Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lacy vs. Franklin
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will have the better career as a Packer?
Lacy
60%
 60%  [ 62 ]
Franklin
39%
 39%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 102

ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Lacy vs. Franklin Reply with quote

Now I know Lacy was the higher draft pick, but that doesn't guarantee he will win the #1 RB spot. I've heard many people say Franklin is the better fit for our offense, and some believe Franklin was the flat out better prospect. I just want to get a discussion going on these two guys compared to each other. Some questions to talk about:

Do you think one will be the starter, or will we see more of a committee approach?
Who will have the better year?
Who will have the better career as a Packer?

Just for fun, try to predict their stats for the year and see how close you are when the seasons over. I'll say...

Lacy: 950 rushing yards, 8 TDs, 100 receiving yards
Franklin: 550 rushing yards, 4 TDs, 250 receiving yards, 2 TDs

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell... I voted Lacy though.

BTW will Franklin be wearing #ES as a packer like in your sig? Laughing
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they'll contribute in such different ways it'll be hard to compare them. I think Franklin may have better numbers due to getting more open field oppurtunities, but Lacy will be better between the tackles in the 4th quarter. Honestly, I'm just very happy we have them to complement each other.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers FTW wrote:
Hard to tell... I voted Lacy though.

BTW will Franklin be wearing #ES as a packer like in your sig? Laughing

You know it Wink

Photoshop noobs are easy to spot

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm petty sure Lacy will get a lot more chances than Franklin to touch the rock .. so, he should have far better numbers. Lacy will get short yardage, goalline, and also be the guy that closes out games. He figures to be the lead back .. probably will get double the touches over Franklin.

I think lacy will be a 1,000 yd rookie with 10 total td's.

Frankin is probably the third down specialst, change of pace back, and maybe the punt returner. I'd say 400 rushing, 200 receiving yds, 3 td's.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think they are going to use Frankin early in games, in shotgun with our passing offense and use Lacy as the finisher. Bring in Lacy in the late 3rd to kill the clock, which was a major weakness for the Packers O in the past.

Sig brought to you by Justo
SplashDive

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I am just really excited what MM has in store with these 2. I think Lacy is a better fit than some give him credit for but Franklin probably is a better fit. I think Lacy gets 15-20 touches and Franklin gets 10-15 touches. Most of Lacys touches will be handoffs I think and Franklin will get 3 or so catches a game IMO. Franklin may be a weapon in the return game as well. I am just really excited to see what Mac has in store for these 2.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a toss up. Both are amazing talent.. Really hard to tell.

I really wanna see Franklin return some punts/kicks this year and really get that Screen game going.

What I like about both these guys is they can catch the football out of the backfield and turn nothing into something..

I wanna run the ball on third down! Kuhn can just lead that way like he's suppose to.. Lacy will punch it in the endzone a lot for us on the goaline this coming season. Can't [inappropriate/removed]' wait! Very Happy
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:

I really wanna see Franklin return some punts/kicks this year and really get that Screen game going.

What I like about both these guys is they can catch the football out of the backfield and turn nothing into something..

I wanna run the ball on third down! Kuhn can just lead that way like he's suppose to.. Lacy will punch it in the endzone a lot for us on the goaline this coming season. Can't [inappropriate/removed]' wait! Very Happy

How to break my TV:

First regular season game vs San Fancisco,

Ball at one and a half yard line,

Down by four,

Lacy in the I formation, Kuhn at fullback,

I said, LACY in the I formation, Kuhn at fullback,

Handoff to Kuhn--play stuffed,

TV broken...need new Game Day mug.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

How to break my TV:

Down by four,

PLEASE GOD LORD IN HEAVEN PLEASE SPEAK IN MACS EAR AND SHOW HIM THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERNGIJWUEHEUWIJGU;OIHEW;OFHWOIJFHWIEJOFEJWFJWE

I'm surprised that hasn't already happened in previous games
blueswedeshoes Embarassed
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

How to break my TV:

Down by four,

PLEASE GOD LORD IN HEAVEN PLEASE SPEAK IN MACS EAR AND SHOW HIM THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERNGIJWUEHEUWIJGU;OIHEW;OFHWOIJFHWIEJOFEJWFJWE

blueswedeshoes
Embarassed

What you don't know is that he went through 24 TVs last season. Kuhn had 26 carries including the postseason...two were TDs. Wink

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
Gopackgonerd wrote:

How to break my TV:

Down by four,

blueswedeshoes
Embarassed

What you don't know is that he went through 24 TVs last season. Kuhn had 26 carries including the postseason...two were TDs. Wink

That's a lot of black Fridays... or Kuhn personally buys him TVs everytime he "lets him down".
umphrey

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread could have been called "is Lacy going to get hurt?"
packfan4

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy:Lacy is going to be our workhorse, 20-25 touches a game. He's going to see 70% of the carries and handle all of the short yardage/goal line runs. If he can stay healthy I can't see any way he doesn't rush for over 1,000 yards. MM has been preaching all offseason how much he wants to do a better job rushing the ball, so I can't see why we won't see a more heavily involved running game. We had 100+ rushing yards 7 of the last 9 games to end last season, showing that Mccarthy is going to pound the rock more this year than past seasons, especially now that he has his bellcow. My official prediction for Lacy, which is subject to change: 250 carries 1125 yards 4.5 ypc 11 TDs

Franklin:I see Mccarthy using Franklin all over the field. On 3rd downs, in obvious passing situations, on screens and outs in the flat, even on STs as the return guy. He will probably see 5-10 touches a game on Offense, coming in to occasionally spell Lacy/Harris. Don't forget about Harris, he's certainly going to get his share of touches, he's earned it. Franklin will most likely do most of his damage on 3rd downs and in the passing game so I'm going to predict around 600 total yards for him and a handful of TDs.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umphrey wrote:
This thread could have been called "is Lacy going to get hurt?"

Please. Slap yourself. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: