Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Jaguars OTA(s) Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
No holdouts this year i presume?

I wouldn't object to Monroe trying to leverage the front office. But other than him, nobody has a legitimate reason to want to.
I don't think it would be a good idea for him to not show up with Joeckel on the roster.

I suppose, but without Monroe we are right back where we started

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Editorial/What-We-Learned-Week-Two-OTA-edition/0c78ed49-9c58-467f-bc82-9986367e70e6
Quote:
12. Still rising. It has been said before, but it continues to bear repeating. If there is a player who appears to be raising his game steadily and looking smoother and more professional each offseason, itís third-year wide receiver Cecil Shorts III. Donít pencil him into the Pro Bowl yet, but...
Very Happy

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Editorial/What-We-Learned-Week-Two-OTA-edition/0c78ed49-9c58-467f-bc82-9986367e70e6
Quote:
12. Still rising. It has been said before, but it continues to bear repeating. If there is a player who appears to be raising his game steadily and looking smoother and more professional each offseason, itís third-year wide receiver Cecil Shorts III. Donít pencil him into the Pro Bowl yet, but...
Very Happy

Please, please, please no more concussions Crying or Very sad

I hate the Jaguars
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Quote:
Very Happy

Please, please, please no more concussions Crying or Very sad

Who would have thought his biggest concern wasnt the QB but himself?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@APMarkLong
Jaguars QB passing numbers in 11 on 11: Gabbert 4 of 8 w/ TD & 2 sacks. Henne 6 of 9 w/ a near pick 6. Scott 4 of 7 w/ TD

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any idea on the difficulty of passes thrown by Gabbert?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I went to the mini camp today and both Henne and Gabbert looked bad. I mean they were over throwing WRs with no one sticking them. Henne was so bad today that people were saying he handed Gabbert the starting job. Matt Scott played so great especially in the 7 on 7's. He is emerging as the fan favorite, I know that they said Matt Scott wasn't included in the QB competition, but after today I believe they will changed their minds. Chad Henne played the worse, people were saying he will end up getting cut.

QB grades:
Henne: F-
Gabbert:D-
Scott:B
Kafka: C
Rodgers:DNP

"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Hey I went to the mini camp today and both Henne and Gabbert looked bad. I mean they were over throwing WRs with no one sticking them. Henne was so bad today that people were saying he handed Gabbert the starting job. Matt Scott played so great especially in the 7 on 7's. He is emerging as the fan favorite, I know that they said Matt Scott wasn't included in the QB competition, but after today I believe they will changed their minds. Chad Henne played the worse, people were saying he will end up getting cut.

QB grades:

Not that OTAs mean that much, but isnt a slight concern our QBs look so bad right now?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:

QB grades:

Link?

I hate the Jaguars
dswinton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
dswinton wrote:

QB grades:

Link?

I don't know how to post links but google Jedd Fisch you will see it.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
dswinton wrote:

QB grades:

Link?

I don't know how to post links but google Jedd Fisch you will see it.
That's not what he said. When asked if Scott could start, he said "Not today. Right now, Matt has been here for one rookie minicamp practice and has probably taken 10 plays. Matt Scott is being developed. Thereís no rush. Weíre not trying to push anything through. Weíre excited about his talent. Thatís kind of where weíre at with him."

No mention of him not being in the competition, but rather that he wasn't ready to start (as of May 29th).

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
dswinton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At mini camp today they had Henne and Gabbert working together with Scott and Kafka working together separate. While Henne and Gabbert was practicing read option plays Scott and Kafka was throwing slants, curls and vice versa. It wasn't until the last of practice when all QB's was together and that was when they were taking turns in 7 on 7's and which Matt Scott shined. Henne and Gabbert missed on so many post passes it wasn't even funny.

Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
At mini camp today they had Henne and Gabbert working together with Scott and Kafka working together separate. While Henne and Gabbert was practicing read option plays Scott and Kafka was throwing slants, curls and vice versa. It wasn't until the last of practice when all QB's was together and that was when they were taking turns in 7 on 7's and which Matt Scott shined. Henne and Gabbert missed on so many post passes it wasn't even funny.

This kinda thing sheds light on the matter though.

One QB (Scott) spent his whole day warming up throwing 'real passes'.

the other Two QBs (Gabbert, Henne) spent their whole day fiddling around with read option business they're not necessarily familiar and comfortable with, or particularly well suited to.

Bring it all together after and sure...Scott may look a little more polished on his passes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
dswinton wrote:

This kinda thing sheds light on the matter though.

One QB (Scott) spent his whole day warming up throwing 'real passes'.

the other Two QBs (Gabbert, Henne) spent their whole day fiddling around with read option business they're not necessarily familiar and comfortable with, or particularly well suited to.

Bring it all together after and sure...Scott may look a little more polished on his passes.

All QB's did the same thing just not together. It was like we want to key on Gabbert and Henne while Scott and Kafka was just getting reps.

green24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster.html

Denard's position Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: