Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Urlacher to Vikings...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Urlacher to Vikings...? Reply with quote

According to Chicago Sun-Times gossip columnist Michael Sneed, the longtime Bears star is close to making a decision about his football future. And he's looking north.

"Brian is leaning toward heading to Minnesota and is talking a one- to two-year contract," Sneed said Tuesday, quoting a source "close to Urlacher."

Sneed says the eight-time Pro Bowler, who turned up his nose at the Bears' $1.6 million contract offer back in March, also is talking to the Denver Broncos.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_23238653/brian-urlacher-leaning-toward-vikings-chicago-report-says

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will wish him the best 14 games next season should he choose to go to the Vikes. He is my favorite player of the last 15 years, but the facts are he has been injured too much as of late and he has been terrible against the run the last year or two. Obviously that could change with his knee being healed, to where he may be able to get lower and explode through the ballcarriers, but until he gets suited up we won't know.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
bkokot

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he goes to the Broncos. I think Peyton Manning gives Denver a real shot at winning the superbowl, and I think Urlacher deserves 1 more shot to do that before he retires.
G08

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to laugh when Urlacher tries to chase down Forte on an outside zone/stretch.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
dabears32

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely rooting for the Broncos. Won't have to play the Bears and has a way better shot at winning a Lombardi.

Funny how the Vikings love to recycle former NFC North stars - Favre, Jennings, Berrian, even Aromashodu, now possibly Urlacher. Laughing
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think a deal would work out well for either party…the Vikings would be getting a former great MLB but a guy who can no longer play in their base “Cover 2” scheme…if he could he would still be a Bear…Urlacher would end up on a team who are still a ways away from being a contender for that elusive championship…

For me going to Denver and playing on a more attacking style of D where he won’t be asked to cover for so long would be a much better fit for him combined with the fact Manning could take him to a title.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabears32 wrote:
Funny how the Vikings love to recycle former NFC North stars - Favre, Jennings, Berrian, even Aromashodu, now possibly Urlacher. Laughing

notice how we stay away from the Lions' roster though...

Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wouldn't take this report as gospel truth. Sneed does not have a history of breaking NFL news. It's still interesting, though, that he cited a source close to the eight-time Pro Bowl selection.

Although the Vikings had announced plans to move weak-side linebacker Erin Henderson to the middle, they might be having second thoughts after failing to select an early-round linebacker in last month's draft. Adding Urlacher would prevent fourth-rounder Gerald Hodges from being rushed into the starting lineup while also allowing Henderson to return to his natural position. For salary-cap purposes, an Urlacher signing is likely on hold until after June 1.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000169369/article/brian-urlacher-reportedly-leaning-towards-vikings

Webmaster wrote:
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
dabears32 wrote:

notice how we stay away from the Lions' roster though...

Laughing

I laughed and choked on my damn soda...

Well played.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I prefer that we play against him. Yeah it'll suck for a little while. But after Bennett and Forte run past him it wont be so bad.

Hope he comes to his senses and ends up retiring.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Honestly I prefer that we play against him. Yeah it'll suck for a little while. But after Bennett and Forte run past him it wont be so bad.

Hope he comes to his senses and ends up retiring.

I agree. I won't say that I did not like his play in the past, but for all the crap Cutler gets for being whiny, pouty, etc. I saw those characteristics in Urlacher, whereas I think Cutler gets unjustly accused.

I remember several years back when he would not talk to the media in anything but terse one or two word replies. That is the kind of ish that Lovie Smith let people get away with that had him as such a beloved 'players coach.' I will guarantee that crap won't fly now, nor should it. It is not that he was not sometimes a decent guy, it is just that it only takes a few incidents to tarnish your image, in my opinion.

The media can be instigators and jerks, but when you make $$$Millions, you can afford to be a bit more accommodating, a bit less defensive and occasionally bite your tongue. I always thought he wore his heart on his sleeve to a fault. Personally, I won't miss him even when the level of play from that position drops off.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
We wouldn't take this report as gospel truth. Sneed does not have a history of breaking NFL news. It's still interesting, though, that he cited a source close to the eight-time Pro Bowl selection.

Although the Vikings had announced plans to move weak-side linebacker Erin Henderson to the middle, they might be having second thoughts after failing to select an early-round linebacker in last month's draft. Adding Urlacher would prevent fourth-rounder Gerald Hodges from being rushed into the starting lineup while also allowing Henderson to return to his natural position. For salary-cap purposes, an Urlacher signing is likely on hold until after June 1.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000169369/article/brian-urlacher-reportedly-leaning-towards-vikings
Sneed is a woman and, generally, fairly accurate in the gossip she reports. But I also would not put much stock in this rumor. While it would make me uneasy I don't really think signing him would help you guys that much.

Sneed kinda took over the old Kup role for the Sun Times. And reports on the same kind of stuff. Kup definitely had better connections with the Bears, being an old NFL official in the 40s.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
The Broncos rumor has been debunked. Denver isn't going after him.

for what it's worth.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
@RapSheet: From Total Access: #Vikings source on Urlacher report: Giving current players chance to compete at ILB "barring unforeseen circumstances"

Webmaster wrote:
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
@RapSheet: From Total Access: #Vikings source on Urlacher report: Giving current players chance to compete at ILB "barring unforeseen circumstances"

Time to retire Brian

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: