Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release DL Kyle Love; Claimed by Jaguars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Patriots release DL Kyle Love; Claimed by Jaguars Reply with quote

Quote:
The Patriots have made a surprising roster decision Wednesday, informing starting defensive tackle Kyle Love that he is being released with a non-football injury designation.

Love was recently diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes, according to his agent, Richard Kopelman of KLASS Sports.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4743463/agent-dl-love-told-hell-be-released

Quote:
Website @PFF graded Kyle Love as top-20 run-stuffing defensive tackle in 2012. 6'1/310. 24 starts past two seasons. 4.5 sacks. 26 years old.

http://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/334775501791035392

***Update***
Quote:
Former Patriots DL Kyle Love claimed by Jaguars on waivers, per source.

http://twitter.com/MikeReiss/statuses/335127130407067648

***Update***
Quote:
Jaguars were the only team to put in a claim on DL Kyle Love.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/335134355443810304
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
TreeFiddy350

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstead.... I'm watching you....
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaaaaa. And I thought the Deaderick decision was surprising. Our interior line is so thin now.

Mack on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real loss from a talent perspective. While he was good at times, he was also totally useless at others. Too inconsistent to worry about losing. For depth purposes, it sucks. They'll have to find a street veteran I would think.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
No real loss from a talent perspective. While he was good at times, he was also totally useless at others. Too inconsistent to worry about losing. For depth purposes, it sucks. They'll have to find a street veteran I would think.

Who is there on the street though?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Who is there on the street though?

Richard Seymour.

Other options are: Former Steelers Casey Hampton, former Saints Sedrick Ellis, former Packers, Lions Corey Williams, former Texans, Bears Amobi Okoye , former Jets Sione Pouha, former Vikings, Bills Spencer Johnson, former Seahawks and Giants Rocky Bernard, former Lions and Texans Shaun Cody, former Ravens Maake Kemoeatu, former Chiefs and Panthers Ron Edwards, former Bills, Ravens and Broncos Justin Bannan, former Eagles and Rams Trevor Laws, former Patriots, Broncos Ty Warren.

Oh and Albert Haynesworth.
Tom Brady Tribute
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

I assume that means that they have a lot of faith in Kelly and Armstead.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That leaves us with:

Vince Wilfork
Tommy Kelly
Armond Armstead
Marcus Forston
Cory Grissom
Dewayne Cherrington
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

They released him because he's sick and probably can't play. I doubt their evaluations of Armstead or Kelly have anything to do with it
Richter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it shouldn't, but this raises my hopes for Armstead. Love was miscast next to Wilfork, but he was decent depth for the nose tackle position.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising, he can't stay that weight and be healthy with type 2 diabetes. Besides, with Armstead and Kelly both signed his starting days were (probably) done, so what we're missing is a back-up for Wilfork.

Will miss him. He was never great or even above average, but I like when low round picks/UDFAs turn into contributors.

Anybody else doing a silent countdown for "classic classless Pats, releasing a guy with diabetes"?

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 31 Yards: 409 TDs: 4
TreeFiddy350

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Not surprising, he can't stay that weight and be healthy with type 2 diabetes. Besides, with Armstead and Kelly both signed his starting days were (probably) done, so what we're missing is a back-up for Wilfork.

Will miss him. He was never great or even above average, but I like when low round picks/UDFAs turn into contributors.

Anybody else doing a silent countdown for "classic classless Pats, releasing a guy with diabetes"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpigQVzvOA

We're like Cartman
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

They released him because he's sick and probably can't play. I doubt their evaluations of Armstead or Kelly have anything to do with it

If Love was going to be starting or playing lots of snaps, then they might have only brought in players as backups/insurance/future starters. Since they are not going to get any production out of Love this season, they must believe they have brought in players who can starters (or in the alternative they will be bringing in more competition for the starter's role).
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

If Love was going to be starting or playing lots of snaps, then they might have only brought in players as backups/insurance/future starters. Since they are not going to get any production out of Love this season, they must believe they have brought in players who can starters (or in the alternative they will be bringing in more competition for the starter's role).

That makes no sense. The decisions to add Kelly and Armstead occurred before Love was diagnosed with diabetes.

I'm sure they were hoping he would compete for a large number of snaps and continue to improve.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

That makes no sense. The decisions to add Kelly and Armstead occurred before Love was diagnosed with diabetes.

I'm sure they were hoping he would compete for a large number of snaps and continue to improve.

Have the Patriots been bringing potential DT starters the last two weeks? Maybe I missed those reports. If they don't believe that Armstead and Kelly are starters, one would assume they have...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: