Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Glennon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I don;t understand the issues with Glennon's accuracy. Watching several games of his, his WRs dropped some balls that were right between the numbers.

Glennon has potential, but as of right now, I don't think he's ready to come in and play right away. However, that could change, depending on how he learns the offense and performs in TC and Pre-season. If he seems to be more advanced than what many people think right now, including myself, he could put some heat on Josh.

I understand there is a ton of support for Freeman here. I, for one as a buc fan, want to see him perform. But he hasn't done anything to give me that sort of hope/confidence to get my expectations he'll turn a complete 360 next year when he really hasn't done it in his 4 year career.
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman is the man who should receive 80-90% of snaps in camp..

Glennon has to beat out Dougie... which he better do. At 6'7 220 I wonder if he would survive being hit. I'm 6'0 225 giving up 7in, man he must be boney kid better add 20lbs to his frame.

R&P, you say you have no hate, but you make up reasons to not support Freeman makes no sense. My blame is mostly pointed at the defense, I never expected Free to dominate and hearing you say the same stuff about his inconsistencies gives me a headache. I personally can't wait for the season his footwork is what he has to fix in my mind with that comes consistency and accuracy. Freeman will never be a top 5 Qb, but he is definitely top 15 if not higher. I'd personally take him over every QB in last 4yrs except Luck and Stratford, the hype train that is RG3, Kap, and RWilson will regress as the defenses catch up. I see everyone picks Sea and SF as SB contenders which they are, but I'll bet they both go 10-6 this year with the NFC clearly much tighter. By the way I didn't forget RG3 he is definitely monster talent with unreal skills, but seriously doubt he lasts... IMO Free has had 1 good yr, one solid yr, 2bad yrs this is his Flacco/ Ryan year to make his case as our Franchise guy.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
Freeman is the man who should receive 80-90% of snaps in camp..

Glennon has to beat out Dougie... which he better do. At 6'7 220 I wonder if he would survive being hit. I'm 6'0 225 giving up 7in, man he must be boney kid better add 20lbs to his frame.

R&P, you say you have no hate, but you make up reasons to not support Freeman makes no sense. My blame is mostly pointed at the defense, I never expected Free to dominate and hearing you say the same stuff about his inconsistencies gives me a headache. I personally can't wait for the season his footwork is what he has to fix in my mind with that comes consistency and accuracy. Freeman will never be a top 5 Qb, but he is definitely top 15 if not higher. I'd personally take him over every QB in last 4yrs except Luck and Stratford, the hype train that is RG3, Kap, and RWilson will regress as the defenses catch up. I see everyone picks Sea and SF as SB contenders which they are, but I'll bet they both go 10-6 this year with the NFC clearly much tighter. By the way I didn't forget RG3 he is definitely monster talent with unreal skills, but seriously doubt he lasts... IMO Free has had 1 good yr, one solid yr, 2bad yrs this is his Flacco/ Ryan year to make his case as our Franchise guy.

I would take RGIII in our system any day, lets not kid ourselves. I do agree that Shannahan is going to destroy him though. So many unnecessary hits

I really hope freeman takes that next step, I think he will. I might be in the minority in that, but we haven't given him the best situations since he's been here. I throw on that tape of him his freshman year vs Ok state and I see a guy that can lead us to a Super Bowl. He has to use his legs as a weapon again though, he's so dynamic but has gotten away from what makes him a beast. I want the guy that sheds two tackles and hits a receiver 40+ yards downfield on a rope back

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
I really hope freeman takes that next step, I think he will. I might be in the minority in that, but we haven't given him the best situations since he's been here.

I'm definitely with ya being in the minority it seems among the fan base. I remember the QBs over the years and today IMO Free is best we've had. The team in Tampa was built on defense and think with additions this year we can strive for that TOP 10ness again. This team stays healthy and defense holds teams to 18ppg; think offense scores at very least 22-24ppg.. We can win 10-11gms.

On a small side note... I don't want Free to ever be a 100mil guy I'll always want money on the defensive side. Flacco and Romo getting 100mil made my stomache turn, can't wait for Flacco to land flat on his face. Imagine a 100mil to Free ouch I think reality is only the elite guys should be in that class.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
I really hope freeman takes that next step, I think he will. I might be in the minority in that, but we haven't given him the best situations since he's been here.

I'm definitelyis with ya being in the minority it seems among the fan base. I remember the QBs over the years and today IMO Free is best we've had. The team in Tampa was built on defense and think with additions this year we can strive for that TOP 10ness again. This team stays healthy and defense holds teams to 18ppg; think offense scores at very least 22-24ppg.. We can win 10-11gms.

On a small side note... I don't want Free to ever be a 100mil guy I'll always want money on the defensive side. Flacco and Romo getting 100mil made my stomache turn, can't wait for Flacco to land flat on his face. Imagine a 100mil to Free ouch I think reality is only the elite guys should be in that class.

Ps. Yes I'm sippin the juice. This season has me very excited.

I think Free is the guy and I think he proves it this year with it being a contract year and the added pressure of Glennon.Also another year with Schiano and Sully, more time with V Jax, the defense getting better, etc. I think Josh Is poised for a monster year. He won't be a 100 mil guy but I'm thinking maybe 65ish.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8374/mike-glennon

Quote:
Coach Greg Schiano believes third-round pick Mike Glennon was the best quarterback in the draft, and is "not against" him beating out Josh Freeman for the Bucs' starting job. "Its not like were looking to find a starter," Schiano claimed after his latest message to Freeman. "But competition is competition. Mike Glennon is a fierce competitor." Schiano also compared Glennon to Joe Flacco, and believes he has "pocket presence, ability to feel the rush and move in the pocket."

"Best qb in the draft"

"Not against" him beating out Freeman

"Fierce competitor"

Comparing Glennon to a Super Bowl winning qb

Shocked

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One On One with Mike Glennon

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/One-On-One-with-Mike-Glennon/e19fda8c-f2f8-4b97-bcf2-bef1140eb954

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Coach Greg Schiano believes third-round pick Mike Glennon was the best quarterback in the draft, and is "not against" him beating out Josh Freeman for the Bucs' starting job. "Its not like were looking to find a starter," Schiano claimed after his latest message to Freeman. "But competition is competition. Mike Glennon is a fierce competitor." Schiano also compared Glennon to Joe Flacco, and believes he has "pocket presence, ability to feel the rush and move in the pocket."

"Best qb in the draft"

"Fierce competitor"

Shocked

While i do believe schiano isnt just puffing glennon up and means what he says, i think its being done more to let free know hes gonna hafta play some great ball to keep his spot. Its not gonna be givin to him like it has been.

Honestly, i could care less if its freeman or glennon. Gimme the guy thats gonna win us games.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

"Best qb in the draft"

"Fierce competitor"

Shocked

While i do believe schiano isnt just puffing glennon up and means what he says, i think its being done more to let free know hes gonna hafta play some great ball to keep his spot. Its not gonna be givin to him like it has been.

Honestly, i could care less if its freeman or glennon. Gimme the guy thats gonna win us games.

Exactly!

If these are all motivational tactics by Mark, Greg and the rest of the staff, do we really want a qb that has to be pushed this much?

Qbs are supposed to be self driven, coaching staff pushes as well. Greg mentioned at the end of last season he wants the position to be more competitive, supposedly to let Freeman know he is on the hot seat. Then for us to grab a qb in the third round to "push" Freeman. Now Greg makes these comments to let Freeman know he is gonna have to ball out.

Seems like a bit much to me. Unless Freeman goes bonkers is he going to be sent walking next season? From a financial standpoint it makes sense from how our roster is built to move on if he doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

"Best qb in the draft"

"Fierce competitor"

Shocked

Exactly!

If these are all motivational tactics by Mark, Greg and the rest of the staff, do we really want a qb that has to be pushed this much?

Qbs are supposed to be self driven, coaching staff pushes as well. Greg mentioned at the end of last season he wants the position to be more competitive, supposedly to let Freeman know he is on the hot seat. Then for us to grab a qb in the third round to "push" Freeman. Now Greg makes these comments to let Freeman know he is gonna have to ball out.

Seems like a bit much to me. Unless Freeman goes bonkers is he going to be sent walking next season? From a financial standpoint it makes sense from how our roster is built to move on if he doesn't.

I hear ya on that.

This is all just me speculating, but i think freeman just doesnt quite have that fire in his belly. Schiano loves the grinders sorta speak, and freeman just comes off as kind of aloof to me. After all his games, good and bad, its the same cookie cutter responses, and after bad games he says the same things......but they never get corrected. Its good to have a guy be even keel, especially the QB, but free just comes off as more robotic than even keel.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:

*couldn't

But, I agree. I love me some Free. He's been our guy for a few years now. But if Glennon is the better QB, then start him. I just wanna get over .500 and in playoff contention. I hate always having expectations for next year.
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:

*couldn't

But, I agree. I love me some Free. He's been our guy for a few years now. But if Glennon is the better QB, then start him. I just wanna get over .500 and in playoff contention. I hate always having expectations for next year.

i dont hafta write it 100 times on the chalkboard do I?? lol all in good fun

RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

"Best qb in the draft"

"Fierce competitor"

Shocked

Well said, good sir. I'm definitely in the "Just win, baby" category of which QB we play. I could care less which tall guy we have under center as long as they can win games better than the other one.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:

*couldn't

i dont hafta write it 100 times on the chalkboard do I?? lol all in good fun

10 times would suffice. As long as you know just what you did.
Diesel00

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't care who is at QB as long as they make great decisions. With Nicks & Joseph being back in the line up, I truly believe that they will run the rock very well and it will take tons of pressure off whomever is at QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: