Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Huddle vs No Huddle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Huddle vs No Huddle Reply with quote

All the talk of Romo taking on more responsibility, having a "Payton Manning" type of role, and the lack of a commitment towards who will call the plays on offense got me thinking that we may be in store for more of a no huddle type offense. Much like Manning and Brady do. I for one would be very happy to see this happen, I feel like whenever we were in the fast paced no huddle mode, our offense moved the ball at will and just seemed better.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any stats showing the difference in our offensive number when we huddle vs no huddle.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need any stats to prove that our no Huddle offense is better than our huddle.

We only seem to run it in the 4th quarter and most teams literally can't stop us. But it's always too late cause they keep score padding too.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
PDeezy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The huddle vs no-huddle numbers are skewed because the only time we ran no-huddle was when we were down by 14 or 21 and teams were giving up the short to midrange stuff and trying to prevent the deep cut.

I'm not saying the no-huddle isn't a good idea. I'm just saying that it's not entirely accurate to just look at yards for huddle and no-huddle, and then base your decision off of that.

Our offense did look much more fluid from the no-huddle, but how much of that was opposing defenses giving a cushion, and how much was Romo taking charge?

As is usual, Sturm covered much of this converstation already...

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2013/02/garrett-overview-6-years-of-data.html

I tried to copy/paste the table, but I'm at work and my computer isn't being very helpful. He shows how many of our plays came from the Shotgun - 11 personnel during Garrett's time in Dallas. Here's the 2012 Data:

Year - 2012
Total Plays/Yards - 1029/5967
Plays from Shotgun-11 / Yards from S11 - 479/3141
% of Plays from S11 / % of yards from S11 - 47% / 53%

R.I.P. B2TB
atran35

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem seems to be JG play calling in which he calls 2 plays: a.) Run b.) Pass. Romo has always been good with no huddle offenses. With the OLINE being such a hindrance he should be allowed to run no huddle.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less is more with this team.

It seems the less players have to think about what the play is, what their routes are, and what their blocking assignments are, the more effective the offense is. Street-ball seems to be very effective. I am all for the no-huddle with this team.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Less is more with this team.

It seems the less players have to think about what the play is, what their routes are, and what their blocking assignments are, the more effective the offense is. Street-ball seems to be very effective. I am all for the no-huddle with this team.

I agree. Romo is great when running for his life and playing from behind. Sadly, he does not have much of a choice on that...

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: