Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News from around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see NE going after Jermaine Gresham since Cincy drafted Eifert
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Holy hell!!! Did I just hear right??

Hernandez is also a suspect in a double murder from last year in Boston!?!?!?
\

Allegedly he killed the dude last week beacue that guy was going to rat on him for killing 2 guys and shooting a 3rd last summer.

AH - the first ever serial killer in the NFL.

Weird thing is, if he is found guilty, what team he was drafted to would really be a matter of life and death for him.

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

Unbelievable.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
I can see NE going after Jermaine Gresham since Cincy drafted Eifert

I don't think Cinci drafted Eifert with the intention of trading of Gresham. I think they want to use more double TE sets who can also act as receivers to help free up opportunities down field for AJ Green.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Allegedly he killed the dude last week beacue that guy was going to rat on him for killing 2 guys and shooting a 3rd last summer.

AH - the first ever serial killer in the NFL.

That's really creepy. But, it's very apparent that New England had strong suspicion of illegal behavior because of how quickly the Pats released him. If they had any inkling or belief that he may be innocent, I don't think he would've been cut.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://nflplayers.com/reports/RunPublicReport.aspx?report=top51

$8.1M in cap space

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
https://nflplayers.com/reports/RunPublicReport.aspx?report=top51

$8.1M in cap space
i use that reguarly to verify some of my findings for my spreadsheet. What I'm trying to figure out, is by that site, it shows how many players under a contract, and some teams have 91 and 92 players on contract. How is that so? Considering the league max is 90 right now.

Bronco's sitting under max at 86 contracts with 10 Mil under the CAP

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 8m
Giants and Victor Cruz have agreed to terms on new 5-yr extension for $43 million on top of his 1 yr tender. Expected to sign it by tomorrow

Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 2h
In Cruz's new extension he gets 15.6 mil in guarantees early in deal. Overall, really strong for Vic

Dez just got a salary hike.

Ace5 wrote:
retrolock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/07/former-dallas-cowboys-lb-dan-connor-arrested-at-airport-after-switchblade-was-found-in-his-luggage.html/

Why bring a switchblade? Although I'm a bit miffed the headline does not include his current team, the NYG.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrolock wrote:
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/07/former-dallas-cowboys-lb-dan-connor-arrested-at-airport-after-switchblade-was-found-in-his-luggage.html/

Why bring a switchblade? Although I'm a bit miffed the headline does not include his current team, the NYG.

Look what city was reporting the news...Of course Philadelphia would prefer to put Dallas in the headline rather than New York. Cool

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
retrolock wrote:

Look what city was reporting the news...Of course Philadelphia would prefer to put Dallas in the headline rather than New York. Cool

Man they really hate us here............... Huh, that sounds weird.
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfonzo Dennard was arrested for a DUI. Who thinks the Patriots name Tebow as their starting QB just so people forget about the rest of this off season? haha
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
retrolock wrote:

Man they really hate us here............... Huh, that sounds weird.

Dez gets kicked out of the mall for baggy pants, and it's talked about for a week. 2 Broncos execs get dui's and it's a footnote.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 of the top 9 threads on the News Forum about murder charges, DUI, and assault, players and executives.

Wonder what the NFL is going to do about this? Will they make someone the sacrificial lamb so to speak? Always have these issues, but this year it seems to have taken another step. I don't recall seeing this many arrests in the past, but that could just be me.

Ace5 wrote:
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
6 of the top 9 threads on the News Forum about murder charges, DUI, and assault, players and executives.

Wonder what the NFL is going to do about this? Will they make someone the sacrificial lamb so to speak? Always have these issues, but this year it seems to have taken another step. I don't recall seeing this many arrests in the past, but that could just be me.

The NFL is dealing with a double-edged sword on these matters. If Roger Goodell decides to implement a "zero-tolerance policy" on players with an arrest record or those that are constantly in trouble, then he is the bad guy. You will have some bleeding heart, A HEM!!!! Tony Dungy, up there talking about second chances and how it isn't fair or perhaps the player was wrongfully accused or he was just not mature enough to handle the riggors of fame and fortune etc, etc, etc.

However, if it is more of a "three strikes and you are out policy" allowing the players to test the waters and see what they can get away with, acting on impulse rather than think their way thru a problem and demonstrate self control and maturity, then you will see these matters esculate at an alarming rate. aka present day.

In my humble opinion he has to go with option number 1, zero-tolerance. It is not only the correct thing to do but at this point it is an absolute necassity. People are being killed by these players. Some accidentaly, some on purpose (See Josh Brent/ Hernandez) That in and of itself is cause to simply remove players that cannot control themselves.

The message this sends to our youth who, by the way, see the NFL as an escape from poverty (in some cases), among other things, is absoultley demoralizing to the foundation of our future. In short this behavior and the leniency in which the league deals with it is teaching our youth that achieveing the rank of professional athlete puts you above the law.

It is a privaledge to play in the league, in any professional sports league, not a right. And as far as the players being accountable for their actions is concerned, they need to understand that it IS a privaledge and they should protect it and honor it, not treat it like some "get out of jail free card." Which, sadly, many do.

Again, just my opinion, but it should be mandatory, if you are a professional athlete and find yourself arrested or incarcerated or convicted of a felony or misdamenor thats it. You're career as a professional athlete is terminated immediately.

In one word ACCOUNTABILITY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: