Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Article on Cruz Situation. Interesting Perspective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Article on Cruz Situation. Interesting Perspective Reply with quote

Interesting article on the Cruz situation.

http://rfsportsradio.blogspot.com/2013/05/NFL-Victor-Cruz-contract-negotiation-New-York-Giants.html#more
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Article on Cruz Situation. Interesting Perspective Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Interesting article on the Cruz situation.

http://rfsportsradio.blogspot.com/2013/05/NFL-Victor-Cruz-contract-negotiation-New-York-Giants.html#more

The article said it much better than I could, but its been my belief the delay has been a tactical advantage for Cruz and Jay-Z since the beginning. Up until recently anytime you googled Victor Cruz, Jay-Z's name was attached to just about every link that popped up.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, Jay-Z isn't an NFLPA Certified Agent. Still think a Cruz deal gets done

5 Years 35.0 M w/ 16.0 M Guaranteed.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure a deal will get reached but its the matter of dragging it out as long as possible.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up. People keep creating all new Cruz thread. Razz

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
I give up. People keep creating all new Cruz thread. Razz

Sorry man, wasn't me this time...haha
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is the price on Cruz. And does overpaying him eat into the resources to resign Hakeem Nicks. If only one can be had back, which would you take?
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Question is the price on Cruz. And does overpaying him eat into the resources to resign Hakeem Nicks. If only one can be had back, which would you take?

That's a great question. It'll be tough for the Giants to resign Nicks I think. Nicks is probably more of a pure #1 guy, but I don't think he has ever made it through the 16 game schedule. Cruz is durable and a playmaker, but could he be THE #1 guy? I think he'd do better as a high end #2.

I guess I'd take Nicks and hold my breath. But I hope they both come back. They're awesome together
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

I think that they'll be able to afford both, obviously not without releasing others to make room.

Snee, Bass and Rolle come to mind .

This information is according to spotrac.

Snee's contract is voidable after this year, with a player option to leave without any dead money associated with an early release.

Bass carries a 4.75 million base salary next season.

Rolle a 7 million base salary

Also, Tuck, Carr are free agents next season. All of these guys are entering the end of a career.

Vicious cycle of out with old, in with the new.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They better keep nicks. I have two autographed jerseys of his. I think the worst that happens, we franchise nicks for two years. That leaves eli having those two for three years.

Also, whwn eli resigns, we will save a lot of money. Enough to keep nicks and cruz on the team.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: