Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats sign OL Tyronne Green; Cut DE Deadrick, claimed by Jags

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Pats sign OL Tyronne Green; Cut DE Deadrick, claimed by Jags Reply with quote

Quote:
Tyronne Green has agreed to terms with the New England Patriots

http://twitter.com/schwartzfeinsod/statuses/333939931980390400

Green started 13 games last season and total of 28 games out of 41 in his career, at age 27 he has a chance to compete for a starting job at RG.

***Update***
Quote:
Wow, the Patriots have released Brandon Deaderick.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/334046878939373568

***Update***
Quote:
DL Brandon Deaderick, who was waived by the Patriots yesterday, has been claimed by Jacksonville.

http://twitter.com/cpriceNFL/statuses/334415100268138500

***Update***
Quote:
Offensive lineman Tyronne Green's contract has been filed. It's for one year and $735,000. It doesn't include any guaranteed money.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/05/breaking_down_tyronne_greens_contract
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu May 16, 2013 11:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:

Tom Brady Tribute
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pats sign former Chargers starting OG Green; Cut DE Dead Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Green started 13 games last season and total of 28 games out of 41 in his career, at age 27 he has a chance to compete for a starting job at RG.

***Update***
Quote:

That's not going to be pretty. I've never seen a guy look less motivated when pulling than Green; most pulling guards look like a bull in a china shop looking for someone to knock over, Green was content to just meet his assignment and just sort of be there. Fair, but far from great pass-blocking if he's got a competent tackle playing next to him, but he's a guy who never really learned how to use his long arms to his advantage (seriously, Hal Hunter was a horrible OL coach when it came to actually honing technique) and I fear for him having to face bigger, stronger interior DL players.

Good luck, Cowboys fans.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Pats sign former Chargers starting OG Green; Cut DE Dead Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

***Update***
Quote:

That's not going to be pretty. I've never seen a guy look less motivated when pulling than Green; most pulling guards look like a bull in a china shop looking for someone to knock over, Green was content to just meet his assignment and just sort of be there. Fair, but far from great pass-blocking if he's got a competent tackle playing next to him, but he's a guy who never really learned how to use his long arms to his advantage (seriously, Hal Hunter was a horrible OL coach when it came to actually honing technique) and I fear for him having to face bigger, stronger interior DL players.

Good luck, Cowboys fans.

Confused Confused Confused

Dan Connolly is RG as of now and should be starting again, I don't think he's done anything to lose the job, but someone to push him a little more can't hurt.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know what to think of Green. He played next to the slop that is Clary so you have to take that Into account. As competition for a guard spot I think it's a good signing. He'll provide a good option as depth and he is probably average as a starter. I wonder what the numbers are.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I really don't know what to think of Green. He played next to the slop that is Clary so you have to take that Into account. As competition for a guard spot I think it's a good signing. He'll provide a good option as depth and he is probably average as a starter. I wonder what the numbers are.

He never played next to Clary, that was Vasquez. Green was only good with Gaither and quite poor without him.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Durandal1707

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a guy. Not a bad pick up for depth though. I doubt he starts unless one of the Pats' starting guards gets injured for an extended amount of time.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be something we don't know about Deaderick. He's 25 and a pretty solid player from what I've seen of him.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
There must be something we don't know about Deaderick. He's 25 and a pretty solid player from what I've seen of him.

He's a good backup 5-technique in a base 3-4. He's an OK stopgap starter for a few games.

In a 4-3 he is usesless. In any sub package he is useless (other than goal line).

He also is reportedly a little lazy (was suspended by the team for missing a meeting).

He doesn't fit what the Pats do these days on D and I'm guessing his off-season workout habits aren't the best. He'll latch on somewhere. He's probably going to bounce around the league as a backup/journeyman type.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:

He's a good backup 5-technique in a base 3-4. He's an OK stopgap starter for a few games.

In a 4-3 he is usesless. In any sub package he is useless (other than goal line).

He also is reportedly a little lazy (was suspended by the team for missing a meeting).

He doesn't fit what the Pats do these days on D and I'm guessing his off-season workout habits aren't the best. He'll latch on somewhere. He's probably going to bounce around the league as a backup/journeyman type.

Yeah he'll be a decent depth pick-up for any team newly transitioning to a 34. Colts wouldn't be a bad spot.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

He never played next to Clary, that was Vasquez. Green was only good with Gaither and quite poor without him.

You're right. I was mixing up the two. That being said Green is trash as a starter but solid depth. He actually replaced Dielman when Dielman retired and was terrible outside of a few games. He doesn't pull well at all. Again, he was next to utter incompetence so there is a chance he could be decent but I wouldn't sell out on him being more then mediocre.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
DL Brandon Deaderick, who was waived by the Patriots yesterday, has been claimed by Jacksonville.

http://twitter.com/cpriceNFL/statuses/334415100268138500
Tom Brady Tribute
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt sound like someone you really want on your team...but we have him

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Offensive lineman Tyronne Green's contract has been filed. It's for one year and $735,000. It doesn't include any guaranteed money.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/05/breaking_down_tyronne_greens_contract
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: