Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bleacher Report: Best/Worst Moves of Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Bleacher Report: Best/Worst Moves of Offseason Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1633444-every-nfl-teams-best-worst-offseason-acquisiton/page/32

Redskins Best: EJ Biggers. He can be an upgrade over DHall, this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard this this offseason, I hope they are right.

Worst: David Amerson. They say Amerson because he's the 4th best CB on our roster and we took him in round 2. While they have a good point, when you look at the contracts; both Wilson and Hall being up this year, it's good they drafted Amerson to develop. We definitely need a cb with his talent for the future.

If that's the worst move we've made this offseason, then I'm excited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's the 3rd best CB on our team? It certainly ain't Biggers.

At worst Amerson is the 3rd guy, imo. I think Wilson was too weak last year and I'm a big fan of Crawford on the outside. Still, its gotta be Hall, Wilson, then Amerson.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Who's the 3rd best CB on our team? It certainly ain't Biggers.

At worst Amerson is the 3rd guy, imo. I think Wilson was too weak last year and I'm a big fan of Crawford on the outside. Still, its gotta be Hall, Wilson, then Amerson.
Pro Football Focus has Biggers and Wilson better than Hall based off of their advanced stats. They say Biggers played well the second 1/2 of last year which usually leads to a player taking a jump in play the following year (meaning this year).

Wilson has his flaws as we all know, but he gave up less first downs, less touch downs, less receptions and less yards than Hall last year with the same safety play.

I still say there is a reason Hall had to come back here for less $$ than what Biggers was signed for and no one was interested is signing Hall but us, it seemed.

I get that the majority of Reskins fans like Hall, I just haven't been able to figure our why that is yet. Confused

Quote:
Washington brought Hall back for the 2013 season, but they will no longer rely on him as the teams starting left cornerback. Instead they signed former Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback E.J. Biggers. He is a younger, more consistent player who is entering the prime years of his career. As a member of the Bucs last year, Biggers garnered eight quality starts while intercepting one pass and registering a quarterback rating against of 93.1, according to Pro Football Focus (subscription required).

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/10/18/3521988/notes-from-a-d-hall-fan

Quote:
Today - 10-18-2012- Pro-Football focus noted some jaw-dropping statistics from DeAngelo Hall. When he has been targeted, opposing quarterbacks are completing 72% of their passes, for a QB rating of 94.3 They surmised that he was a terrible corner.

Listening to espn980 right now, "The Sports Fix" are killing him for these stats. They've apparently known for years that he can't cover..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleacher Report is still not a great sources to me cause its mostly because of Bloggers that dont do a lot of research. At least IMO.

They are looking at their current stats against each other and not taking into account the contracts and what not.

Amerson had a 2nd round grade on him for the longest time and for them to say that we are not going to coach him to be a starting CB after this season when DHall is probably let go for good, is absurd. They don't look into these things and they don't take the time to actually decipher the decisions of drafting a guy like Amerson that could potentially be a solid starter next season.

We needed secondary help and we drafted 3 top 100 secondary players.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is the perfect situation for hall, he gets to play the slot and jump routes. It was what he did well here when we signed him mid season after being cut but by the Raiders.
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Bleacher Report is still not a great sources to me cause its mostly because of Bloggers that dont do a lot of research. At least IMO.

They are looking at their current stats against each other and not taking into account the contracts and what not.

Amerson had a 2nd round grade on him for the longest time and for them to say that we are not going to coach him to be a starting CB after this season when DHall is probably let go for good, is absurd. They don't look into these things and they don't take the time to actually decipher the decisions of drafting a guy like Amerson that could potentially be a solid starter next season.

We needed secondary help and we drafted 3 top 100 secondary players.
while I agree about bleacher report, don't you think it's probably true that Amerson will end up as our #4 cb this year behind the 3 veterans?

I think in 2014 Amerson has a good chance to start if he develops well enough.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope Amerson can beat out one of the Vets for at least the 3rd string CB job being he was our first pick in the draft. Being drafted in the 2nd round at a position of high need IMO they should've drafted a guy who could come in and contribute right away.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
I would hope Amerson can beat out one of the Vets for at least the 3rd string CB job being he was our first pick in the draft. Being drafted in the 2nd round at a position of high need IMO they should've drafted a guy who could come in and contribute right away.
well it isn't really an indictment on Amerson and his ability, it's that our starting CBs from the last two seasons are returning and Biggers is seen as an upgrade over Cedric Griffin and possibly over Wilson and Hall if he continues to progress as he did towards the end of last season.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
well it isn't really an indictment on Amerson and his ability, it's that our starting CBs from the last two seasons are returning and Biggers is seen as an upgrade over Cedric Griffin and possibly over Wilson and Hall if he continues to progress as he did towards the end of last season.

Well Hall is one of the worst CB's in the league correct by ur standards right? So it should be easy for Amerson to beat him out?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Well Hall is one of the worst CB's in the league correct by ur standards right? So it should be easy for Amerson to beat him out?
I hope so but I'm not really betting on that to happen. No matter how bad Hall plays, he always seems to keep his starting job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: