Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Claim Marvin McNutt and other Waivers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Dolphins Claim Marvin McNutt and other Waivers Reply with quote

Per @RavensInsider, the Miami Dolphins have been awarded WR Marvin McNutt from Philly. He played at Iowa under WRs coach Kevin O'Keefe. I personally wanted Miami to draft him last year so I think this is a good move.
The Dolphins have also REPORTEDLY waved Hardknocks favorite DT Chas Alecxih due to injury. Only one source has confirmed this so I will try to see if this is true. Long snapper Patrick Scales has also been cut to make room for Aaron Corp, QB. This is Corp's third team this offseason.

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF

Last edited by Phinsnation84 on Wed May 15, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Wallace
2 - Hartline
3 - Gibson
4 - McNutt
5 - Matthews

Slot - Collins

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big deal, but they ought to get at least one half decent big receiver out of McNutt, Tyms, Binns, and Fuller.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be that bigger receiver for goal line type situations and such if he works out. 6' 3" and 218lbs. 37" vertical. Philli has a deep group of receivers too, so it's possible he is an upgrade over our current number 4/5 receiver.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNutt was one of the WR from last year's class that fit the WCO pretty well. He is a true Z who can run the slant.

I think Matthews is no lock to make the team. Quite frankly he did nothing last year to assure him of a spot. I think Binns makes it, and then two of Tyms, Fuller, McNutt, and the UDFA.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolphins Claim Marvin McNutt and other Waivers Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
I personally wanted Miami to draft him last year so I think this is a good move.

Me too.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 4.5 forty on a 6'2'' frame. This could be huge...
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too like this signing, but I'd cut "garbage" binns before matthews. Competition does not hurt. unless we keep these competitions going on too ong and the final people to make the team don;t see enough game reps before the season.

The only problem I see with bringing in so many players for camp is if we don't make cuts early and often. You can't expect to keep 90 players all receiving equal reps and then step into the season with our 53 man roster all up to game speed. We'll be making cuts before our first preseason game this year. And lucky for our coaches we have 5 games to observe.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDolphins2399 wrote:
I too like this signing, but I'd cut "garbage" binns before matthews. Competition does not hurt. unless we keep these competitions going on too ong and the final people to make the team don;t see enough game reps before the season.

The only problem I see with bringing in so many players for camp is if we don't make cuts early and often. You can't expect to keep 90 players all receiving equal reps and then step into the season with our 53 man roster all up to game speed. We'll be making cuts before our first preseason game this year. And lucky for our coaches we have 5 games to observe.

Almost every team starts off with 90 guys in camp...

Philbin is pretty good about getting guys reps...he has both offenses on the field at the same time and he stands at the 50...one runs the play and he turns and has the other group run the play...The team also has an extra pre-season game so they will have extra time to evaluate these players.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkw7oWoB7KU

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDolphins2399 wrote:

Thank you! I had high hopes for Binns, but he's slow and can't catch. Matthews has a lot more potential IMO and actually did something in games last year.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
MDolphins2399 wrote:

Thank you! I had high hopes for Binns, but he's slow and can't catch. Matthews has a lot more potential IMO and actually did something in games last year.

IMO they both make it.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Highlights

Great Highlights, but wonder why Philly Wavied him

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Highlights

Especially when teams are allowed to carry 90 players on the rosters. Essentially Philly is suggesting McNutt is not in their top 90.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Highlights

Especially when teams are allowed to carry 90 players on the rosters. Essentially Philly is suggesting McNutt is not in their top 90.

Well they just had a ton WR depth also.

Jackson
Maclin
Avant
Cooper
Salas
Benn

Likely are their top 6, if they even keep 6.

At TE they have:
Ertz
Celek
Casey
Harbor

Who again, likely all make the team.

There is another 2 TE and another 5 WR that are competing for spots that just aren't there at this point.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: