Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Walter's new draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Walter's new draft Reply with quote

Both are just two rounds. Both have us drafting at number 5.

Walter's 1st round Tajh Boyd q.b.
2nd round Cyril Richardson O.G.

A guard in the second really doesn't bother me if we take Boyd. Boyd is only 6' 1" so much like With Brees you need to keep the pocket clean with a shorter q.b.

Charlie Cambpell has us taking Johnny Manziel in the first round.
2nd round Ifo Ekpre- Olomus c.b. Manziel is short also. Olomus is 5' 10". I'd like to get a taller corner to battle the A.J. Greens of the world.

If we are drafting that high no doubt a q.b. will be the pick.

Comments

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
mchjstnk

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Walter's new draft Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Both are just two rounds. Both have us drafting at number 5.

Walter's 1st round Tajh Boyd q.b.
2nd round Cyril Richardson O.G.

A guard in the second really doesn't bother me if we take Boyd. Boyd is only 6' 1" so much like With Brees you need to keep the pocket clean with a shorter q.b.

Charlie Cambpell has us taking Johnny Manziel in the first round.
2nd round Ifo Ekpre- Olomus c.b. Manziel is short also. Olomus is 5' 10". I'd like to get a taller corner to battle the A.J. Greens of the world.

If we are drafting that high no doubt a q.b. will be the pick.

Comments

If we are drafting that high, I want the Browns to do any and all things possible to trade up for Teddy. Now, obviously we might not have a chance to get him if a team at the top needs a quarterback too. Let's just hope a team like the Bills pick 1st.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Manziel could mean the end of my season tickets.

That idea is THAT fing bad

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reserve judgement for after the season, but I don't like the idea of our top 2 picks being offensive players. I still want an impact FS, ILB, and no doubt in my mind that we'll be talking about replacing Ahtyba Rubin at this time next year.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
I'll reserve judgement for after the season, but I don't like the idea of our top 2 picks being offensive players. I still want an impact FS, ILB, and no doubt in my mind that we'll be talking about replacing Ahtyba Rubin at this time next year.

The way D.Q. Jackson's contract is set up I.L.B. may be a draft choice also.
I really don't see us drafting 5th either but you never know.
Hoping our young players really progress though. If we are drafting 5th Weeden wasn't the only one who played poorly.

sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny football now no thank you. But maybe by the end if the year he will have improved greatly as a passer the way RG3 did. It's just so early. Last year ppl had tyler bray going 1st overall.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

Disagree strongly.

I love taking Boyd. Just please draft a QB with a strong arm. Tired of noodle armed QBs (not saying Weeden has a weak arm).

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
buno67

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Johnny football now no thank you. But maybe by the end if the year he will have improved greatly as a passer the way RG3 did. It's just so early. Last year ppl had tyler bray going 1st overall.

what ppl were that? I remember after the draft last year ppl had Matt Barkley or geno smith going #1

Manziel to me wont do anything in football. I think a lot of his success in college has been his athletic ability and his ability to busted plays into great plays like his Heisman play vs Bama. In the NFL his athletic ability will be cancelled out and with the defensive talent in the NFL he wont have the luxry of turning bad plays into good plays

Teddy Bridgewater to me is Geno Smith 2.0

OMG Teddy Bridgewater had 4weeks to prepare for a team his HC use to coach. He will not have that kind of success the whole season like he did vs Florida in 1 game

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Disagree strongly

Not that I want to, but his contract will likely dictate his departure after this season. Many factors could prevent that, but I won't be surprised if it happens.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

what ppl were that? I remember after the draft last year ppl had Matt Barkley or geno smith going #1

Manziel to me wont do anything in football. I think a lot of his success in college has been his athletic ability and his ability to busted plays into great plays like his Heisman play vs Bama. In the NFL his athletic ability will be cancelled out and with the defensive talent in the NFL he wont have the luxry of turning bad plays into good plays

OMG Teddy Bridgewater had 4weeks to prepare for a team his HC use to coach. He will not have that kind of success the whole season like he did vs Florida in 1 game

I disagree with this, bridgewater is much better in the pocket, has better poise, better footwork than geno, plus geno did not play in an air raid offense

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

cattleman78

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campbell's updated draft has us picking 4th and taking Tajh Boyd q.b. and Jason Verrett c.b. in the 2nd round.

bruceb

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought at one point during this off season Walter had us at 19...what happened to that?
cortes02

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought of drafting Manziel in my opinion. I just don't see him becoming a dynamic QB at the next level.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mchjstnk

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Except the fact that Teddy really didn't have the greatest game against Florida statistically speaking. Look at his stats the entire year, he was consistent and had a great year. He isn't being looked at because of one game so that is just a stupid statement
mtmmike

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the angrier fans here i think i may just give up on the browns.
I may just go to not caring at all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: