Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Under the radar players for training camp
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Under the radar players for training camp Reply with quote

The talent level of the lions is much higher than it has been for a long time. There are always some lesser known players that have a bigger impact than anyone expects. My picks are:

Rodney Austin: Added some muscle to his 6'4" 311 pound frame and very athletic. Has taken practice snaps at RG, C and is learning LG. I think he will lock up a back-up job and maybe be in the mix at C.

Tahir Whitehead: Had a very quiet rookie season but has all the physical tools to take Justin Durant's spot. I am not sold on Ashlee Palmer as a starter.

LaAdrian Waddle: You can't teach big and is 6'6" and 320lbs. Had a lot of starts for Texas A&M. May not be a great fit at LT but could be a monster RT.

Corey Fuller: Not exactly a sleeper but he will out perform his draft position. I see him being a situational player early in the season. If he stays healthy he could be the ideal number two receiver that we have been looking for. I see him having a huge second half of the season.

Carmen Messina: I see him becoming a back-up LB and special teams demon. That is good value for a practice squad player.

Who are everyone else's sleepers?

Last edited by WillParks on Tue May 14, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Edwards. I liked him a lot last year, but apparently he was dealing with a quad issue. Hopefully he can step up this year.
tippitover

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waddel is from Texas tech. Otherwise I will say Patrick Edwards and te furia

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still excited to see what Chris Greenwood can do. He has insane athletic ability and size so if he can put it together, our CBs will not look too bad.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I'm still excited to see what Chris Greenwood can do. He has insane athletic ability and size so if he can put it together, our CBs will not look too bad.

honestly, if Greenwood becomes what I hope he can, as well as Slay, Houston is the odd man out. which sucks because I really like him but Slay and Greenwood have a much higher ceiling on God's Gifts alone.
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

honestly, if Greenwood becomes what I hope he can, as well as Slay, Houston is the odd man out. which sucks because I really like him but Slay and Greenwood have a much higher ceiling on God's Gifts alone.
Houston actually knows how to play football, I don't think he has anything to worry bout.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Houston actually knows how to play football, I don't think he has anything to worry bout.

Not to mention from a "God's Gifts" standpoint, Houston is actually pretty damn impressive, too:

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Chris&l=Houston&i=7686
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Not to mention from a "God's Gifts" standpoint, Houston is actually pretty damn impressive, too:

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Chris&l=Houston&i=7686

speed and strength yeah, but he's under 6 foot and has been in the league for a long time so you can't expect him to still have the same speed as these two young guys.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Houston contract will be up about time these guys are worthy to take his spot

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Messina coming out and thought he should have been drafted, so he'd be my choice.

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Edwards is probably the guy to watch. Likely would've been on the roster late last year had he not got hurt.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Messina and Edwards..Had them both on my Roster when I made an offseason mock months ago...also think Devin Taylor is gonna turn into an animal!! I think we got better on all sides of the ball this year...
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
also think Devin Taylor is gonna turn into an animal!! I think we got better on all sides of the ball this year...

He had the best player in the country on the opposite side of him and he couldnt produce. Why would he now? I hope i am wrong and think he has the tools, he just hasnt shown them yet.
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
1King

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
also think Devin Taylor is gonna turn into an animal!! I think we got better on all sides of the ball this year...

He had the best player in the country on the opposite side of him and he couldnt produce. Why would he now? I hope i am wrong and think he has the tools, he just hasnt shown them yet.

While you bring up valid points, it doesnt tell the entire story iyam. That SCAR defense was loaded with NFL caliber players pretty much all over the place. Only so many stats to go around.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:

While you bring up valid points, it doesnt tell the entire story iyam. That SCAR defense was loaded with NFL caliber players pretty much all over the place. Only so many stats to go around.

I will admit i dont know much about SC's defense but didnt his stats decrease yearly? Did they change defenses every year? He definitely has the length and the size and hopefully having 3 monsters across from him will make it easier for him.
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: