Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Walter's new draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I want A.J. McCarron if we get any QB next year. Most underrated prospect I have watched in all my years of doing this hobby scouting stuff.

hey, watch your tone. I'll pretend ban you!

Wink

Just do it then get it over with already I'm tired of living in fear. I haven't posted much the last month because I feel someone over my shoulder ready to throw down the ban hammer every time I do get a thought to post.

JK actually we just bought our 2nd house and we are doing a complete remodel from top to bottom and inside out. The new house is almost twice as big as the last one too, so I may very scarce around here for well into football season this year. May not even get to watch many prospect this year for the first time in a very very long time.

good luck on the house!
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
As one of the angrier fans here i think i may just give up on the browns.
I may just go to not caring at all

Meh, I can't say I'd be sad to see you go. I have a lot more things to use energy up on besides being angry.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Browns go after a QB next year, then my top choice (as of right now) would be Teddy Bridgewater. I came away very impressed every time I watched Brdigewater last season. I think he could end up being a very good and well-rounded quarterback.

I haven't seen a lot of Boyd to say whether I like him or not. I'm also intrigued by Derek Carr and A.J. McCarron

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
If the Browns go after a QB next year, then my top choice (as of right now) would be Teddy Bridgewater. I came away very impressed every time I watched Brdigewater last season. I think he could end up being a very good and well-rounded quarterback.

I haven't seen a lot of Boyd to say whether I like him or not. I'm also intrigued by Derek Carr and A.J. McCarron

I'm with ya.

Boyd has looked good, just short. Russell Wilson is a comparison I suppose.

McCarron looks awfully good too. He's underrated because of the scheme he plays in and the talent he plays around, but he looks like the real deal.

I'm so glad the FO didn't draft one of the turds available this year.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I'm with ya.

McCarron looks awfully good too. He's underrated because of the scheme he plays in and the talent he plays around, but he looks like the real deal.

McCarron = Ken Dorsey ill pass

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I'm with ya.

I'm sorry but I think that is a TERRIBAD comparison.

Dorsey just didn't have much talent.

I think McCarron gets overlooked due to surrounding talent but he is a very good passer.

#JDI
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I'm with ya.

I think McCarron gets overlooked due to surrounding talent but he is a very good passer.

Yep.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I'm with ya.

Thats fine, but he is not a good passer, anyone can be effective with an average of 5 seconds to throw,when he did have pressure on him he was terrible. His OL and Running game + Amari Cooper made him look better than he really is. This is a situation where you have an average QB gets to play with superior talent, If you put McCarron on SJSU to replace Fales, they would be lucky to win 4 games.

And my comparison to Ken Dorsey is pretty much spot on, he does everything well but has the arm of a High School Quarterback.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=523771

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
mtmmike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Meh, I can't say I'd be sad to see you go. I have a lot more things to use energy up on besides being angry.

sorry to upset you
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

sorry to upset you

angry and love are very closely interrelated... now if you were just apathetic towards the team that would be a better reason to leave.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

sorry to upset you

Its been about a month, I think he is over it.

I'm really starting to enjoy your contributions mike, keep up the good work.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wholeheartedly agree. And if there is a stud guy and we don't draft him because of Weeden I will be ticked. IMO if Weeden does great this year I still would not rule out QB. If he's still great next year and our rookie shows flashes, trade Weeden. We aren't in a position to contend for at least a couple more years. By that time the young QB will be refined, and let's go!

Sorry, but I can think of no better recipe for terminal failure so succinctly put as this.

Regarding the 2014 prospects, I already see that Manziel will be a polarizing figure come draft time but .....4th or 5th round pick? Seriously??
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Quote:
Wholeheartedly agree. And if there is a stud guy and we don't draft him because of Weeden I will be ticked. IMO if Weeden does great this year I still would not rule out QB. If he's still great next year and our rookie shows flashes, trade Weeden. We aren't in a position to contend for at least a couple more years. By that time the young QB will be refined, and let's go!

Sorry, but I can think of no better recipe for terminal failure so succinctly put as this.

Regarding the 2014 prospects, I already see that Manziel will be a polarizing figure come draft time but .....4th or 5th round pick? Seriously??

The book is far from written on Manziel. One year and one terrible PR summer is not enough to decide anything on him. If he keeps out of trouble, improves as a passer and learns to stop running like he's Cam Newton then he'll go in the first no doubt about it.
cortes02

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the Quarterback that has caught my eye so to speak is Marcus Mariota from Oregon.

- He has good size
- He has a live arm
- He is very mobile

I like what I see.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: