Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weak Link
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think like some here that it will be Tannehill.

The Oline has to be the obvious "point of reference".
Tannehill & the RBs will only be as good as the collective Oline unit does.

Specifically: J. Martin, the RG & Tyson Clabo.
All of the above need to prove (and I choose my words carefully) that they can play adequately.

Too many un provens, underachievers & question marks for my liking.

I can recall a few yrs ago when we had one of the highest paid Olines (I believe J. Longs first NFL gm) -
Opening day, Jake Grove was late on the snap count & Jhonny Abraham teed off on J. Long tossing him
like a rag doll inside ATLs 5 yd line.
It took "the Great Oline Coach" T. Spumano like 6 gms to get that Oline "firing on all 6 cylinders" ...

Ughhh Embarassed

sug
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First this should be titled, Marc Sanchez Award or even Pat White Award.... now with that.

Rookie - Jenkins, Im taking a stab in the dark here.

Other player- John Jerry or Martin- I think they are the weakest (Pat White) type players, Jerry has had a couple season to shape up and hasnt dont it so far I think he is on the hot seat.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

All of the above need to prove (and I choose my words carefully) that they can play adequately.

I can recall a few yrs ago when we had one of the highest paid Olines (I believe J. Longs first NFL gm) -
Opening day, Jake Grove was late on the snap count & Jhonny Abraham teed off on J. Long tossing him
It took "the Great Oline Coach" T. Spumano like 6 gms to get that Oline "firing on all 6 cylinders" ...

Ughhh Embarassed

sug

If we aren't talking about an individual and are discussing the overall units. then I agree that the O-line is probably the biggest question mark other than Tannehill going into next season. Clabo definitely makes me feel more comfortable. He is an upgrade over what Martin was last year. The only other change is swapping out Long for Martin, which is why he becomes one of my biggest question marks. If Martin can become even a top 20 starting LT in the NFL this year, then it will be an improvement over what the injured and out of place Long was last year.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Ughhh Embarassed

sug

If we aren't talking about an individual and are discussing the overall units. then I agree that the O-line is probably the biggest question mark other than Tannehill going into next season. Clabo definitely makes me feel more comfortable. He is an upgrade over what Martin was last year. The only other change is swapping out Long for Martin, which is why he becomes one of my biggest question marks. If Martin can become even a top 20 starting LT in the NFL this year, then it will be an improvement over what the injured and out of place Long was last year.

I really don't much of a difference between the Long/Martin Combo and the Martin/Clabo Combo....in fact Clabo was better then Long was last year.

I'm not sure Martin will improve enough to be classified as a top 20 Tackle, but I can easily see him moving in the top half of LT this season. He's done what they asked him to do...I'm more comfortable with him starting at LT after hearing he's become much stronger and about 15 pounds heavier.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another part regarding the OL.....if we truly become more of a west coast offense....by that I mean line moment on running plays like the redskins....and short quick developing pass plays.....then we won't need the OL to hold blocks as long as we did in the past.

Guys like Hartline and Bess took time to get open....they needed double moves and such. That could be changed this year.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Ughhh Embarassed

sug

I really don't much of a difference between the Long/Martin Combo and the Martin/Clabo Combo....in fact Clabo was better then Long was last year.

I'm not sure Martin will improve enough to be classified as a top 20 Tackle, but I can easily see him moving in the top half of LT this season. He's done what they asked him to do...I'm more comfortable with him starting at LT after hearing he's become much stronger and about 15 pounds heavier.

Top 20 LT's would be just below average. I think you misread was I had said. I was specifying LT's. I'm optimistic as well on his progress. Can't wait to start hearing the preseason reports on him and Tanny and Wallace. Lots to be excited about this year in the preseason.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Ughhh Embarassed

sug

Well I could be wrong here but ...
I am not even remotely as concerned with Tannehill's progress as I am with the Oline.
I have complete confidence in #17s mental & physical skill set/development in yr 2.

sug
SUG

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Ughhh Embarassed

sug

Well I could be wrong here but ...
I am not even remotely as concerned with Tannehill's progress as I am with the Oline.
I have complete confidence in #17s mental & physical skill set/development in yr 2.

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
SUG wrote:

Ughhh Embarassed

sug

Top 20 LT's would be just below average. I think you misread was I had said. I was specifying LT's. I'm optimistic as well on his progress. Can't wait to start hearing the preseason reports on him and Tanny and Wallace. Lots to be excited about this year in the preseason.

I did I saw it as Tackles not just LT...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line and Tanney. The line will be unable to get to the second level, which ultimately effects the running game. Tanney will continue to be mediocre and hurried by pass rushers. I am sorry but I have yet to see a NFL QB succeed who was not a NFL fan.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see everybody playing their positions. So predictable

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The offensive line and Tanney. The line will be unable to get to the second level, which ultimately effects the running game. Tanney will continue to be mediocre and hurried by pass rushers. I am sorry but I have yet to see a NFL QB succeed who was not a NFL fan.

Where did you read he wasn't a fan of the NFL? And Tanny was a top 5 QB when being blitzed. So I'm not sure where you get your info on him being hurried. Maybe I'm misreading your post, and lord knows Tanny needs to work on some things, but that wasn't really one of them. He was cool as a cucumber under pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Where did you read he wasn't a fan of the NFL? And Tanny was a top 5 QB when being blitzed. So I'm not sure where you get your info on him being hurried. Maybe I'm misreading your post, and lord knows Tanny needs to work on some things, but that wasn't really one of them. He was cool as a cucumber under pressure.

He didn't know the NFL divisions/conferences well during Hard Knocks, and he said he never really followed the NFL coming up. The funny thing about that is that a) if it wasn't for Hard Knocks, he wouldn't even know he wasn't an NFL fan coming up, and b) it's such a meaningless statement since, how much do you know about other QBs' NFL fandom coming up? There were some people last offseason suggesting he doesn't love football because he didn't know the divisions in the NFL, but that's pretty stupid. If you don't love football, you don't get recruited as a QB and play WR for 3 years just to get on the field and contribute.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:

He didn't know the NFL divisions/conferences well during Hard Knocks, and he said he never really followed the NFL coming up. The funny thing about that is that a) if it wasn't for Hard Knocks, he wouldn't even know he wasn't an NFL fan coming up, and b) it's such a meaningless statement since, how much do you know about other QBs' NFL fandom coming up? There were some people last offseason suggesting he doesn't love football because he didn't know the divisions in the NFL, but that's pretty stupid. If you don't love football, you don't get recruited as a QB and play WR for 3 years just to get on the field and contribute.

I agree, but Ovaw8 seems to come from an "I don't know" / non-committal area. But what you said is more logical to me.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

and don't forget the fluggens and blafargles and how they will effect Tannehill...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: