Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants / Redskins Talking to Hightower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Giants / Redskins Talking to Hightower Reply with quote

I read that today--Figure The Redskins are just trying to get the Giants to pay him a little more, hurt their cap space a bit.
Can't believe there is real interest in ANOTHER running back ..coming off a year and half layoff.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to bring him back. I read he was doing some alternative/holistic medicine rehab and stuff. I'll see if I can find that article.

http://sonofwashington.com/2013/05/14/ex-redskins-seek-alternative-medicine/

Quote:
Besides Hightower, there are a number of other former Washington Redskins who have gone through a holistic multi-step healing process, also at Natural Horizons. “This program has been instrumental as far as my recovery this past year”, declared former Redskins guard Derrick Dockery. “We do laser [therapy], we do fusions, which is like vitamin drips, we do [the] hyperbaric chamber…chiropractic. I’ve played ten years in the National Football League, so maintenance is a huge part in making sure you are able to play and be ready for the next season”.

I wish we had out him on PUP last year because he could have been healthy enough to contribute to our team by mid October and that would have definitely helped with our depth.

I feel like we need veteran leadership at RB and there's no one I'd rather have than Timmy! Cool

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/05/16/redskins-giants-inquire-about-tim-hightower/

Quote:
It wasn't immediately clear how serious the Redskins' interest is, but the Giants held talks with Hightower earlier this month and were expected to meet with him again "in a couple weeks," one person said. The second person said they weren’t sure how close either team was to signing Hightower, however.

The 26-year-old Hightower’s knee now is said to be “feeling great."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather we dip our toe in the Charles Woodson sweepstakes, instead.
The Giants are interested in him as well.

I don't think we need Hightower at all.

(sign Woodson, then dump Tanard Jackson, imo)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is signed, watch for an announcement that Helu has been traded for a pick (4th is probably his max value, 6th is minimum) or a player of similar standing (lots of upside but small résumé). Also would pave the way to cut Royster in Camp, unless we try to stash the rookies on the PS.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
If he is signed, watch for an announcement that Helu has been traded for a pick (4th is probably his max value, 6th is minimum) or a player of similar standing (lots of upside but small résumé). Also would pave the way to cut Royster in Camp, unless we try to stash the rookies on the PS.

Now this I would be all for, if this is the plan.

Morris
Hightower (could replace Royster)
Thompson
Jamison
Royster
fighting for spots

Helu traded for draft pick

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:

Morris
Thompson
Jamison
Royster
fighting for spots

Its just to drive up the price. We have 1 starter that can last an entire season but we need a quality back up which is why we drafted 2 RB's.

Look for Jamison to actually shine in OTA's and possibly training camp.

We need speed and Roysters only donwfall is that he doesnt have any. Thompson does. So it might be that Thompson and Jamison make the roster with Royster.

I just cant see Hightower coming in and ousting anyone.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:

Morris
Thompson
Jamison
Royster
fighting for spots

Its just to drive up the price. We have 1 starter that can last an entire season but we need a quality back up which is why we drafted 2 RB's.

Look for Jamison to actually shine in OTA's and possibly training camp.

We need speed and Roysters only donwfall is that he doesnt have any. Thompson does. So it might be that Thompson and Jamison make the roster with Royster.

I just cant see Hightower coming in and ousting anyone.

Don't want Hightower at all at this point

I'm fine with trading Helu for a 4th and keeping the rest of those guys. Thompson will be every bit as speedy as him and Jamison can be our truck if Morris needs a break

Like to see Royster stay in a backup role, but I'm not going to doubt Shanahan on who he keeps
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'd rather we dip our toe in the Charles Woodson sweepstakes, instead.
The Giants are interested in him as well.

I don't think we need Hightower at all.

(sign Woodson, then dump Tanard Jackson, imo)
That would be nice. I'm still a Hightower fan though. It all comes down to $ with Woodson.

I'd be pretty shocked if we are able to trade Helu being that he's currently recovering from an injury.

Thompson and Jamison are no sure things. The only sure thing we have at RB is Morris, the rest is up for competition and Hightower would just be brought in to compete with the young kids.

We would be signing Hightower to possibly give us veteran leadership at the position.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: