Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A great read...enjoy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: A great read...enjoy. Reply with quote

I saw this and decided we could enjoy it. Here are some scouts' evaluations of our and other teams' players.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Get-to-know-your-2013-NFL-Draft-class.html

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
LTF

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, but isn't that Russ Lande's site? I haven't paid much attention to that place ever since Wes Bunting left. Not a fan of Lande at all.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to rain on the parade, but that is just a compilation of scouting reports that were available well before the draft. I already read a good bit of them awhile ago.

Not bad for those who dont know much about the players, though.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTF wrote:
Thanks for sharing, but isn't that Russ Lande's site? I haven't paid much attention to that place ever since Wes Bunting left. Not a fan of Lande at all.

I think so...I got it off a different site but didn't want to endorse them.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
MeanJoeGreen

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scouts seem to hate our first 2 picks.

edit: it is a pretty cool link though.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeanJoeGreen wrote:

Really?

Most Ive read have said Jones is a great fit for Pittsburgh, and most seem to like the Bell pick more than many Steeler fans did. Obviously there are SOME naysayers, but the only people Ive seen HATE the pick are some Steeler fans. As for Bell, Ive seen some call him a reach, and he was, but there is one way I look at it now...at least we didnt draft Montee Ball.

Cool
MeanJoeGreen

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
MeanJoeGreen wrote:

Really?

Most Ive read have said Jones is a great fit for Pittsburgh, and most seem to like the Bell pick more than many Steeler fans did. Obviously there are SOME naysayers, but the only people Ive seen HATE the pick are some Steeler fans. As for Bell, Ive seen some call him a reach, and he was, but there is one way I look at it now...at least we didnt draft Montee Ball.

Cool

I was talking about the scouts in his link. Not the general consensus of scouts in general. He says some nice things about Jones but then calls him one of the most disappointing players he graded.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he was also not a fan of the Ravens pick of Matt Elam. Apparently, he's not a starting safety...

I suppose we'll see about that.

The thing that I didn't like about his 'reports' are that too often, it was too opinionated. Like he would say, 'no way this guy escapes the top 30 picks'... I don't like that. I prefer it to just stick to the facts about a guy (background history) and his skillset breakdown.

I also disagree with his grade of Shamarko Thomas... that guy is going to be a beast in the league. Athletic, nice instincts, nice cover option for slot WRers, and a big hitter. Will be a TE mismatch, but pair him with either bigger LBers that can cover TEs or a bigger safety opposite him... and you've got a playmaker who isn't going to see his flaws ruin him so much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: