Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interesting prediction - do you agree?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you agree?
Yes - rookies will score more
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
No - respect the vets
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

htfryar

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
No way does the 3rd WR, who will likely be the QB's 4th or 5th option, the backup RB and the #2 TE score more than the starters. Unless there are a bunch of injuries.

I could see Witten and Escobar being even. Given Murray's injury history, I could see Randle scoring more. I just can't see Williams beating Austin. Like I said earlier, at best Williams will be Romo's 4th or 5th option on a passing play. That role won't lead to very many scores.

I have to disagree. He may be the 4-5th option but I think a lot of the time Romo does look to Williams it will be on a deep route. I think it is very likely that Romo hooks up with him at-least 1 big play TD every other week which leaves him at like 8 TDs on the year.

I don't do sig bets, but if I did that's one I'd take. I have my son tonight, so I don't have time to look it up, but when was the last time a rookie WR had 8 TD's?

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
No way does the 3rd WR, who will likely be the QB's 4th or 5th option, the backup RB and the #2 TE score more than the starters. Unless there are a bunch of injuries.

I could see Witten and Escobar being even. Given Murray's injury history, I could see Randle scoring more. I just can't see Williams beating Austin. Like I said earlier, at best Williams will be Romo's 4th or 5th option on a passing play. That role won't lead to very many scores.

I have to disagree. He may be the 4-5th option but I think a lot of the time Romo does look to Williams it will be on a deep route. I think it is very likely that Romo hooks up with him at-least 1 big play TD every other week which leaves him at like 8 TDs on the year.

I don't do sig bets, but if I did that's one I'd take. I have my son tonight, so I don't have time to look it up, but when was the last time a rookie WR had 8 TD's?

Not that I am comparing them at all, but Julio Jones is the last one off the top of my head. Though same concept, run past guys with an established number 1 and a big time TE threat.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

Let me know if you agree with this:

Dez

Escobar
Murray
Randle
Austin
Witten
Williams
Hanna

In order of likely TDs.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
Dez will scoer more TD's than all of the rookies combined.
this!!

In all reality, it doesn't matter unless our Oline can pass protect and open up running lanes!

But I'll play along for now:

Witten - 6
Miles - 9 (if injured 4)
Murray - 10 (if injured 5)
Escobar - 5
Randle - 6 (if starts for Murray 12)
Williams - 3 (if starts for Miles 7)

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Witten and all. But a TD machine he is not. He will get us to the redzone, he just won't win in the redzone.

In Redball I Trust!
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I love Witten and all. But a TD machine he is not. He will get us to the redzone, he just won't win in the redzone.
thats only because he isn't utilized in the redzone!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

I think Dallas is a unique team.

Murray and Witten have been unproductive, at best, in the red zone. You bring in Randle, who was a touchdown machine in college. You bring in Escobar, who is an ideal red zone target. So I think you are going to see Witten and Murray continue to do their damage between the 20s, while Escobar and Randle have their rookie impact in the endzone.

Miles Austin, if healthy, will absolutely have more touchdowns than Williams. But I think the other 2 will be enough to offset it. Especially since Williams seems like a good bet for a few big plays throughout the season.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Murray and Witten have been unproductive, at best, in the red zone.

I don't know if that's so much on them as it is extenuating circumstances.

I think over the last few years, I have hardly ever seen Witten targeted when we're in the red zone. I'm not sure if it's because of coverage or what, but we just seem to ignore him down there.

^^^mack
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Let me know if you agree with this:

Dez

Escobar
Murray
Randle
Austin
Witten
Williams
Hanna

In order of likely TDs.

Dez -11

Murray - 8
Escobar -8
Williams - 8
Austin -7
Randle - 6
Witten -5
Hanna -2

*Numbers pull out of my butt.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssh...Dez gonna score 20 TDs and go over 2,000 yards. #DEZMODE

^^^mack
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:

I think over the last few years, I have hardly ever seen Witten targeted when we're in the red zone. I'm not sure if it's because of coverage or what, but we just seem to ignore him down there.

Three head coaches, ten seasons, and less than 4.5 touchdowns per season average since he was drafted, I think it's safe to say Witten isn't an elite, or even good, red zone threat. It's not getting better now that Escobar is here.

Murray has 6 rushing touchdowns in 325 career carries.

Until they prove otherwise, they aren't great scoring threats. Randle and Escobar have the potential to be, so I think they'll see a lot more opportunities.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that our lack of a competent O-line causes Witten to block more in the red zone than say a Graham, Gonzalez, or any other TE that scores a lot of TD's. He is usually a blocker/chipper and safety valve when we get down within the 20 yard line. Same with the RB's, you can spin it all you want but until the blocking gets a great deal better, we will lack in red zone efficiency. Escobar is more talented than Martellus but he will still not get enough TD's to overcome Witten. Reason being if our rookies start to score more the D will compensate by rolling coverages to them and open up the vets. That could also work the other way as well.
matt79511

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do people get the idea that Randle and Escobar will be touchdown machines? Because Randle had 40 touchdowns in 3 years at OSU? Murray had 63 in 4 in the same conference and it hasn't carried over. Because Escobar is 6'6"? Well so is Witten, and most tight ends are at least close to that size.

In theory, Randle COULD be an awesome goal line back and Escobar COULD be a huge assets on short curls and outs and fades. But there's no evidence of this yet, and stuff like collegiate numbers and height/weight doesn't count. As for Williams, early indications are he won't even beat Harris for #3 receiver, so...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escobar - 6 TD's
Randle- 4 TD's
Williams -3 TD's

Book it, that's is all Smile
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Where do people get the idea that Randle and Escobar will be touchdown machines? Because Randle had 40 touchdowns in 3 years at OSU? Murray had 63 in 4 in the same conference and it hasn't carried over. Because Escobar is 6'6"? Well so is Witten, and most tight ends are at least close to that size.

In theory, Randle COULD be an awesome goal line back and Escobar COULD be a huge assets on short curls and outs and fades. But there's no evidence of this yet, and stuff like collegiate numbers and height/weight doesn't count. As for Williams, early indications are he won't even beat Harris for #3 receiver, so...

Your right that their is no evidence that they will be touchdown machines. Instead, there is evidence that the vets are not touchdown machines. It is easier to go with the unknown, than to hope that the leopard will change his spots.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: