Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Gibbs returns to Broncos as OL Consultant

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Alex Gibbs returns to Broncos as OL Consultant Reply with quote

Interesting tidbit of news. Gibbs was a long-time Broncos OL coach and it's great to have him back. I'm guessing this means we will see more ZBS in the Broncos future.

This begs the question: Which of Moreno and McGahee is on the outs? It's believed the team will cut one of them loose with Ball and Hillman safely on the team.

Anyway, interesting addition, here's a link. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/12/alex-gibbs-returns-to-the-broncos-as-a-consultant/

Thanks, Tzimisce
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex Gibbs returns to Broncos as OL Consultant Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
This begs the question: Which of Moreno and McGahee is on the outs? It's believed the team will cut one of them loose with Ball and Hillman safely on the team.

Aren't they trade-able commodities? I know it's post-draft and all, but I would think they could get something for one of them. Or are their contracts too rich for another team to bite?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex Gibbs returns to Broncos as OL Consultant Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Aren't they trade-able commodities? I know it's post-draft and all, but I would think they could get something for one of them. Or are their contracts too rich for another team to bite?

McGahee at 2.5M, Knowshon at 1.7M

I think they would test the trade waters before an outright cut, but I expect one to be gone.

Thanks, Tzimisce
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex Gibbs returns to Broncos as OL Consultant Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
titanrick wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

McGahee at 2.5M, Knowshon at 1.7M

I think they would test the trade waters before an outright cut, but I expect one to be gone.

Thanks. I would guess Knowshon is the more attractive option for suitors because he's younger, has many fewer career carries and is cheaper. I get the feeling the Broncos would prefer to keep McGahee because he's better in pass protection which is a must if you're relying on an older QB with neck concerns.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing for them. Dude is an amazing coach. Super jealous right now.

R.I.P. Stylish
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that Moreno's sudden competence could disappear back to the mediocrity he was for the first few years of his contract. He didn't start performing until Bronco fans were calling him no show and calling for him to be cut.

Hillman is no slouch and I'd love to see one of the guys in front of him on the depth chart depart.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: