Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So please educate an outsider on the enigma Josh Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Anyone else have the feeling that Glennon will start a couple of games this year and look good, prompting an immediate quarterback controversy?

I don't. But I hope he has a good showing in preseason.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Anyone else have the feeling that Glennon will start a couple of games this year and look good, prompting an immediate quarterback controversy?

If Glennon does end up starting a few games that will be the end of Josh Freeman in Tampa, there will be no controversy.

I didn't study qb much going this offseason, didn't think we would pull the trigger this year.

From what I read and have watched the picks looks like a good gamble to me. Greg knows him, he's smart, has a strong arm, seemed to hit guys in the numbers a ton (his guys dropped a million balls) and for a statue he doesn't move to bad.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

If Glennon does end up starting a few games that will be the end of Josh Freeman in Tampa, there will be no controversy.

I didn't study qb much going this offseason, didn't think we would pull the trigger this year.

From what I read and have watched the picks looks like a good gamble to me. Greg knows him, he's smart, has a strong arm, seemed to hit guys in the numbers a ton (his guys dropped a million balls) and for a statue he doesn't move to bad.

When I first started scouting Glennon, mechanics wise, and the way he threw with anticipation, reminded me of Matt Ryan back in his Boston College. Now does it mean he will be Matt Ryan? No. Time will tell. All I'm saying is they really do look similar the way they throw the football, move, and their poise.

I do agree. Glennon did suffer from bad drops. But he needs to build consistency. Liked his Jr year tape. Senior year you see he was hurt by a lot of losses around him. However, inconsistency was there with his footwork.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: So please educate an outsider on the enigma Josh Freeman Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
I've only had the occasion to catch a few Tampa games over the years

What exactly is going on with the kid? I've seen a guy with an absolute cannon for an arm who seems to be maddeningly inconsistent with his decision-making.

what is it that he is doing wrong, what is he doing right? What do you see as his future?

Its very simple: You put up a meaningless game against a crappy team against him and he will look like a franchise QB. You put him against an average or good team with a game that could make or break your way into the playoffs he will look like a bust

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

When I first started scouting Glennon, mechanics wise, and the way he threw with anticipation, reminded me of Matt Ryan back in his Boston College. Now does it mean he will be Matt Ryan? No. Time will tell. All I'm saying is they really do look similar the way they throw the football, move, and their poise.

I do agree. Glennon did suffer from bad drops. But he needs to build consistency. Liked his Jr year tape. Senior year you see he was hurt by a lot of losses around him. However, inconsistency was there with his footwork.

The funny part to that is that Glennon had some of the same coaches that Ryan did in BC and they said the same thing. Here's a pretty decent article going over the same comparison. Stats wise they had roughly the same junior senior years with Ryan having an edge on some categories.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/5/1/4284444/buccaneers-2013-nfl-draft-mike-glennon-is-matt-ryan

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that Glennon doesnt start this year. It means Freeman is injured or flat out stinks it up. We have seen too many glimpses of greatness from Freeman. I think that Free will make big leaps in some of the problems he has had. I will say that I am warming up more and more to the pick now.

I know im probably one of Freeman's biggest supporters, but I promise i'll be as judgmental as I can when the season rolls around. I don't have anymore excuses for him, it's now or never Free.....

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard rumors that you guys were calling on day 2 before you drafted Glennon trying to trade for Nick Foles.

I doubt the organization is super high on freeman if that actually happened.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I heard rumors that you guys were calling on day 2 before you drafted Glennon trying to trade for Nick Foles.

I doubt the organization is super high on freeman if that actually happened.

It's said to be for a legit backup. I don't know if that's all true, but if Freeman balls out all will be forgotten, and hopefully we can groom Glennon to trade after a few years...

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Freeman tears it up this year. His consistency has to improve a lot though. When he is playing well he looks so calm, but then there is stretches like the end of last season where it looks he is trying to do everything at 100mph and it all falls apart.

I hope Tampa doesn't let him go (although it feels like Schiano has made his own decision at QB). If we do cut him loose, I hope he ends up with a guy like Trestman in Chicago.

#EmbraceTheSuck
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think there was a time last year that Schiano would have liked to pull freeman but had no viable option to turn too. I do believe that schiano , who likes freeman as a person, but was frustrated with Josh's play ad erratic decisions.

I take point to the eagles game. You have the ball with slightly 2 min to go. You run it 1st and 2nd down. 3rd and long a completion for a 1st ends it. They run the ball. Keep in mind josh had completed 42% of his passes and caught a break at about 6 dropped INTs. That to me proved schiano didn't trust freeman wit the game on the line.

And on 3rd and long against Dallas. The communicator headset goes out. Josh calls a handoff. Shows how much he wanted it right?

Idk I just can't bring myself to get psyched that josh puts it together. He's got several 4th qtr comebacks but he folds in big games.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that he has made great strides in certain areas of his game, flat-lined in others, and regressed in some as well.

What made him so special in 2010 was his ability to not only move in the pocket, but break the pocket and keep plays alive or tuck it for a first down. At this point he seems so worried about his footwork that he has actually become a bit robotic. The free flowing, naturally athletic Freeman is rarely seen nowadays. His footwork when he drops back has actually gotten a lot better. It's not nearly as sloppy as it once was. Unfortunately, now when there is pressure in his face he would rather make a pass off of his back foot than move around and buy himself sometime. Sure, throwing the ball off of your back foot helps you to avoid the sack, but it also leads to so many errant throws, turnovers and flat out terrible decisions. IMO, his willingness to trust his arm off of his back foot is his biggest problem right now.

Every once and a while you catch a glimpse of that natural athleticism, but not nearly enough these days. With one more offseason in the same system I hope that he feels comfortable enough to take advantage of one of his greatest strengths. We'll see...

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204815/article/top-10-quarterbacks-25-or-under-josh-freeman?campaign=Facebook_atl_rosenthal

I think this is a solid assessment of freeman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: