Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie mini camp tidbits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Interviews with JJ Wilcox from: http://college2pro.com/index.php

Wilcox

Quote:
Would your style of play remind us of any players in the NFL?
"One of the favorite guys I admire is Sean Taylor, his aggressive nose for the ball, and his the physicality. A smaller Sean Taylor."

What are NFL teams going to like about what you bring to the next level?
"I think the honesty and reliability. Stuff like that shows your dependable, likely and friendly. All coaches want a team player, and I think that is one of my best characteristics."

Does anything goes unnoticed about your game?
"I donít think so, I give it all I got. I think the scouts realize that, and they appreciate that. What I canít do I can guarantee I can do it in the next game. I always try to capitalize on stuff like that."

Their scouting report on him:

Quote:
College2Pro Draft Analysis
Plays big. A Good hitter. Has better range than pure speed. Great effort and enthusiasm flies around the field and puts himself in the position to make plays. Both physical, and aggressive. Reserved with good leadership qualities. Very smart and competitive. Does everything you want safety to do at the next level. Always seems to be around the ball. Has all the tools to develop into an impact player.

The bold is one of my favorite things I've heard all offseason. It seems that this team has been marred by players not making adjustments on a game by game basis. It will be nice to see a player learn from his mistake and not let it happen again. I'm loving this guy so far.

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:

The bold is one of my favorite things I've heard all offseason. It seems that this team has been marred by players not making adjustments on a game by game basis. It will be nice to see a player learn from his mistake and not let it happen again. I'm loving this guy so far.

Seems to be the case with most of the guys Garrett has brought in, and Lee and Bryant from the 2010 class.

These guys want to win and will do whatever it takes to do it. They love football and practice at their craft all the time, always trying to get better.

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Seems to be the case with most of the guys Garrett has brought in, and Lee and Bryant from the 2010 class.

These guys want to win and will do whatever it takes to do it. They love football and practice at their craft all the time, always trying to get better.

So, what you are saying is that they are RKG's?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we all tap the brakes on the rookies until we actually see them in pads. No one ever won a SB in Shorts and a tee shirt.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Can we all tap the brakes on the rookies until we actually see them in pads. No one ever won a SB in Shorts and a tee shirt.

So...we can't say we love their attitudes?

^^^Deadpulse
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

They are saying what the media and fans want to hear. Plus this was basically a JOS this weekend anyways .

Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

They are saying what the media and fans want to hear. Plus this was basically a JOS this weekend anyways .

Ah, I see.

So, they're just giving lip-service and not being honest about how they really feel? Nice to know you're a mind reader.

^^^Deadpulse
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been here for a short time, but I feel like every time people start to get excited about anything, there's someone who comes in and kills all excitement. Is it wrong to get excited about your favorite team?
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a mind reader. Just a Psychic detective!

Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamEater53 wrote:
I've only been here for a short time, but I feel like every time people start to get excited about anything, there's someone who comes in and kills all excitement. Is it wrong to get excited about your favorite team?

Apparently so.

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong about being excited about the rookies. You just have to have realistic expectations about them. Early on, people were saying J.J. Wilcox would challenge for a starting spot. The truth of the matter is that he is a very raw player from a small school. That is pretty much the definition of a project. There is nothing wrong with being excited, but be realistic with your expectations.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
There is nothing wrong about being excited about the rookies. You just have to have realistic expectations about them. Early on, people were saying J.J. Wilcox would challenge for a starting spot. The truth of the matter is that he is a very raw player from a small school. That is pretty much the definition of a project. There is nothing wrong with being excited, but be realistic with your expectations.

Honestly, I didn't think he would start this year given his inexperience at the position - and I'm fine with that. I do love his attitude though and his willingness to lay the wood.

Depending on how Church is able to come back from his ACL injury, and how well Wilcox is able to harness his potential, I'd be more than happy with a future secondary of Wilcox and Johnson.

^^^Deadpulse
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Honestly, I didn't think he would start this year given his inexperience at the position - and I'm fine with that. I do love his attitude though and his willingness to lay the wood.

Depending on how Church is able to come back from his ACL injury, and how well Wilcox is able to harness his potential, I'd be more than happy with a future secondary of Wilcox and Johnson.

Church had a Torn Achilles which is harder to comeback from compared to an ACL, but just hope Johnson proves his worth this training camp.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Church had a Torn Achilles which is harder to comeback from compared to an ACL, but just hope Johnson proves his worth this training camp.

Y'know...you'd think being someone looking into get into the field of medicine, I'd be able to remember that there's a difference between the ACL and Achilles tendon, but for some reason I keep forgetting. Laughing

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Y'know...you'd think being someone looking into get into the field of medicine, I'd be able to remember that there's a difference between the ACL and Achilles tendon, but for some reason I keep forgetting. Laughing

No offense, but right now I'm kinda glad you weren't my physical therapist. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: