Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Amy Trask Resigns
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Amy Trask Resigns Reply with quote

Amy Trask wrote:
“Earlier today, I informed Mark Davis of my decision to leave the Raiders,” Trask said via e-mail. “Having honored a commitment that I made to effectuate a smooth transition and transfer of control, I no longer wish to remain with the organization.
“For over a quarter of a century, it was my honor and my privilege to work for the Raiders. I will forever appreciate the opportunity afforded me by Al Davis.”

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/05/11/raiders-ceo-trask-resigns-today/#more-21541

This is interesting to me. The old guard is gone. I guess I always assumed that Trask would always have a job in the Raiders organization, even after Al retired. He was grooming her, they said. And, her words "I no longer wish to remain with the organization" says a lot.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not good, wonder what she does now.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't it been rumoured for a while she was being edged out? While it's probaly for the best of the team with the changes in front office it still has an uncomfortable feeling knowing everything of the old regime is gone.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. Time for a total turnover. And with a real front office she was probably having a lot of her duties taken or reassigned to other people.

She was pretty cool. I actually talked to her on a few occasions.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
That's not good, wonder what she does now.

Not good how? I really wouldn't say it's good or bad, because when you wonder what she does now you have to wonder what she did before.

Al had a role for her that only Al defined in his own mind. What's her role now in this organization? No idea, and I don't think anyone else did either. M. Davis looking for front office leadership over the past few months points to this. He's probably looking to restructure a horridly outdated organizational business-side system, just like McKenzie has been engaged in doing on the football side of things. Ask yourself, who in the organization has been spearheading the reformation of the business side that mirrors the changes in the football side? Noone that's who.. So it's time has been overdue. None of us really considered it involved Trask leaving, but now that it's come it makes more than perfect sense.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Holmgren coming in ?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reduced role in the office I guess.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the best for Amy Trask....

This just further shows how much the Raiders are changing. When a new GM comes in, so much changes. So many people are coming and going. Its a big deal.... And to do think, some teams fire GMs after only 4 years and have to redo the whole process again... Its very difficulty for those teams to ever win. I really hope Reggie McKenzie is the guy and he'll be here for a very long time.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what she did exactly...

Last edited by Darkness on Sun May 12, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been saying she's out for quite some time and I am quite comfortable with it as we can assume she had a non-traditional role like others close to Al, ie - John Herrera. ANYONE not fully on board with a complete remake of the organization (including relocation) should know their time is short.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I have been saying she's out for quite some time and I am quite comfortable with it as we can assume she had a non-traditional role like others close to Al, ie - John Herrera. ANYONE not fully on board with a complete remake of the organization (including relocation) should know their time is short.

I hope by relocation that you just mean to a different part of Oakland...

Bolansho Boro Begoz
Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I hope by relocation that you just mean to a different part of Oakland...

I hope he means to LA...

This is a difficult one to judge, really, seeing as nobody knows what Trask actually did.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was the best thing that ever happened to Raiders.
With all the crazy ideas AL Davis had, she was the one that made it possible. She's the one who beat the NFL in lawsuits not Al Davis.
She was a raider fan through and through, she even got married at the stadium before a game.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HueJax said they (Mark & McKenzie) were going to "gut" the organization and that is exactly what is happening. In all honesty the old heads were fiercely loyal to the old man and his processes. I'm sure we have all seen it in our respective workplaces. A new regime comes in but there are some vested employees who hold on to "this isn't how the old regime would have done this or that" With the death of the elder Davis this is the right thing to do at the right time as the way things are done is going to drastically change.
G

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I wish the best for Amy Trask....

This just further shows how much the Raiders are changing. When a new GM comes in, so much changes. So many people are coming and going. Its a big deal.... And to do think, some teams fire GMs after only 4 years and have to redo the whole process again... Its very difficulty for those teams to ever win. I really hope Reggie McKenzie is the guy and he'll be here for a very long time.

This post is dead on. I also wish her well, but the change is good for the long run. I'm wondering if Mark will sell the team anytime soon...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: