Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your least favorite second pick?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennydagroin714

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Who is your least favorite second pick? Reply with quote

... since 1999. Any further than that and it gets hard to remember them. Any less time than that and the sample size gets too small.

Here are your choices:

Jared DeVries, Barrett Green, Dominic Raiola, Kalimba Edwards, Boss Bailey, Kevin Jones, Shaun Cody, Daniel Bullocks, Drew Stanton, Jordon Dizon, Brandon Pettigrew, Jahvid Best, Titus Young, or Ryan Broyles.

I have my least favorite and I'll put it out there if this thread doesn't just die immediately, but I was curious what everyone else thinks and why.

I don't care if it's because of production, who we missed out on by drafting a guy, draft value where he was taken, where he went to school, etc. I just wonder if there is a bit of a consensus and why.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is easy for me. Jordan Friggin Dizon. Seriously taking a guy projected 5th-6th rd in the 2nd rd because your pick got taken ahead of you is never a good idea.
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, that's a lot of disappointing picks. Obviously the first that comes to mind is Titus cause of his mental disability, but he at least had some talent.

Out of that group, I'll have to go with Jordan Dizon. Like many of Millen's picks, he did nothing and barely even played on special teams. Only time I remember seeing him play was in the pre-season.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list almost made me puke. All of Mayhews picks look 1000x better than Millens. Not really sure who is my least favorite, almost all of them suck.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, Brandon Pettigrew and Jahvid Best were not second round picks. Confused

Jordon Dizon is the obvious choice, but Drew Stanton is a close second for me. Yes, we needed a QB, but we reached for the "homegrown talent".
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily Pettigrew. Drafting a blocking TE with bad hands and poor athletic ability was the most retarded thing a 0-16 franchise could do in the 1st round. Oh, and he hasn't been a g9od blocker in the NFL often, which makes the selection that much more retarded.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:

Jordon Dizon is the obvious choice, but Drew Stanton is a close second for me. Yes, we needed a QB, but we reached for the "homegrown talent".
He didn't say 2nd round picks, he said 2nd player chosen.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:

I didn't see in the title where he asked for 2nd round picks.
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of that group, Jordan Dizon easily. Imagine Ray Rice instead of eventual third rounder Kevin Smith. But the 2007 2nd round as a whole was about terrible as you can get. Drew Stanton, Ikaika Alama-Francis, and Gerald Alexander.
davisblack

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan01 wrote:
Of that group, Jordan Dizon easily. Imagine Ray Rice instead of eventual third rounder Kevin Smith. But the 2007 2nd round as a whole was about terrible as you can get. Drew Stanton, Ikaika Alama-Francis, and Gerald Alexander.

Yeah the whole 2007 2nd round gets my vote.
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Dizon

Drew Stanton

Brandon Pettigrew

Terrible picks. I put Pettigrew third only because Dizon and Stanton were such terrible choices. Pettigrew wasn't the worst choice and he has had a more productive career than the other two but I hate him just as much.

Dizon was such an afterthought that I had to choose him.
Moparguy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is your least favorite second pick? Reply with quote

bennydagroin714 wrote:
... since 1999. Any further than that and it gets hard to remember them. Any less time than that and the sample size gets too small.

Here are your choices:

Jared DeVries, Barrett Green, Dominic Raiola, Kalimba Edwards, Boss Bailey, Kevin Jones, Shaun Cody, Daniel Bullocks, Drew Stanton, Jordon Dizon, Brandon Pettigrew, Jahvid Best, Titus Young, or Ryan Broyles.

I have my least favorite and I'll put it out there if this thread doesn't just die immediately, but I was curious what everyone else thinks and why.

I don't care if it's because of production, who we missed out on by drafting a guy, draft value where he was taken, where he went to school, etc. I just wonder if there is a bit of a consensus and why.

First off I would like to say I understand it was supposed to be not second round pick but the second pick they had in the draft.

That said DeVries shouldnt be on the list as he was actually the 3rd pick that year after Chris Claiborne and Aaron Gibson. Watched that draft through the 3rd round and really wanted DeVries before we took him. I was young and dumb at the time because not only did I call the Lions trade for Gibson but I sadly thought he would be good.

I realize that hind sight is 20/20 so I will simply give you who I thought was worst at the time and also a couple I thought were best

Everyone got Dizon. He never made any sense. He was everything wrong with falling in love with a player. There were no redeeming qualities.

Kalimba Edwards was next. I wanted Clinton Portis badly. Not only was he a better player but the Lions still had a massive need at RB.

Shawn Cody was third worst. Everything about him screamed "average at best". Never quite understood that pick. I wanted Matt Roth or Frank Gore.

The best of the bunch?
I though Kevin Jones was a perfect fit. He seemed to be exactly what they wanted in a RB and if not for injuries probably would have been darned good

Boss Bailey was also I guy I loved. Really had the athleticism you wanted in a LB along with speed and fell because of a supposedly correctable knee injury.

And I know why everyone doesnt like him but I thought at the time Pettigrew was a great pick. He was rated higher than where they took him, filled in a gaping roster hole. and gave a rookie QB another weapon.

Like I said tried to give you what I thought at the time,not how they turned out.
Moparguy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
LionsFan01 wrote:

The absolute worst part of that round was when a guy who you have highly rated falls into your lap and you TRADE that pick to a team that takes the very player you wanted.

Paul Posluszny. I know he isnt exactly a a pro bowler. But kept thinking when Arizona took Alan Branch how lucky we were to have him fall to us. Only other player I liked at the time was Weddle as he was a late charger (pun intended) up the draft board
beardorama

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably have to go with Dizon, considering how much a reach he was.

I also can't stand the Pettigrew pick, there were so many players I wanted instead (e.g. Mack, Oher, V. Davis, Delmas, Laurinitis, Maualuga).
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moparguy wrote:
davisblack wrote:
LionsFan01 wrote:

The absolute worst part of that round was when a guy who you have highly rated falls into your lap and you TRADE that pick to a team that takes the very player you wanted.

Paul Posluszny. I know he isnt exactly a a pro bowler. But kept thinking when Arizona took Alan Branch how lucky we were to have him fall to us. Only other player I liked at the time was Weddle as he was a late charger (pun intended) up the draft board

Passing on Woodley and David Harris is worse than losing Poz IMO. But yeah, we missed a lot of talent that year.

Overall I have to go with Dizon. He was a consensus 6-7th round prospect. He was drafted solely due to his potential in the Tampa 2 and never saw the field.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: