Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers LB Melvin Ingram tears ACL, Hosting Freeney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakeroy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
That's just unfortunate. I didn't see any Chargers games last year I have no idea how he played but losing your entire season before you even get the chance to play blows hard. Hope he can heal quickly.

I'll sum it up for you... 1 sack. Ingram was non-existent last season, but he was a hard worker and was expected to improve this year, as a starter (he was used as a rotational pass rusher last year).

I guess now they have to hope Larry English develops...

*chirp chirp*

In short, the Chargers pass rush goes from awful to non-existent, unless they get a free agent pass rusher like Freeney.
He also had 29 pressures/hurries which led our team

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is terrible for San Diego. Their defense is like butter now, everyone will be passing through it. Hope Ingram has a quick recovery. He isn't a Darrelle Revis type of player so who knows the timeframe.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge loss for San Diego. I was expecting a big year from Ingram this year; i thought he had a really legitimate chance to break out. I'm not liking San Diego's chances at this point. They can't protect the quarterback and they can't get to the other team's quarterback. That's a recipe for disaster. Does this mean they have to go back to relying on Larry English to get to the QB? Yikes.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
That's just unfortunate. I didn't see any Chargers games last year I have no idea how he played but losing your entire season before you even get the chance to play blows hard. Hope he can heal quickly.

I'll sum it up for you... 1 sack. Ingram was non-existent last season, but he was a hard worker and was expected to improve this year, as a starter (he was used as a rotational pass rusher last year).

*chirp chirp*

In short, the Chargers pass rush goes from awful to non-existent, unless they get a free agent pass rusher like Freeney.

If thats all you got on Ingram, then you clearly didn't watch the Chargers last year.

He was a situational guy (was a big reason for Barnes not getting as many snaps), who rushed the passer pretty well, and got pressures (as lakerroy said, he led our team with 29 pressures), but couldn't finish plays and made some dumb mistakes (Brees/Peyton Roughing the passer calls).

I'm assuming that we sign one of Abraham or Freeney (I'm assuming Freeney, since Telesco is more familiar with him). We really dont run our "base" 3-4 all that much anymore, we have a ton of different fronts that we move around, most including 4 down linemen (4 players on the line, we had Ingram play as a standup end a lot, but that may just be how he's most comfortable).

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One step closer to Bridgewater.

Damn you Chargers

Joe_is_the_best ^^
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
To make it more clear, because someone needed it, the Chargers made it official:

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Melvin Ingram sustained a torn ACL in his left knee during OTA practice today. No other information was released.

http://twitter.com/chargers/statuses/334460440677588992

There you go get the info correct on the first try

The snarkiness isn't needed. FF isn't here for your to pick your personal bones in public.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Wow that sucks for him.

Yeah no reason to jump down Billy's throat...

Ohhhhhhh, you meant Ingram. Laughing Its a shame they lost him. Bad timing too. Phillips and Harrison just signed before the draft. Both of those players could have gotten more from SD on the market than they got from the teams they are playing for now. Good move bringing J.Johnson aboard though.

You can't state that with any certainty. The team was, by every account, ready to move on from Shaun Phillips. The people that consider him more than just a quality back-up (and mostly that because he has starting experience) are the ones going off the stat line and not from actually watching games (or even thoroughly consulting box scores). Yes, the man had a nice sack total last season, he also barely had more than 5 times that many tackles all season despite playing more snaps than any other OLB on the team. 50 combined tackles (when 9.5 of those are the sacks themselves) over 16 games when you're on the field more than any other guy at your position is just sad - and the totals in both sacks and tackles would have been notably lower were it not for games against the offensive juggernauts that are Greg McElroy and Matt Cassel.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:

Damn you Chargers

Rivers will prevent them from winning the Teddy Sweepstakes. Bridgewater will be playing in the desert with Larry Fitzgerald in 2014.
Neutral

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:

Damn you Chargers

Rivers will prevent them from winning the Teddy Sweepstakes. Bridgewater will be playing in the desert with Larry Fitzgerald in 2014.

Lies! Teddy is ours... it's destiny.

Recent/semi-recent QBs for the Chargers:

Leaf, Brees, Flutie, Lemon, Rivers, Whitehurst, ___

Look at that list and tell me that anything but Bridgewater comes next. He'll be wearing blue in 2014.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:

Damn you Chargers

Shuddup...Palmer will lead them to a 6-10 record.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

*chirp chirp*

Not really, Ingram only had 1 sack but he was getting a ton of pressure.... he was pretty important to our D.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:

Damn you Chargers

We're only getting Bridgewater if Rivers is awful and the line is mediocre enough that he could have succeeded.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no way how Jacksonville or Oakland don't land Bridgewater next. If San Diego has Rivers they will do fine.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of Jackalopes on here

Props to Jamison on the sig
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
Can you guys please return to just talking football? Are there any bargain pass rushing options left out there?

Well, Freeney is about the only pass rusher who has experience playing OLB that is worth a damn still on the market... there's always John Abraham, but he's played his entire career as a DE as I recall. It's pretty slim pickens after that.

I don't trust the legs on Freeney or Abraham on anything more then a vet minimum deal and I am sure they have 31 offers like that already on the table. It's going to be high quality coaching and scheme if we have anything resembling even an average pass rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: