Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Front Office Turnover
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Jets Front Office Turnover Reply with quote

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora: Jets are expected to hire former Cardinals GM Rod Graves to join their front office staff”

Quote:
‏@BrianCoz 2h
More changes: Jets director of football administration Ari Nissim will not have his contract renewed, per sources. #NYJ

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 2h
Can confirm report that Scott Cohen is out as the #jets assistant GM. Idzik continues to carve out space for a new crew to come in.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/05/15/jets-rod-graves-hiring-front-office-john-idzik/2161091/

Reportedly Graves is being hired to take over the Assistant GM job that Cohen had. Idzik worked under Graves in AZ, now it's been switched around. Graves background is heavy in scouting as well, so that's a plus for all those nervous that Idzik's primary background is in the financial part.

There's also a report that Idzik may bring in Tim Ruskell, who used to be the Seahawks GM, on board in some capacity with us as well. That could mean 3 former GMs under Idzik, if we still keep Bradway too. Kinda crazy but good if you think about all the experience they have. Let's just hope that it's not too many indians and no chief though.

EDIT: Ricky, I edited the title to reflect the subject better. We can just post all front office related news in here. Thanks!

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the title Change. I forgot to go back on it.

I wonder why Idzik waited until now to make his changes in the office. I'm happy he is making the changes. I forgot Groves was out there.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

I wonder why Idzik waited until now to make his changes in the office. I'm happy he is making the changes. I forgot Groves was out there.

Because the scouting process is a year round process. When Idzik came in the Jets were about midway through the scouting season. Rather than scrap them then and essentially start over, he worked with those guys. It makes perfect sense.

Now that UDFA season is all but over he'll begin weeding out people he didn't like to work with/positions he feels he can upgrade with people he's more comfortable with.

What's most interesting to me is whether nor not Bradway sticks around. He's been the main driving force behind the scouting department for as long as I can remember.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

No worries!

Most teams with new GMs have waited until after the draft to make changes. I'm not sure why it hasn't happened sooner, but it's probably not a big deal or anything. These moves were inevitable. Idzik will bring in his guys. Will be interesting to see if Bradway and others still remain with the team. Bradway has survived his own regime change before, so it won't surprise me if he still keeps his job lol.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ari Nissim was our cap/contract guru from what I know.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Ari Nissim was our cap/contract guru from what I know.

Good riddance, then Laughing
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that makes sense. Just can't wait to see what type of players they bring in.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Idzik hire a new owner?

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this. Idzik is assembling his team. I hope he can bring some guys over from Seattle.
richie jets

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradaway should be the first one gone . Drafts a kicker in the 2nd round, trades a first for Doug jolley , a 2nd for Justin mcariens, trades up for d-rob . He's the worst fire him already
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
Bradaway should be the first one gone . Drafts a kicker in the 2nd round, trades a first for Doug jolley , a 2nd for Justin mcariens, trades up for d-rob . He's the worst fire him already

He was the guy who had a man crush on Russell Wilson last year.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I like this. Idzik is assembling his team. I hope he can bring some guys over from Seattle.

Me too.

I think he will try to build the team to be like Seattle. He might have found his Marshawn Lynch in Ivory to build around on offense. Hope Geno will be our evil version of Wilson Twisted Evil .

Don't know much about his plan for our defense, but Milliner might be the first step of Idzik trying to build a Physical/Fast group of DBs like Seattle Currently has. I'm praying for a Kam Chancellor. lol

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:

Do not forget losing all those players to the Redskins.
I was pleased when he was fired, then shocked that he was still around.
Who knows the business end of the Jets it doesn't make sense to me but whatever.
I do like adding some new faces.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ProFootballTalk: Currently trying to nail down that both Rod Graves and Tim Ruskell will be hired by the Jets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: