Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie mini camp tidbits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
I am more concerned about Williams with the initial reports of drops and issues route running.

I think that was one of the concerns of his coming out of college, as well. The good thing is we have plenty of depth at the position with Harris and Beasley, so it's not like we'll need him right away.

The positive thing is that it sounds like he's the kind of guy who will work hard to get better (making an effort to catch passes from the jug machine after practice) vs. someone who is going to just try and get by on talent alone.

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. That was his biggest issues in College. I think that is going to be the reason he will never be a #1. He will drop some easy ones that will make us leave points on the table.

I am less concerned about his route tree, he can expand on that. But I don't think the drops will ever be really fixed.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Yup. That was his biggest issues in College. I think that is going to be the reason he will never be a #1. He will drop some easy ones that will make us leave points on the table.

I am less concerned about his route tree, he can expand on that. But I don't think the drops will ever be really fixed.

T.O. managed a hell of a play making career with less then desirable hands. Not saying it isn't an issue, or trying to down play it at all. But may have to suffer some drops to get some huge plays. Guy caught a lot of TDs in his college career.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong. I am super jazzed about the pick. And I think he can really excel and is the PERFECT compliment to Dez. He just has flaws. Nothing wrong with that.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's Torrey Smith 2.0. The way he gets vertical is special. The rest of his game isn't to that level. But that makes him a pretty great compliment to Dez and our tight ends.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I think he's Torrey Smith 2.0. The way he gets vertical is special. The rest of his game isn't to that level. But that makes him a pretty great compliment to Dez and our tight ends.

Good comparison. Honestly the part I'm most excited for is to get Austin in the slot. I think he can do some of his best work out of the slot.

Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-season is a success if Garrett is no longer calling plays.

Quote:
In the rookie minicamp practices last weekend, from what I was able to observe, Callahan was calling the offensive plays during the team period while Garrett was directing the practice.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-Mailbag/Mailbag-What-Does-Frederick-Pick-Mean-For-Phil-Costa/38d30bb3-1fe2-4114-ae33-f233461dea4f

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:

Quote:
In the rookie minicamp practices last weekend, from what I was able to observe, Callahan was calling the offensive plays during the team period while Garrett was directing the practice.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-Mailbag/Mailbag-What-Does-Frederick-Pick-Mean-For-Phil-Costa/38d30bb3-1fe2-4114-ae33-f233461dea4f

Let's Garrett do what he does best and allows him to focus on the team as a whole, and I think we'll see a more balanced approach under Callahan if he is indeed allowed to call plays.

^^^mack
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Quote:

Let's Garrett do what he does best and allows him to focus on the team as a whole, and I think we'll see a more balanced approach under Callahan if he is indeed allowed to call plays.

My concern is if we are going ZBS or Man Power Blocking. I don't like the idea of trying to do both. The pick of Frederick is then a huge reach and a head scratcher if we are going ZBS because there were plenty of ZBS Centers to be had later and more athletic guards as well.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
My concern is if we are going ZBS or Man Power Blocking. I don't like the idea of trying to do both. The pick of Frederick is then a huge reach and a head scratcher if we are going ZBS because there were plenty of ZBS Centers to be had later and more athletic guards as well.

I think we're going to be running more MBS, with some ZBS stuff thrown in. Pretty sure I saw a quote somewhere stating something to that effect.

^^^mack
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

I think we're going to be running more MBS, with some ZBS stuff thrown in. Pretty sure I saw a quote somewhere stating something to that effect.

Just worried because both schemes take different kinds of players. Never against hybrid, but on the OL I'm just not sold. Hope the team sells me on it though.

Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cowboys DE Kyle Wilber has gained 12 pounds and now weighs 255.
Wilber is bulking up as he prepares to transition from 3-4 outside linebacker to 4-3 defensive end in the Cowboys' new defense. As he enters his second year, Wilber is currently the top backup behind Anthony Spencer and DeMarcus Ware.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7570/kyle-wilber

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: