Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lacy vs. Franklin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will have the better career as a Packer?
Lacy
60%
 60%  [ 62 ]
Franklin
39%
 39%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 102

incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
People are also forgetting that Ball has 5-6 hundred more carries than Lacy already. Give me the guy with less miles.

still, though, even with that, Ball has been far more dependable.

part running style as well.
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
People are also forgetting that Ball has 5-6 hundred more carries than Lacy already. Give me the guy with less miles.

Both Ball and Lacy have their pros and cons. So much will depend on how their respective OL (performs opening holes), coaches (use them)and "systems" fit them.

I think Ball will do well in Denver's system. I have my doubts about Lacy, partly due to the OL question marks, MM need to stick to the running game and his running style. If those things become positives, I see Lacy as having a solid career. But to me, those are bigger if's right now.
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

How do you think Ball has been more dependable? It's not like Lacy missed any significant time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

How do you think Ball has been more dependable? It's not like Lacy missed any significant time.

pretty sure he has a fairly extensive injury history dating back to H.S., has been nicked up constantly. I recall Palmy mentioning this.
deathstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being injured and being dependable are not mutually exclusive.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:

uh...yes they are
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

pretty sure he has a fairly extensive injury history dating back to H.S., has been nicked up constantly. I recall Palmy mentioning this.

Pretty sure the concerns about his durability were more related to how his body will break down in the future, rather than him missing time in the past. He has been hurt, but also shown the ability to play hurt and not let it change his availability.
deathstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
deathstar wrote:

uh...yes they are

No they aren't, bro. Being injured does NOT necessarily lead to missing games - a fact any Packer fan during the Favre era should know.

Missing games is what leads to someone not being dependable.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that EVERYONE gets injured, especially in the NFL. By the middle of the season 100% of players has something bothering them. The ones, like Lacy, who play through it and don't miss games are dependable. Clay Matthews, by the time we play our first game, is on a one practice a week schedule. Every year he misses games because of his hamstring. What is he?

Last edited by deathstar on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
deathstar wrote:

uh...yes they are

No they aren't, bro. Being injured does NOT necessarily lead to missing games - a fact any Packer fan during the Favre era should know.

Missing games is what leads to someone not being dependable.

i think you're confusing being injured and being hurt.

her'es a quote on Lacy:

Quote:
But Lacy's injury history probably was the root cause why the entire league turned him down not once but twice in the draft.

Injuries limited Lacy to seven games as a high-school senior in 2008. After redshirting in 2009, he made it through the 2010 season intact before being affected by a turf toe injury down the stretch in 2011 and undergoing surgery in January 2012.

Last season, Lacy had an elbow injury and then a left hand injury that one personnel man said required the insertion of seven screws late in the year.

At the combine in February, Lacy couldn't work out because of pectoral and knee injuries. He also came up with a pulled hamstring that eliminated him from Alabama pro day March 13.
deathstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing you quoted has ANYTHING to do with being dependable. Confusing being injured with hurt? Please read my addendum to that post.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
Nothing you quoted has ANYTHING to do with being dependable. Confusing being injured with hurt? Please read my addendum to that post.

mmm yeah, clay missing time IS an issue. That makes him less dependable. Certainly I'm not the only one who is constantly concerned about his hammies.

I think it's pretty obvious to just about everyone that Lacy is a bigger 'health' risk than Ball. I'm a Lacy fan, he was clearly the #1 back on my board, but even I can admit that Ball absolutely gets the edge in durability/health despite having more touches in college.
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
deathstar wrote:

mmm yeah, clay missing time IS an issue. That makes him less dependable. Certainly I'm not the only one who is constantly concerned about his hammies.

I think it's pretty obvious to just about everyone that Lacy is a bigger 'health' risk than Ball. I'm a Lacy fan, he was clearly the #1 back on my board, but even I can admit that Ball absolutely gets the edge in durability/health despite having more touches in college.

Lacy has been hurt a few times in his career, but I don't think they are injuries that will affect him in the future.

I see where you're coming from, I just don't think the injuries are significant.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
deathstar wrote:

Lacy IS a bigger health risk than Ball. Agreed, absolutely. Dependability is another issue and 3 missed games over the past two years vs. 0 is not that much of a difference. I feel we may be arguing about two different things - I just take issue with your definition of the word dependability. Lacy, in my opinion, is fairly dependable considering his injury history.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball missed games in Madison because he got hurt. When Bucky's O line wasn't playing well at the beginning last season Monte had trouble getting yards. I think Ball will do well in Denver but I am looking forward to seeing Lacy play for us this season. I think Eddy will be great for us.

Last edited by Pugger on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy has missed hardly any games with his 'injury prone' tag. The last few years we were all praising Woodson for the exact same thing, playing while hurt...now apparently its bad?

Id rather know someone will play hurt than have them injury free before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: