Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers LB Melvin Ingram tears ACL, Hosting Freeney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance a 4-3 LB would fit here. I believe that there are still a few decent ones left. Isreal Idonije; Daryl Smith; (Brian Urlacher ?? i know he's and ILB). I think that Idonije is an interesting player. He can get in the backfield. We are not going to replace what I believe Ingram was going to bring this year, but right now we are hurting. Obiously I'd love to see us grab Abraham or Freeney but we "Don't got that kind of money" to spend right now. We must make a move. We were already hurting at that position.
kramxel

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievably bad news!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Having lost lost Melvin Ingram to a torn ACL, Chargers are bringing DE/LB Dwight Freeney to San Diego on Weds for visit. New Chargers GM Tom Telesco spent past 15 seasons in Indianapolis.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/334533137566670848
Tom Brady Tribute
Mongo

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough break San Diego. Sorry for your troubles. I thought you were thin at OLB to begin with. Now what?
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's situations like this that's going to show how McCoy and Telesco are going to react. This is horrible news but the pass rush wasn't going to be anything great this year with Phillips and Barnes leaving. Maybe we just give up all our picks and get Clowney next year to upgrade. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Tough break San Diego. Sorry for your troubles. I thought you were thin at OLB to begin with. Now what?

The good news is that we lost a guy at the position that the best FA's are still left (Freeney, Abraham are the two biggest names left in FA) and we'll probably sign one of them, and since we use so many different looks, they wont really have to play as a standup LB all that much.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Zappaz

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Mongo wrote:

The good news is that we lost a guy at the position that the best FA's are still left (Freeney, Abraham are the two biggest names left in FA) and we'll probably sign one of them, and since we use so many different looks, they wont really have to play as a standup LB all that much.

Bad part is it takes away the tiny amount of cash we had left to pickup a LT. Acee said we are <$5m right now with Fluker left to sign. We do have $4.5m opening up June 1st from the Gaither deal though.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
Mongo wrote:

Bad part is it takes away the tiny amount of cash we had left to pickup a LT. Acee said we are <$5m right now with Fluker left to sign. We do have $4.5m opening up June 1st from the Gaither deal though.

Whoever we would've signed at LT would have just been a swing OT. Starkes, and Justice had 0 chance of beating out Dunlap IMO, especially when you consider, he's was a solid pass blocker last year, he knows and talked regularly with our OL coach (since he was in HS at that), and our OL coach has wanted Dunlap to play for him since he was in HIGH SCHOOL. I think he'll be an average to above average LT, just like what Joe D was able to make out of Demetrees Bell, who Dunlap beat out for Philly's LT spot last year.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkieray wrote:
Any chance a 4-3 LB would fit here. I believe that there are still a few decent ones left. Isreal Idonije; Daryl Smith; (Brian Urlacher ?? i know he's and ILB). I think that Idonije is an interesting player. He can get in the backfield. We are not going to replace what I believe Ingram was going to bring this year, but right now we are hurting. Obiously I'd love to see us grab Abraham or Freeney but we "Don't got that kind of money" to spend right now. We must make a move. We were already hurting at that position.

It's possible, but I think it's more of a case where we'd see more of a 4-3 WLB brought in to be used as a speed rusher and someone who could just be lined up wide with hopes of either beating the OT on pure burst or forcing the OT to kick so far to the edge on his adjustment in order to pick the guy up that one of the DE's like Liuget or Reyes would draw single-coverage and only have one man to beat. It's a philosophy that's produced in theory - Gus Bradley used that as a look to get production out of pre-injury Chris Clemons, similar to a wide-nine look from a 4-3 Under base.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Beltre and Devan Walker gonna go beast mode.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Neutral

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:

Just for reference, you don't have to go through Acee to get that information. The NFLPA usually releases up-to-date cap reports on their site. Right now the link to it is directing back to their home page, though.

I get the feeling that the interest in left tackles is primarily from the agents, not the team. It seems pretty clear now that McKinnie was using the Chargers and Dolphins to scare Baltimore into re-signing him. And, I suspect that Starks is using us as leverage against the Cardinals. If we were really that serious about landing either player, why didn't they act sooner? Telesco moved quickly to grab Dunlap. I doubt that the difference in leverage between now and then would be greater than what they're paying Dunlap.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
Zappaz wrote:

Just for reference, you don't have to go through Acee to get that information. The NFLPA usually releases up-to-date cap reports on their site. Right now the link to it is directing back to their home page, though.

I get the feeling that the interest in left tackles is primarily from the agents, not the team. It seems pretty clear now that McKinnie was using the Chargers and Dolphins to scare Baltimore into re-signing him. And, I suspect that Starks is using us as leverage against the Cardinals. If we were really that serious about landing either player, why didn't they act sooner? Telesco moved quickly to grab Dunlap. I doubt that the difference in leverage between now and then would be greater than what they're paying Dunlap.

Dunlap's contract

Rotoworld wrote:
3/12/2013: Signed a two-year, $3.95 million contract. The deal included a $950,000 signing bonus. Dunlap is eligible for annual $250,000 reporting bonuses and $100,000 workout bonuses. 2013: $950,000, 2014: $1.6 million, 2015: Free Agent

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Dwight Freeney had part of his Chargers visit today, taking a physical. Visit will continue into Thursday.

http://twitter.com/UTgehlken/statuses/334863559894913024
Tom Brady Tribute
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Dwight Freeney had part of his Chargers visit today, taking a physical. Visit will continue into Thursday.

Thanks I was looking everywhere to see how that meeting went. Were so desperate to get a pass rusher on our team. If not Freeney hopefully get Abraham to come talk to the bolts.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persian Bolt wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Thanks I was looking everywhere to see how that meeting went. Were so desperate to get a pass rusher on our team. If not Freeney hopefully get Abraham to come talk to the bolts.

You're welcome.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: