspension, I actually like the signing. Never hurts to sign cheap vet with high upside.

Sorry if it came off dramatic. Board is just very negative lately. Could trade for Aaron Rodgers and the first comments would be about abandoning the running game.

Team is strapped for cash. Maybe they didn't take "your guy" in the draft. Doesn't mean they aren't doing their due diligence. Signing was for peanuts at a position of "need" and yet most people just want to call it useless. If he doesn't make it out of camp, guess what one of our young guys stepped up and beat him.

I far from drink the JJ Kool-Aid, but it's getting down right rough to be in here. It's sad because there use to be a lot of great discussion and valid points made.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may not make the team, but i hope he does. Hatcher, crawford, and Hargrove would all be able to play both DT and DE. Thats quite a bit of versatility. It could allow us to go thin at DE if we so choose to.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

Sorry if it came off dramatic. Board is just very negative lately. Could trade for Aaron Rodgers and the first comments would be about abandoning the running game.

Team is strapped for cash. Maybe they didn't take "your guy" in the draft. Doesn't mean they aren't doing their due diligence. Signing was for peanuts at a position of "need" and yet most people just want to call it useless. If he doesn't make it out of camp, guess what one of our young guys stepped up and beat him.

I far from drink the JJ Kool-Aid, but it's getting down right rough to be in here. It's sad because there use to be a lot of great discussion and valid points made.

Agreed. I sometimes wonder why some posters are still Cowboys fans. As far as your original comment, I should have just let it go, instead of jumping in your Kool Aid.

Uh oh! I hear a mod sneaking up:

On topic: We can always use an additional rotational guy with talent.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

Agreed. I sometimes wonder why some posters are still Cowboys fans. As far as your original comment, I should have just let it go, instead of jumping in your Kool Aid.

Uh oh! I hear a mod sneaking up:

On topic: We can always use an additional rotational guy with talent.

All good, just a mis-understanding.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKG goes out the window with this signing. Suspensions lifted after most was served does not mean not at fault just means an arbitrator thought the suspensions was excessive. Could add depth to the D line though.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
RKG goes out the window with this signing. Suspensions lifted after most was served does not mean not at fault just means an arbitrator thought the suspensions was excessive. Could add depth to the D line though.

For clarity, what does RKG mean to you?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really doesn't matter what it means to me, it matters what it means to the team. I would not say what it means to JG, it was just that we have stayed far away from ANY questionable character guys in the past regardless of how little they cost.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
It really doesn't matter what it means to me, it matters what it means to the team. I would not say what it means to JG, it was just that we have stayed far away from ANY questionable character guys in the past regardless of how little they cost.

Well this is more or less what I mean. I think there is a myth that is being perpetuated that RKG means choir boy. I reject that notion. But before any discourse on the subject can start, one must know where opinions originate.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
cowboyfanin2890 wrote:

Well this is more or less what I mean. I think there is a myth that is being perpetuated that RKG means choir boy. I reject that notion. But before any discourse on the subject can start, one must know where opinions originate.

Not to argue because it is a moot point, but so far in the RKG era(for lack of better words) it has been a choir boy. I really think we need guys with some attitude and anger(Fredrick), but just not sure about someone who intentionally tried to hurt or maim other players for pocket change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: