Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nobody's 2014 NFL Mock Draft v1.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Nobody's 2014 NFL Mock Draft v1.0 Reply with quote

If you disagree with a pick, TELL ME WHY. If you disagree with your teams draft position, feel free to tell me so long as you give me reasons for it. Feedback is everything here, especially if you want an improved mock 2.0!!

1. New York Jets- Jadeveon Clowney- DE/OLB South Carolina- An easy pick or New York. They need more pass rush, he's the top prospect.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Teddy Bridgewater- QB Louisville- Youre welcome, Jacksonville. Teddy has all of the tools to be an elite NFL signal caller.

3. Oakland Raiders- David Fales- QB SJSU- I believe in Tyler Wilson, but in the end if they pick this high they very likely look for a franchise QB. I'm a big Fales fan, and in a good situation he has star potential.

4. Carolina Panthers- Marquise Lee- WR USC- The Panthers are much more talented than their record and draft position shows. They have a ridiculously difficult schedule. Carolina has searched for a complement to Steve Smith for years, and Lee is the answer. He will take over for Smith and should be a fearsome combo with Newton.

5. Cleveland Browns- Bradley Roby- CB Ohio State- The most talented DB in the draft by far, Cleveland goes with the hometown player to play across from Haden, with McFadden in the slot. A fearsome secondary for sure.

6. San Diego Chargers- Taylor Lewan- OT Michigan- OSU/Michigan back to back! San Diego doesn't have a LT on the roster right now, plain and simple. They may also go QB here, but at this point I don't think it's all Rivers' fault. Lewan is great in pass pro and the running game, and should monumentally improve the SD OL.

7. Buffalo Bills- Sammy Watkins- WR Clemson- Bot a huge fan of Watkins so early, but Buffalo needs more talent for Manuel. Stevie Johnson, Watkins, and Woods is a great WR corps.

8. Detroit Lions- Cyrus Kouandjio- OT Alabama- Whether Reiff is the franchise LT Detroit hopes for or not, there's no denying a need for an OT. Another Bama OL in the top 10.

9. Philadelphia Eagles- Tahj Boyd- QB Clemson- For the record, I'm not a huge Boyd fan, and I realize Kelly doesn't just use black QBs. I don't think Barkley is the answer, and they need a QB to build around if they're picking top 10.

10. Kansas City Chiefs- Aaron Murray- QB Georgia- Undersized, yes, but Murray can be a franchise QB for KC, especially under Andy Reid. He has the physical tools and SEC production to be great.

11. Arizona Cardinals- Jake Matthews- OT Texas A&M- Need I explain myself? They don't want to reach for a QB here, so 'Zona takes a much needed LT to protect Palmer. They need a good OL to run a vertical offense effectively (unless Palmer suddenly becomes Andrew Luck.)

12. Tennessee Titans- Louis Nix III- DT Notre Dame- The Titans stock up on DL talent. They could go QB if Locker doesn't get his [inappropriate/removed] in gear this year. They still don't have a great defense and are in a tough division, hence picking at 12.

13. New Orleans Saints- Kyle Van Noy- LB BYU- They need help in their new 3-4, especially after passing on Jarvis Jones last year. Van Noy is an extremely talented overall player.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Austin Seferian-Jenkins- TE Washington- A new toy for Freeman to work with, the Bucs are a very talented team that can just go BPA. ASJ is an elite prospect.

15. Dallas Cowboys- Anthony Johnson- DT LSU- To help the conversion to a Tampa-2 (Why Dallas??) they need more front 7 bodies. Johnson is a talented player at an area of need for Dallas.

16. Miami Dolphins- Will Sutton- DT Arizona State- Lucky for the Dolphins, they add yet another great pass rusher to go with Wake and Jordan. One of the scariest DLs in the league now.

17. Chicago Bears- Antonio Richardson- OT Tennessee- Not sold on Bushrod at LT. They take a true LT finally to protect Cutler.

18. Saint Louis Rams (via Washington)- HaHa Clinton-Dix- S Alabama- Adding to an already scary defense, Saint Louis takes a very good safety prospect out of Alabama.

19. Pittsburgh Steelers- Stephon Tuitt- DE Notre Dame- The Steelers need some youngsters in their front 7. Tuitt is a beast and should help Pittsburgh greatly.

20. New York Giants- Shane Skov- LB Stanford- The Giants need more LB talent. Skov should come in and help the Giants poor defense right away.

21. Minnesota Vikings- CJ Mosley- LB Alabama- Minnesota has a gaping hole at MLB, and they address it here. They are building a good defense there in Minnesota, and this will continue to help.

22. Saint Louis Rams- Timmy Jernigan- DT Florida State- Are you kidding me? The Rams stack their DL with 4, count em, FOUR first round picks. Just a ridiculously talented defensive line.

23. Baltimore Ravens- Zach Martin- OT Notre Dame- The Ravens don't have any young player who can play at LT. They need to protect Flacco if they want him to be worth that money.

24. Indianapolis Colts- Louchiez Purifoy- CB Florida- Picking at 24 again (the lucky number!) Indy helps it's defense by taking an extremely talented CB our of Florida on Purifoy. He will start opposite Vontae Davis with Toler and Butoer behind them to complete a strong CB corps.

25. Cincinnati Bengals- Brandon Coleman- WR Rutgers- A physical freak at WR, Coleman will play alongside AJ Green and give Dalton a ridiculous number of young, talented weapons.

26. Atlanta Falcons- Lache Seastrunk- RB Baylor- They could address the defense here, but the best back in the draft is hard to pass up here. Seastrunk is a very good prospect out of Baylor, and will make the Falcon's offense even scarier.

27. Houston Texans- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu- CB Oregon- While Jonathan Joseph was great last year, nobody else could be counted on. They desperately need someone other than Kareem Jackson opposite Joseph. Houston loves them some DBs.

28. Green Bay Packers- Colt Lyerla- TE Oregon- You're welcome, Rodgers. Colt is just a great weapon at TE, and can block decently as well. The Packers re-signed Jermichael Finley, but you have to wonder if he will still be around.

29. New England Patriots- Jordan Matthews- WR Vanderbilt- A physical, polished WR out of Vandy, the Patriots simply lack real outside WRs, although Dobson is a future star.

30. Seattle Seahawks- Ryan Shazier- LB Ohio State- The Seahawks have a need at OLB on defense, and that's about it. He will complete the Hawks elite defense. Seattle has everything it needs on offense at this point. A WR may also be a pick here, but Rice, Harvin, and Tate are a very good group.

31. Denver Broncos- Jackson Jeffcoat- DE Texas- Von can't do it himself. The new Doom comes in at a position of need for Denver, and could be a contributor right away.

32. San Francisco 49ers- Carrington Byndom- CB Texas- The Niners really only have a need at CB. Another guy there with Culliver is a must, as Rogers isn't that reliable anymore, especially with his age.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Matthews, Kyle Van Noy or ASJ would be better.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clevelad has gotta go QB if they pick that high

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wilson is seriously going to turn some heads in TC, Preseason, and potentially in the regular season too. I dont think we draft a QB that high. Much rather go Van Noy, Nix or ASJ.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of going RB in the first for ATL. We have good depth, and even if SJAX totally fails, we'll find a replacement in the later rounds. Gimme Jackson Jeffercoat, please.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, I won't be changing anything in this one but I'll certainly do my best to improve the next one.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I know nothing about the player, you are well informed of the Seahawks need Nobody. Well done Smile
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the bengals.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have signed Bushrod to a 5 year contract and he is here with the only Oline coach he has ever worked with in Aaron Kromer…I doubt we give up on him after one year altho I could see a guy like Richardson being brought in to play RT for a couple of years before moving over to the left side…

With the way the board is sitting Louchiez Purifoy would be a better pick.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Vikings, around where I think they'll pick, probably 5 picks either direction depending on Ponder and DB's, and MLB is definitely a huge need as Henderson can survive there for a year, but he isn't a long term option.

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Lyerla is certainly a good player with good upside, I am not sure he is the type we are looking for. Also if there is a LT that is close as a prospect I bet we take him. I could see is going Cornelius Lucas then CJ Fiedorowicz as a better combo.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Nix but picking top 15 means the Titans need a new QB. Much rather have Morris, Hundley, or Mariota.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Bears the CB from Florida. CB is our #1 need as of now. Our Oline is set.
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 star post

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the Watkins pick, but I like Watkins as a prospect.

Stevie and Woods are cemented as starters than we have high picks TJ Graham, Marquise Goodwin and UDFA Da'Rick Rogers and Brandon Kaufman with upside.

If im the Bills at that spot I'm looking Jake Matthews / Cyrus Kouadijo or even Louis Nix. Nix could anchor our 3/4 looks and Kyle Williams isn't getting younger. ASJ works as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: