Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Return of Mookie: Titans Sign Antonio Johnson
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25130
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: The Return of Mookie: Titans Sign Antonio Johnson Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1m

The #Titans have signed defensive tackle Antonio Johnson to a one-year contract.

_________________

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1638
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans! I'm good with this signing. He's not an elite DT, but hopefully he can help plug up that middle.

Anybody know the status on John Abraham? That's the one I'm really waiting on.

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6818
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad he's back. He was good when he was here and can be a nice player in our rotation. Sammie Lee Hill, Casey, Martin, and Mookie. I'm good with that.
_________________


Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanSpiff


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 7995
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does this say for a guy like Karl Klug?
_________________



Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6818
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
What does this say for a guy like Karl Klug?


I don't see him sticking around. The coaching staff is clearly sticking to the "get bigger" mantra and Klug doesn't fit that. I think he will get picked up by someone. Maybe via a Titans connection in St. Louis or Detroit?
_________________


Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2382
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
What does this say for a guy like Karl Klug?


I could see him getting some snaps at DE. Especially if we don't sign Abraham or Freeney.
_________________

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23254
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok signing I guess. Nothing great and neither was Hill.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23254
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he's god-like when playing against Amano.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eUbIBiQgN2Y
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3738
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah...It is a reason he was still on the market in the middle of May. It's a 1 year deal so he might not stick thru final cuts. It is a move to add competition in OTAs and camp at the position IMO. We will see what he brings in the preseason.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23254
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
What does this say for a guy like Karl Klug?


Mike Keith seems to think he'll get time at DE this year.

D-Line consisting of.....

DT: Jurrell Casey, Sammie Lee Hill, Mike Martin, Antonio Johnson, DaJohn Harris, Zach Clayton
DE: Derrick Morgan, Kam Wimbley, Lavar Edwards, Scott Solomon, Keyunta Dawson, Thadeus Gibson
Tweeners: Karl Klug, Ropati Pitoitua, Stefan Charles(UDFA), Nigel Nicholas(UDFA)

Alot of competition in TC especially if we sign Abraham or another vet DE.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1638
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
What does this say for a guy like Karl Klug?


Mike Keith seems to think he'll get time at DE this year.

D-Line consisting of.....

DT: Jurrell Casey, Sammie Lee Hill, Mike Martin, Antonio Johnson, DaJohn Harris, Zach Clayton
DE: Derrick Morgan, Kam Wimbley, Lavar Edwards, Scott Solomon, Keyunta Dawson, Thadeus Gibson
Tweeners: Karl Klug, Ropati Pitoitua, Stefan Charles(UDFA), Nigel Nicholas(UDFA)

Alot of competition in TC especially if we sign Abraham or another vet DE.


Makes a lot of sense to me since he seems to be much better at pass rushing than he is at stopping the run. I'm interested to see how he does coming off the edges.
_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6110
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
What does this say for a guy like Karl Klug?


Mike Keith seems to think he'll get time at DE this year.

D-Line consisting of.....

DT: Jurrell Casey, Sammie Lee Hill, Mike Martin, Antonio Johnson, DaJohn Harris, Zach Clayton
DE: Derrick Morgan, Kam Wimbley, Lavar Edwards, Scott Solomon, Keyunta Dawson, Thadeus Gibson
Tweeners: Karl Klug, Ropati Pitoitua, Stefan Charles(UDFA), Nigel Nicholas(UDFA)

Alot of competition in TC especially if we sign Abraham or another vet DE.


Makes a lot of sense to me since he seems to be much better at pass rushing than he is at stopping the run. I'm interested to see how he does coming off the edges.


I'd expect to see him at DE with Ayers next to him in the hybrid 3-4 looks. Those two would just overwhelm that side of the line.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6818
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't know if he is fast enough to get pressure and sacks from the outside. The quality that makes him good on the inside is average at best from the outside.
_________________


Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6110
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
I just don't know if he is fast enough to get pressure and sacks from the outside. The quality that makes him good on the inside is average at best from the outside.


Put in the right position with a blitzing NB or LB he could definitely contribute sacks even if it isn't him making the tackle.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1638
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
I just don't know if he is fast enough to get pressure and sacks from the outside. The quality that makes him good on the inside is average at best from the outside.


Put in the right position with a blitzing NB or LB he could definitely contribute sacks even if it isn't him making the tackle.


Maybe they plan to come up with some all speed packages where it's pure pass rushing across the board. We definitely have the horses to pull something like that.

In the 4-3 we could have Ayers-Klug-Casey-Wimbley/Edwards with the option to blitz (Gooden/Brown)
In the 3-4 we could have Wimbley-Casey-Klug/Ayers with the option to blitz (Ayers if Klug is on the line/Brown/Pollard on a Safety blitz)

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group