Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Glennon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Mike Glennon Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8374/mike-glennon

Quote:
"We’re going to put a lot of pressure on [Glennon] and see a lot of reps from him in the preseason," GM Mark Dominik said. "He’s got to play. We may not see as much of Dan Orlovsky or even of Josh Freeman somewhat in the preseason as much as you’re going to see Glennon. We’re excited about just the little bit we saw from him [during rookie minicamp] in terms of mentally what he could handle." It seems the opportunity will be there for Glennon to pull a Russell Wilson and snatch the starting job out of Freeman's loose grip.

Most think he has a ways to go before he can handle a starting NFL gig.

How crazy would that be though if he ended up swooping in and snagging the number one spot?

I'm not rooting against Freeman but I am hoping Glennon comes out guns blazing.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm I honestly think if he gets a good grasp of the offense I don't see how he won't be able to handle it. Smart guy. High iq. Very good arm and is pretty accurate.

We have a strong team in place around the qb. Top oline. Top wr duo and this guy named the muscle hamster. Also put a lot of money and draft picks to build a strog defense.

If freeman struggles then glennon comes in a perfect situation.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon only has to put the mental side together. He has a rocket arm, good accuracy, and great anticipation. If he can adjust to NFL speed quickly, Freeman has some immediate competition.

I think Freeman starts the whole year still, but Glennon is not some fake competition. He can really play.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I looked into Glennon the more I was happy that we took him. I'm still hoping for Freeman to put it together but I am on Glennon's bandwagon, too.

It would be nice not to worry about the most important position in the game on Fall Sundays.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. The more I'm looking into it this guy just seems poised and cool. Laid back and easy going but has that Flacco like leadership persona.
BBando

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garbage
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath Evans and Darren Sharper said it best last last night career backup. He basically has no chance and to think he'd overtake Free is lunacy. Glennon was no better than 4th in a bad class of QB s. Fan base really loves back ups, he is nothing more than hot garbage and a waste of perfectly good 3rd round pick. Playoffs are all on Freeman and the defense playing well.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
BBando

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
Heath Evans and Darren Sharper said it best last last night career backup. He basically has no chance and to think he'd overtake Free is lunacy. Glennon was no better than 4th in a bad class of QB s. Fan base really loves back ups, he is nothing more than hot garbage and a waste of perfectly good 3rd round pick. Playoffs are all on Freeman and the defense playing well.
Lol god forbid Heath Evans or freaking Darren Sharper say anything. Like they watch any tape.

garbage
ChaoticBuc3125

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
Lol god forbid Heath Evans or freaking Darren Sharper say anything. Like they watch any tape.

Reality is they do and have examples to back it up. Anyone who watched Glennon says same thing above average arm "not strong" the best of weak class and he is terribly inaccurate and inconsistent. Yet the few of you see special arm, accuracy, and anticipation kinda laughable. Glad Free has back up because Doug is not that guy, but again we reached in 3rd and he poses no threat to Free unless we suck...

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you watch nothing. You say he has an above average arm? Watch some of the throws that Gruden breaks down. You see him deliver a 20 yard strike while taking a hit dead on with defender in his face.

Poorly accurate? How many drops did he have that we're in the numbers of Wrs? Listen I'm not going to say this guy will automatically become a star. However you're analysis is extremely poor and inaccurate. He does throw on anticipation. Ball is out before the wr breaks. Most of the time you see him looking throug reads. Occasionally he'll stare down a wr.

Look I'm convinced te bucs could have and would have been a playoff team if josh was consistent. He fell apart in te finall 6 games when we were at 6-4. The first 4 games were iffy. The next 6 were good but against bad defenses/teams. Then folded when needed most.

I think people want to look at stats and say how is he on the hot seat? But he doesn't do the important things right. He lived on the big play deep ball last year. When defenses mixed in more zone he couldn't beat it.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Heath Evans and Darren Sharper said it best"... Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Dude you watch nothing. You say he has an above average arm? Watch some of the throws that Gruden breaks down. You see him deliver a 20 yard strike while taking a hit dead on with defender in his face.

Poorly accurate? How many drops did he have that we're in the numbers of Wrs? Listen I'm not going to say this guy will automatically become a star. However you're analysis is extremely poor and inaccurate. He does throw on anticipation. Ball is out before the wr breaks. Most of the time you see him looking throug reads. Occasionally he'll stare down a wr.

Look I'm convinced te bucs could have and would have been a playoff team if josh was consistent. He fell apart in te finall 6 games when we were at 6-4. The first 4 games were iffy. The next 6 were good but against bad defenses/teams. Then folded when needed most.

I think people want to look at stats and say how is he on the hot seat? But he doesn't do the important things right. He lived on the big play deep ball last year. When defenses mixed in more zone he couldn't beat it.

Please child. All I watch is football, the kid is not that talented and has nothing elite about him. My outlook is not just my outlook alone yet the outlook from nearly every scout and analyst in football. Sure Free had rough end and your a hater, but I guess he plays defense too. Tired of saying same stuff he was forced to try to do things when defense couldn't stop anything and not mention a patchwork OL that gave up constant pressure he was in top 3 in the NFL at facing pressure per drop back.

ChaoticBuc3125

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
"Heath Evans and Darren Sharper said it best"... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Did you see skit I laughed too, but I agreed with them. Even though I don't value there opinions highly they had a point.

tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone expects Glennon to step in and play well, just that he has the tools to be a good quarterback and poses more of a potential threat to Free than Orlovsky.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Please child. All I watch is football, the kid is not that talented and has nothing elite about him. My outlook is not just my outlook alone yet the outlook from nearly every scout and analyst in football. Sure Free had rough end and your a hater, but I guess he plays defense too. Tired of saying same stuff he was forced to try to do things when defense couldn't stop anything and not mention a patchwork OL that gave up constant pressure he was in top 3 in the NFL at facing pressure per drop back.

Lets refrain from terms like "please child", I don't want to take away from good discussion.

Listen there was a reason that Russell Wilson decided to leave NC State. To say he has above average arm strength is ridiculous too. I'm as big of a Freeman fan as there is, hopefully this is nothing more then a motivating factor to push Free to the next level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: