Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release DL Kyle Love; Claimed by Jaguars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Patriots release DL Kyle Love; Claimed by Jaguars Reply with quote

Quote:
The Patriots have made a surprising roster decision Wednesday, informing starting defensive tackle Kyle Love that he is being released with a non-football injury designation.

Love was recently diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes, according to his agent, Richard Kopelman of KLASS Sports.


http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4743463/agent-dl-love-told-hell-be-released

Quote:
Website @PFF graded Kyle Love as top-20 run-stuffing defensive tackle in 2012. 6'1/310. 24 starts past two seasons. 4.5 sacks. 26 years old.


http://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/334775501791035392



***Update***
Quote:
Former Patriots DL Kyle Love claimed by Jaguars on waivers, per source.


http://twitter.com/MikeReiss/statuses/335127130407067648

***Update***
Quote:
Jaguars were the only team to put in a claim on DL Kyle Love.


http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/335134355443810304
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TreeFiddy350


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 122
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstead.... I'm watching you....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatriotsWin!


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 18448
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaaaaa. And I thought the Deaderick decision was surprising. Our interior line is so thin now.
_________________

Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24745
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real loss from a talent perspective. While he was good at times, he was also totally useless at others. Too inconsistent to worry about losing. For depth purposes, it sucks. They'll have to find a street veteran I would think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7658
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
No real loss from a talent perspective. While he was good at times, he was also totally useless at others. Too inconsistent to worry about losing. For depth purposes, it sucks. They'll have to find a street veteran I would think.


Who is there on the street though?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
No real loss from a talent perspective. While he was good at times, he was also totally useless at others. Too inconsistent to worry about losing. For depth purposes, it sucks. They'll have to find a street veteran I would think.


Who is there on the street though?


Richard Seymour.

Other options are: Former Steelers Casey Hampton, former Saints Sedrick Ellis, former Packers, Lions Corey Williams, former Texans, Bears Amobi Okoye , former Jets Sione Pouha, former Vikings, Bills Spencer Johnson, former Seahawks and Giants Rocky Bernard, former Lions and Texans Shaun Cody, former Ravens Maake Kemoeatu, former Chiefs and Panthers Ron Edwards, former Bills, Ravens and Broncos Justin Bannan, former Eagles and Rams Trevor Laws, former Patriots, Broncos Ty Warren.

Oh and Albert Haynesworth.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1708
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

I assume that means that they have a lot of faith in Kelly and Armstead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8620
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That leaves us with:

Vince Wilfork
Tommy Kelly
Armond Armstead
Marcus Forston
Cory Grissom
Dewayne Cherrington
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24745
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

I assume that means that they have a lot of faith in Kelly and Armstead.



They released him because he's sick and probably can't play. I doubt their evaluations of Armstead or Kelly have anything to do with it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12446
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it shouldn't, but this raises my hopes for Armstead. Love was miscast next to Wilfork, but he was decent depth for the nose tackle position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3954
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising, he can't stay that weight and be healthy with type 2 diabetes. Besides, with Armstead and Kelly both signed his starting days were (probably) done, so what we're missing is a back-up for Wilfork.

Will miss him. He was never great or even above average, but I like when low round picks/UDFAs turn into contributors.

Anybody else doing a silent countdown for "classic classless Pats, releasing a guy with diabetes"?
_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!


Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 31 Yards: 409 TDs: 4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
TreeFiddy350


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 122
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Not surprising, he can't stay that weight and be healthy with type 2 diabetes. Besides, with Armstead and Kelly both signed his starting days were (probably) done, so what we're missing is a back-up for Wilfork.

Will miss him. He was never great or even above average, but I like when low round picks/UDFAs turn into contributors.

Anybody else doing a silent countdown for "classic classless Pats, releasing a guy with diabetes"?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpigQVzvOA

We're like Cartman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1708
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

I assume that means that they have a lot of faith in Kelly and Armstead.



They released him because he's sick and probably can't play. I doubt their evaluations of Armstead or Kelly have anything to do with it



If Love was going to be starting or playing lots of snaps, then they might have only brought in players as backups/insurance/future starters. Since they are not going to get any production out of Love this season, they must believe they have brought in players who can starters (or in the alternative they will be bringing in more competition for the starter's role).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24745
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

I assume that means that they have a lot of faith in Kelly and Armstead.



They released him because he's sick and probably can't play. I doubt their evaluations of Armstead or Kelly have anything to do with it



If Love was going to be starting or playing lots of snaps, then they might have only brought in players as backups/insurance/future starters. Since they are not going to get any production out of Love this season, they must believe they have brought in players who can starters (or in the alternative they will be bringing in more competition for the starter's role).


That makes no sense. The decisions to add Kelly and Armstead occurred before Love was diagnosed with diabetes.

I'm sure they were hoping he would compete for a large number of snaps and continue to improve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1708
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Ok. I said that Deaderick was interesting, but not surprising. This is both interesting and surprising.

I assume that means that they have a lot of faith in Kelly and Armstead.



They released him because he's sick and probably can't play. I doubt their evaluations of Armstead or Kelly have anything to do with it



If Love was going to be starting or playing lots of snaps, then they might have only brought in players as backups/insurance/future starters. Since they are not going to get any production out of Love this season, they must believe they have brought in players who can starters (or in the alternative they will be bringing in more competition for the starter's role).


That makes no sense. The decisions to add Kelly and Armstead occurred before Love was diagnosed with diabetes.

I'm sure they were hoping he would compete for a large number of snaps and continue to improve.


Have the Patriots been bringing potential DT starters the last two weeks? Maybe I missed those reports. If they don't believe that Armstead and Kelly are starters, one would assume they have...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group