You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign former Cowboys RB Felix Jones to a 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are keeping 4 RBs on the 53 this year. Chris Polk is like a utility guy, he can definitely pound the rock, block, and catch. Brown and McCoy are locks because of shear talent. Jones is probably playing ST and is a home run threat, I could see him lined up in split RB formations. Maysonet will be on the practice squad.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I just don't get this signing. Yes, it bring in competition, but if there was any position that I didn't want more competition at is RB. Jones is a known quantity, he is a runner that can flash potential, but he doesn't absorb contact well and he has had issues with turning the ball over if I am not mistaken. I liked Lesean-Bryce-Polk-Maysonette. That seems like a group of RB's with very bright futures. Jones probably makes the team for ST's, but I still don't really like this signing.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Honestly, I just don't get this signing. Yes, it bring in competition, but if there was any position that I didn't want more competition at is RB. Jones is a known quantity, he is a runner that can flash potential, but he doesn't absorb contact well and he has had issues with turning the ball over if I am not mistaken. I liked Lesean-Bryce-Polk-Maysonette. That seems like a group of RB's with very bright futures. Jones probably makes the team for ST's, but I still don't really like this signing.

Just my speculation, but perhaps they aren't entirely satisfied by what they've seen from the RB depth?

Remember that aside from McCoy and Brown, nobody has NFL experience. It's entirely possible that Polk and company aren't exciting the coaches very much.

IMO they don't sign Jones unless there was some dissatisfaction with the depth players.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he can contribute as a KR

Kiltman on the sig
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His experience in camp wont hurt.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

Just my speculation, but perhaps they aren't entirely satisfied by what they've seen from the RB depth?

Remember that aside from McCoy and Brown, nobody has NFL experience. It's entirely possible that Polk and company aren't exciting the coaches very much.

IMO they don't sign Jones unless there was some dissatisfaction with the depth players.

That is very possible and would be a valid explanation. If they don't like what they see in Polk/Maysonette then signing Jones makes more sense. I hope we keep those two on the PS at least though, I like them both.
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing this on NFL Network earlier today was a pleasant surprise to start the day. I don't mind the signing, competition never hurts. Jones is good with the ball in his hands and can also produce as a receiver out of the backfield and in the return game.

I think he has a good preseason and beats out Polk for the #3 RB slot.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

That is very possible and would be a valid explanation. If they don't like what they see in Polk/Maysonette then signing Jones makes more sense. I hope we keep those two on the PS at least though, I like them both.

We could go four deep....so one will have to beat out the other for that fourth spot....that Tucker kid will also be competing for it too.

Once we get into the 4th TE, 6th WR, 4th RB debate it's really down to special teams ability....which it's hard to gauge as an outsider

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
EaglesFly58High

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually very excited for this pick up. I like him when he gets the ball on screens and other little gadget plays. He may not be a great running back but can be used in creative ways by Chip.

He catches a lot of heat from the cowboy fans for being hurt. Also because they wasted a first round pick on him. When healthy he wasn't that bad. At times he showed some real talent.

For us its a good pick up. Only 1 year deal and we didn't have to waste our first round pick.

PSN-KnOWn-X // Twitter-EaglesFlyHigh11
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNutt busted hard.

On another note, Felix is just there for competition, that's it.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBs get hurt easily, so we need bodies. Better a known commodity who isn't great over some no name scrub.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RoobCSN
Quote:
I'm told by a league source Felix Jones' deal is minimum-salary-benefit, so $715,000 base plus likely $65,000 RB and $555,000 cap hit.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
I'm told by a league source Felix Jones' deal is minimum-salary-benefit, so $715,000 base plus likely $65,000 RB and $555,000 cap hit.

Nice contract for you guys.

And a few of you are missing the point as to WHY Dallas is so happy. It has little to do with the fact he was a bust - hell a 3rd RB for you isn't bad on the cheap side. But it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that now Dallas has zero chance of re-signing him.

Happy, happy days!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:

Nice contract for you guys.

And a few of you are missing the point as to WHY Dallas is so happy. It has little to do with the fact he was a bust - hell a 3rd RB for you isn't bad on the cheap side. But it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that now Dallas has zero chance of re-signing him.

Happy, happy days!

Enjoy DeInjured Murray for the next few years!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: