Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News from around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosario's got skills, though... and I'd give him up pretty cheap considering we signed him off the street.

5th rounder, because they need someone, but even if they whittle us down to a 6th, that's a free draft pick, essentially.

Or, better yet.... Marcus Cannon. Competes at RG or RT, whichever you like.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on the Hawkeye site I frequent mentioned Moeaki (Chiefs) as a possible target. Says KC will move him for cheap. How much he actually knows on the subject is unknown. Probably BS.

As for Dallas moving someone, I have my doubts. Pretty easy to see NE wait until TC cuts start happening.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some crazy stuff going in NE, I really think we gonna see a lot of Tebow playing TE in the preseason and see if he can do it. Amendola is gonna get 100 plus receptions easy this year. Brady will adjust and that's what makes him a great QB, who still out there at the WR spot that can help? I say they still finish 1st in the division ( 10-6) and then bow out in the 1st rd.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Some crazy stuff going in NE, I really think we gonna see a lot of Tebow playing TE in the preseason and see if he can do it. Amendola is gonna get 100 plus receptions easy this year. Brady will adjust and that's what makes him a great QB, who still out there at the WR spot that can help? I say they still finish 1st in the division ( 10-6) and then bow out in the 1st rd.

I think you may be right about them trying to convert Tebow to a TE, but I doubt we see him get any real time this year. Not that anyone is happy about a guy getting murdered, but the guy who benefits the most is Jake Ballard. I think they'll wait til roster cuts start, and try to pick up another TE.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's AFC West Blog suggests Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki as a possible trade target for the Patriots.
Evan Silva made the same suggestion on Twitter Wednesday. The oft-injured Moeaki is currently rehabbing a knee scope and is questionable for the start for camp, but when healthy he has the skill set of a versatile move tight end. He's also now behind both Anthony Fasano and rookie Travis Kelce in Kansas City, and was coached by current Patriots assistant Brian Daboll last year. ESPN also suggests Broncos TE Joel Dreessen as another possible trade target.
atran35

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obvious the Pats are limited in WR and TE threats. It'll be interesting to see what they will do to compliment Brady.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I noticed you said the 10M dead money - thats if we cut/trade him right?

Can we spread it over 2 years? If so, he has like a ~$5M salary next year so it would be negated. It would really just be a ~4M penalty this year.

We pay ~$4M for a second rounder and get his very large contract off the books for 2015-2017.. Which we can then give to Dez.

I don't think so. If we released him as a June 1 designate, we could have, but I think everything is now separated into either this year or next year with no in between. I could definitely be wrong about that, however.
if Miles is cut, since it is post June 1st already, the Cap hit is spread out over this and next year.

If Miles is traded, we absorb all Cap penalties this year.

Yes, but to clarify. If he is cut, this year's bonus' go toward this years cap, and the rest accelerate to 2014. It's not a 50-50 split over the 2 years.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
atran35 wrote:

You mean Jake Ballard and Rob Gronkowski? Rob just had back surgery...might be out for 6 games. Jake Ballard is WHO? And the rest of their dept?

I mean, if you don't know who he is that's more on you then it is on me.

OK. That's great dept. 2 guys who are going to becoming off of IR. LOL. Hell it's so much depth that Dallascowboys.com just posted an article on what if NE calls: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-1/So-If-New-England-Were-To-Call-Looking-For-TE-Help-/cf4511b3-5ba4-4c95-9f02-d2d265d4f646

I love Witten, and want to see him retire a Cowboy, but if they offered a 1st and a 4th in the 2014 draft, I think we would have to listen. If we did trade him, Romo would be put on suicide watch.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
atran35 wrote:

You mean Jake Ballard and Rob Gronkowski? Rob just had back surgery...might be out for 6 games. Jake Ballard is WHO? And the rest of their dept?

I mean, if you don't know who he is that's more on you then it is on me.

OK. That's great dept. 2 guys who are going to becoming off of IR. LOL. Hell it's so much depth that Dallascowboys.com just posted an article on what if NE calls: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-1/So-If-New-England-Were-To-Call-Looking-For-TE-Help-/cf4511b3-5ba4-4c95-9f02-d2d265d4f646

I love Witten, and want to see him retire a Cowboy, but if they offered a 1st and a 4th in the 2014 draft, I think we would have to listen. If we did trade him, Romo would be put on suicide watch.

You should always listen to and entertain the offer because you always need to look at both the immediate and long term health of the organization. Loyalty to a player is what causes teams to rapidly decay. Sticking to the model that the NFL is a business and that every player (read: EVERY) is fungible, you should always consider trading a player who will pay fewer dividends over the long term than a high draft pick.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade witten for a first and 4th/starting ol player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I would trade witten for a first and 4th/starting ol player

+1

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

I noticed you said the 10M dead money - thats if we cut/trade him right?

Can we spread it over 2 years? If so, he has like a ~$5M salary next year so it would be negated. It would really just be a ~4M penalty this year.

We pay ~$4M for a second rounder and get his very large contract off the books for 2015-2017.. Which we can then give to Dez.

I don't think so. If we released him as a June 1 designate, we could have, but I think everything is now separated into either this year or next year with no in between. I could definitely be wrong about that, however.
if Miles is cut, since it is post June 1st already, the Cap hit is spread out over this and next year.correct.

If Miles is traded, we absorb all Cap penalties this year.

Yes, but to clarify. If he is cut, this year's bonus' go toward this years cap, and the rest accelerate to 2014. It's not a 50-50 split over the 2 years.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell!!! Did I just hear right??

Hernandez is also a suspect in a double murder from last year in Boston!?!?!?

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

Yup

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

\

Allegedly he killed the dude last week beacue that guy was going to rat on him for killing 2 guys and shooting a 3rd last summer.

AH - the first ever serial killer in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: