Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFF label Massie "Secret Superstar"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: PFF label Massie "Secret Superstar" Reply with quote

Quote:
However, if you purely look at those last nine games, his PBE Rating comes in at 97.3. Had he been able to produce at that level for the full season, he would have been tied for third place among all offensive tackles. Thatís how good he was in the second half of the year.

Quote:
It may be lofty ambition, but Massie is genuinely capable of being considered one of the best right tackles in the league by this time next year, he certainly played like one to finish 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/13/secret-superstar-bobbie-massie/

We all know Massie improved drastically in the second half of the season after a rough start. PFF points out some impressive statistics to back it up.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was clear for anyone to see that Bobby really, really turned it around the second half of the year. It was really impressive to actually watch a good offensive linemen go to work for a change.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive in a few years I beleive will be a top 5 right tackle in the league. He played ridiculously good the second half of the year

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on him

Also hat tip to Graves and Whiz for drafting a OL that actually panned out.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His performance improved when Snyder wasn't next to him. If Cooper is the RG that side of the line will be very good (and young).

The Rebuild Has Begun...
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - this further illustrates why it would have been a colossal mistake to have moved Levi over to the right side and Massie inside. What a waste of his talent that would have been.

How about the backup center position going into this season? You guy's think Wedige makes the squad, or are we happy with the ability for Cooper to move over there in a pinch? I still seem to remember it being a pretty lousy situation when Lyle went out even though he wasn't playing all that great before that.
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Yeah - this further illustrates why it would have been a colossal mistake to have moved Levi over to the right side and Massie inside. What a waste of his talent that would have been.

How about the backup center position going into this season? You guy's think Wedige makes the squad, or are we happy with the ability for Cooper to move over there in a pinch? I still seem to remember it being a pretty lousy situation when Lyle went out even though he wasn't playing all that great before that.

I've heard rumblings that Watford could play center if needed and assuming Colledge is at RG and Cooper at LG.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

I've heard rumblings that Watford could play center if needed and assuming Colledge is at RG and Cooper at LG.

Ah - Watford - interesting - that's good to know, thanks. Really curious to see his development with Keim's comparison to Reggie Wells.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:

Daryn has been running first string at RG in OTA's, Chil Rachal is running 1st strign at LG with Cooper on the 2nd team.

It is only a matter of time before Cooper starts at LG. Colledge seems to be the RG for now (Watford 2nd/3rd string, future starter?).

Urban said Watford has not played any snaps at center thus far.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just getting ready to ask about how well did he do last season. He went to the right team. Glad to see he is being looked at as potentially one of the best at his position in the near future.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
iRobot

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I was just getting ready to ask about how well did he do last season. He went to the right team. Glad to see he is being looked at as potentially one of the best at his position in the near future.

A lot of Zona fans were calling for him in the draft when he kept sliding. Early on we were wondering what we got and at the end we were excited about his development.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

A lot of Zona fans were calling for him in the draft when he kept sliding. Early on we were wondering what we got and at the end we were excited about his development.

You should have seen my face when we kept picking someone else instead of him. lol

How good did he look pass protecting wise?

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

You should have seen my face when we kept picking someone else instead of him. lol

Very good. He's a better pass blocker than run blocker right now.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

End of the season about the last 8-9 games, he looked like a bookend franchise RT. If he can improve upon last seasons end and his run blocking, he'll be a staple for years.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

End of the season about the last 8-9 games, he looked like a bookend franchise RT. If he can improve upon last seasons end and his run blocking, he'll be a staple for years.

He'll be best in the league if he can

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: