Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release DL Kyle Love; Claimed by Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

I assume that means that they have a lot of faith in Kelly and Armstead.

They released him because he's sick and probably can't play. I doubt their evaluations of Armstead or Kelly have anything to do with it

If Love was going to be starting or playing lots of snaps, then they might have only brought in players as backups/insurance/future starters. Since they are not going to get any production out of Love this season, they must believe they have brought in players who can starters (or in the alternative they will be bringing in more competition for the starter's role).

That makes no sense. The decisions to add Kelly and Armstead occurred before Love was diagnosed with diabetes.

I'm sure they were hoping he would compete for a large number of snaps and continue to improve.

Have the Patriots been bringing potential DT starters the last two weeks? Maybe I missed those reports. If they don't believe that Armstead and Kelly are starters, one would assume they have...

What are you talking about? I'm not sure what you're not getting here. Kyle Love was not released because of performance issues or the presence of guys deemed to be better than he.

He was cut because he has diabetes and isn't going to be able to play.

If you've followed the Pats over the last 14 years you should know that outside of Brady, everyone competes for a job and nobody is penciled in to start. I don't believe for a second that the coaching staff is operating under the assumption that a declining veteran or a rookie are going to be opening day starters. I'm sure the hope was for those 2 + Love and others to compete and the best guy would start.

There's no reason to discuss Armstead nor Kelly in this thread because they don't have anything to do with Love being released for medical purposes. If Love was healthy, he'd be competing to keep the starting job he has held for most of the last 2 years.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

That doesn't make sense if this was the teams reason for the release. He will be able to play. Type 2 diabetes is so easily managed, even for a professional athlete. Literally requires dietary adjustments and the living of general good lifestyle. (Supplemented with pill medication at times).

Major weak sauce by the Patriots if this is the case. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get picked up if Deaderick did. I mean, Love's not the greatest player ever, but given the depth there, shocked.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

That doesn't make sense if this was the teams reason for the release. He will be able to play. Type 2 diabetes is so easily managed, even for a professional athlete. Literally requires dietary adjustments and the living of general good lifestyle. (Supplemented with pill medication at times).

Major weak sauce by the Patriots if this is the case. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get picked up if Deaderick did. I mean, Love's not the greatest player ever, but given the depth there, shocked.

I think the argument was that to control his diabetes (like losing pounds with a healthy diet) he would not have the necessary weight to play DT. I thought the move was very suprising as well b/c like you said we are very thin there.

Mack on the sig
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

He lost a vast amount of weight which means his muscle mass went first and that is going to take quite a bit of time to build back up. He might be able to manage it, but he won't be the same player for a long time and even at that he was serviceable at best.

There are some intriguing names on the list Billy posted

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Medula Amendola

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Not surprising, he can't stay that weight and be healthy with type 2 diabetes. Besides, with Armstead and Kelly both signed his starting days were (probably) done, so what we're missing is a back-up for Wilfork.

Will miss him. He was never great or even above average, but I like when low round picks/UDFAs turn into contributors.

Anybody else doing a silent countdown for "classic classless Pats, releasing a guy with diabetes"?

It didn't take long...
http://deadspin.com/how-can-the-new-england-patriots-cut-a-guy-because-he-h-507136776
Richter

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadspin is the worst.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bummer, though. You have to root for a guy, like Arrington, who works his way up from below the "no name" category and ends up not only being a starter, but a solid contributor to a superbowl contender.

ELRammy
Slotweiler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love is not a vested veteran. He's only accumulated three seasons in the NFL. If he clears waivers, the Patriots could place him on "Reserve/Non-Football Illness".
Grachuus

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

The playing weight he plays at makes "managing" it extremely difficult. There's a gigantic difference between a surfer with diabetes and a 350+ lbs man. The amount of insulin you need is greater the greater in volume you are. A gentleman of his girth would have significant organ damage in a very small time frame.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
InRodWeRust

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always remember him for doling out the biggest beast mode block I've ever seen.

SKIDOOOOSH!!

Do you remember when the Pats were 1-15?
Adopt-a-Patriot 2013: Duron Harmon - Safety Final 2013 Stats
Int: 2 Tot Tack: 24 Pass Def: 4 Fum Rec: 0
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InRodWeRust wrote:
I'll always remember him for doling out the biggest beast mode block I've ever seen.

SKIDOOOOSH!!

Pretty sure the guy retired after that.
Tom Brady Tribute
patsfan25

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good. I didn't like Love. He would gloat so much with his flubbery arms when he was actually close to the vicinity of a play. He's a scrub. And not just any scrub. A TLC Scrub.
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
That's good. I didn't like Love. He would gloat so much with his flubbery arms when he was actually close to the vicinity of a play. He's a scrub. And not just any scrub. A TLC Scrub.

Hanging out of the passenger side of his best friend's ride all day long. Just trying to holla.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

It's not 'easy' to manage any form of diabetes when your job requires you to be a fat tub of goo. Love isn't going to be effective at a weight which is suitable for his illness. He's not a 190 lbs WR.

Also, as noted, this could be a prelude to going on NFI though that doesn't seem likely based on his tweet
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

It's not 'easy' to manage any form of diabetes when your job requires you to be a fat tub of goo. Love isn't going to be effective at a weight which is suitable for his illness. He's not a 190 lbs WR.

Also, as noted, this could be a prelude to going on NFI though that doesn't seem likely based on his tweet

haha well I think he could be a healthy 310 pound DT and not a "tub of goo" and still be effective.

Bottom line is he'll need to get his health right before he takes another crack at football, it's just to bad the Patriots couldn't support him in that challenge rather then cutting him.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: