Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Claim Marvin McNutt and other Waivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkw7oWoB7KU

Great Highlights, but wonder why Philly Wavied him

Especially when teams are allowed to carry 90 players on the rosters. Essentially Philly is suggesting McNutt is not in their top 90.

Well they just had a ton WR depth also.

Jackson
Maclin
Avant
Cooper
Salas
Benn

Likely are their top 6, if they even keep 6.

At TE they have:
Ertz
Celek
Casey
Harbor

Who again, likely all make the team.

There is another 2 TE and another 5 WR that are competing for spots that just aren't there at this point.

No doubt it was an issue of depth, however, when a 2nd year player is cut before his 2nd year (the year teams expect the largest amount of growth) and not allowed a chance to compete amongst 90 players it speaks volumes.

Also, its worthy to note that NFL is allowing 90 players on rosters since the new CBA. It used to be 80. McNutt clearly would have been cut some time ago if limits were 80. I don't see how or why we should expect a player who can't make a 90 players roster in Philly to make a 53 player roster in Miami. Not saying he can't, but I think it will be a long shot at best.
SUG

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkw7oWoB7KU

Great Highlights, but wonder why Philly Wavied him

Especially when teams are allowed to carry 90 players on the rosters. Essentially Philly is suggesting McNutt is not in their top 90.

Well they just had a ton WR depth also.

Jackson
Maclin
Avant
Cooper
Salas
Benn

Likely are their top 6, if they even keep 6.

At TE they have:
Ertz
Celek
Casey
Harbor

Who again, likely all make the team.

There is another 2 TE and another 5 WR that are competing for spots that just aren't there at this point.

No doubt it was an issue of depth, however, when a 2nd year player is cut before his 2nd year (the year teams expect the largest amount of growth) and not allowed a chance to compete amongst 90 players it speaks volumes.

Also, its worthy to note that NFL is allowing 90 players on rosters since the new CBA. It used to be 80. McNutt clearly would have been cut some time ago if limits were 80. I don't see how or why we should expect a player who can't make a 90 players roster in Philly to make a 53 player roster in Miami. Not saying he can't, but I think it will be a long shot at best.

Good point Merc & as you said, "starting his 2nd yr".

I just wish we were engaging this type of issue regarding our Oline.
Can you imagine !? Twisted Evil

I just never seem to get my way ... sucks !

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more competition for those last two WR spots the better. I think Mathews makes it personally since he saw the field the most last season.

Also, I like the name McNutt. Would look good on a jersey. I'm cheering for him to be #5.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Also, I like the name McNutt. Would look good on a jersey. I'm cheering for him to be #5.

LOL. SO true. I'd love him to make the team just to see his last name on a jersey!! So funny.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
McNutt was one of the WR from last year's class that fit the WCO pretty well. He is a true Z who can run the slant.

I think Matthews is no lock to make the team. Quite frankly he did nothing last year to assure him of a spot. I think Binns makes it, and then two of Tyms, Fuller, McNutt, and the UDFA.

YOu think the guy with a drop problem makes the team but a guy who is a 2nd year player that showed some flashes won't? Doesn't makes sense.

Matthews has a big chance at making this team.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: