Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Also I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why everyone is confident that we are going to beat Blitzburgh?

You never know what you have in Pittsburgh. On paper they look like a team on the decline. They lost their home run hitter in Mike Wallace, leaving them with little experience across from Antonio Brown. They don't have much at TE either. They are going to rely on a rookie back to get their run game going in Le'Veon Bell. I don't see Pitt scoring much this year. Shouldn't be too hard.
I think their defense will dictate how good they can be this year. Pitts defense is streaky but they have the potential to be a Top 10 defense.

I think Minnesota's key to the season will be scoring. I'm confident the defense will limit opposing offenses. We have to come away with more points this season if we want to progress. With all the added talent, we need to improve our 3rd down conversion rate and score more TDs opposed to FGs. If we can get better in those areas, I think we can compete with anybody.

Well they have Big Ben. Regardless of how bad that offensive line has been over the years, he is the hardest non-mobile QB to sack.

Wallace will be missed, but they matched Sanders offer in the off season. I think he will be a solid #2. Vertical passing game is hurt though for sure.

I like Bell. It is as if he was made to play Steeler football. I like his smash mouth style of running. Where he will excel is the passing game. One of the surest hand in the RB class. They get David DeCastro back this year. Should also really help.

Miller lead the redzone in targets for tightends for weeks. He had 8 TDs and over 800 yards. How is he not much at tightend?

Also, as I've stated before, that defense lives and dies with Troy Polamalu. A completely different team. It will be early in the season, so I imagine he can stay healthy up threw week 4. Just look at what the Steelers defense did to RGIII without Troy even. Now this year they add Jarvi Jones to replace Harrison. Yeah I don't think they will miss a beat.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think that the Steelers will struggle to get 8 wins. They have been on a decline for two years now. Woodley was bad last year, there interior of the defense is getting up there in age, though Timmons is still excellent. As said, if Troy P plays they are a better team but even when healthy, he has been declining.

I just dont like anything about the Steelers defense right now. Maybe Jarvis Jones fills that void at OLB. I wasnt a fan of his on draft day, so i have doubts.

Offensively, losing Wallace will hurt. I dont think Sanders is that type of WR to take the top off the defense. Looks like an Antonio Brown type if anything. Heath Miller is still solid. Oline looks better compared to in years past.

Big Ben is steady though, and a chore to defend. He extends play, so the DBs will have to be disciplined and not break assignments. I dont think the Steelers are what they were a few years ago, they dont really pose anymore of a threat to me then teams like Dallas, Cincinnati, Washington, id put Pitt in that group. Solid to above average teams.

Though Washington and Carolina scare the hell out of me given that they have mobile options at Qb. Even if the game is in MN, MN needs to find an answer to stop those two.
twslhs20

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:

He was our best CB last season.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=CB

Winfield in 2012 at 35 years old =/= Winfield in 2013 at 36 years old.

wut....

see on previous page.

Quote:
Quote:
Jennings is legit. Patterson is a complete project so to say hes going to be 10x better than who we currently have is pretty wishful thinking.

Patterson only needs to be better than Michael Jenkins (449 yards, 2 TDs) and Devin Aromashodu (182 yards, 0 TDs). That shouldn't be hard at all. They were both awful last year.

I attribute this argument to a similar one I had in NFL Gen.

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
^^^ Do people forget the Skins also didn't Orakpo and Carriker for a majority of last season. Kerrigan is also showing flashes of an up and coming rusher. Skins will make waves this season.

As well as Fred Davis and a healthy Garcon. Finally getting a real safety in Brandon Merriweather won't hurt either.

The same Mariweather that gets burned up more than Corey Webster?

Have you ever seen Madeiu Williams and Reed Doughty in coverage? Laughing

So you agree he isn't much of an upgrade.

Again, have you ever seen Madeiu Williams and Reed Doughty in coverage? Vince Wilfork playing safety would be an upgrade. In fact, he has just as many career interceptions as Doughty with 2. Laughing

So yeah take that for what you will.

Quote:
Quote:

Rhoads is going to be a stud IMO. He will be our best CB by years end. Still very hard to replace 26.

Yes, but replacing Winfield was an inevitable thing. He was already declining and he's only getting older. Even Winfield at 36 years old wouldn't be able to replace Winfield at 35.

Again. See previous page for my explanation on Winny.

Quote:
Quote:

Robinson in the slot is going to get burned up more than Madieu Williams.

Not sold on Cook yet. Tends to get beat by faster guys. Really looking for Jefferson to step up and play the slot. I'd feel better with that. Safety's are going to have their work cut out for them.

Not much to say other than that I disagree with pretty much all of this.

K.

Quote:
Quote:
Field position wins us games. Punters are weapons too!

And we just (almost certainly) got a better one! You should be happy.

He isn't better until he has played a few actual games. We don't know what we have yet.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Krauser

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be making too much of one analysis of CB performance. There are no easy metrics to grade CBs on. Sites like Football Outsiders, Pro Football Focus and Advanced NFL Stats rely on film analysis, and that's definitely subjective.

The numbers you link to rank Cook 92nd in the league based on "+WPA", which is defined in their glossary as:
Quote:
Positive Win Probability Added (+WPA) – The Win Probability Added attributed to a defensive player, limited to only the plays that are net positives for his team. It is a measure of a defender’s impact on the outcome of games in terms of play-making ability. Only positive plays are considered for individual defenders because very good individual plays can still result in net losses in WPA. For example, a safety who makes a shoe-string tackle to stop a TD would be a great individual play, but the play as a whole would still be a net negative outcome for his team. However, overall individual WPA likely correlates well with +WPA.

That's not exactly transparent. As I read that, they're giving points for passes defended, interceptions and tackles, but not for coverage that makes a QB target a different receiver. Cook was close to a shutdown corner at his best last year, players as talented as Megatron and Andre Johnson were hardly targeted because of his coverage. But that's not "play making" so I don't think it shows up in the stats.

Pro Football Focus has a different metric for CBs, "yards per coverage snap", which I think is more straightforward. On that stat, Cook ties for 12th and Winfield ties for 10th in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/31/signature-stats-ypcs-cornerbacks/

In that article they say Cook and Winfield were hardly ever on the field together, but they actually played the first 9 games (during which our pass defense was pretty good, except for the RG3 debacle) and the Texans game (great) and first half of the last game against Green Bay.

Cook is actually the #1 CB. He's had bad luck with injuries but I don't think you can expect him to break his arm again. Ideally Rhodes will be even better, but probably not the first year.

It's not like PFF underrates Winfield. They have him as the best CB in the league, though most of his benefit is in run support. His coverage grade is only 25% as positive as Richard Sherman's. But he was amazing against the run (and I think should get most of the credit of our D's success against the run last year, the front 4 and LBs were relatively suspect).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/28/antoine-winfield-pffs-no-1-cornerback/

Don't think there's any disputing that losing Winfield probably hurts our team this year. But it's open to question how long he'll be able to sustain that level of play. Charles Woodson was dominant in a similar nickel CB position in the slot a few years ago and now he's unemployed.

The other point is about his salary. It's no exaggeration to say we couldn't have re-signed Loadholt and signed Jennings without cutting Winfield's $7 million. Replacing Loadholt in the draft would've meant trading up for DJ Fluker (taken in the top 12), and would've crippled the strength of our team, the rushing game. Not signing Jennings would've meant the WRs would be even more uncertain than they are now.

They had to make a tough choice in letting Winfield go. It would've been great to keep him. But this is the business.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings dont really have a #1 or #2 CB. They play sides and dont follow the #1 WR. A #1 WR typically lines up to the right of the QB, having to face the LCB. In 2011, Cook played a lot on the Left Side. This past year, he played on the Right Side a lot.

I fully expect for Rhodes to be the staring LCB with Cook at RCB.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs...I'm not sure where some of this is coming from but what makes you think Robinson will be so bad in the slot?? He has more speed and quickness than a 36 year old Winfield has. Why he is being compared to Madieu Williams I have no clue. Also with him being a smaller corner...he is better suited in the slot.

Also, everyone always says how raw Patterson is but I truly believe his athleticism alone is what's going to make him a good WR. How many 6'2 200+ lbs WR's can move like him? Just like they said on ESPN...you dont have to be a unbelievable route runner when you have #28 in the backfield and teams are stacking the box. I will take Patterson over many NFL corners in a 1 on 1 matchup any day. Plus he will be learning from one of the better route runners in the league in Greg Jennings.

I really think this team is better than last years. Adding 3 first rounders and Jennings and losing an aging Winfield and a cry baby in Harvin. Outside of that you have Ponder with another year under his belt plus he has some weapons now. We lost nobody on our O-line, have the best RB in the league, and a pro bowl TE.

Defensively, our LB's are questionable but I would rather have the LB's we have now rather than what we had last year. Our defensive backs are very good and we might have the best front 4 in the league. So if you want to get hung up on an unproven punter than be my guest. I say we go 11-5 this year. If our schedule wasnt as hard I could see 13-3 or 12-4

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, last year, I picked the Vikes to finish 7-9 or 8-8, and I part of my reasoning was "facing rookie QBs and 2nd year QBs." The Vikes literally struggled out of the gate, barely beating the Jags, losing to a completely rebuilt Colts team (who at the time, no one gave credit to), and then walloping the vaunted 49ers. Flipping all that around, the Vikes beat teams we didn't expect and they lost to teams most of us figured they'd beat.

I'm glad they play the game to prove us all wrong! Laughing

This year the Vikes are potentially dangerous; however, like every year, one or two injuries and this team is destined to the dumps. If Ponder gets hurt, do I think the vikes lose substantially more games? No.

But if Kalil, Harrison Smith, Greenway or Adrian are lost for the year due to injury, this team could be facing several more loses than I hope they achieve.

That said, here's the way I see it today:

Week 1 - AT Detroit - Win
- It's early in the season with a developing offensive line, and the Lions no longer have Jason Hanson.

Week 2 - AT Chicago - Loss
- This team has vastly improved its offense with the O-line upgrades, having Cutler, Forte, Marshall, Jefferies and and adding Wilson to the WR corps. This could be a really tough team -- unless their defense has fallen into an abyss.

Week 3 - VS Cleveland - Win

Week 4 - VS Pittsburgh - Loss
- I'm torn on this game, as Adrian has some of his best performances against 3-4 teams. However, Big Ben should have a better O-line this year, and with a better running game and a reloaded D, they'll be hard to beat.

Week 5 - Bye

Week 6 - VS Carolina - Win
- Not enough weapons around Cam yet, but that D could be a challenge.

Week 7 - AT New York Giants - Win
- I think the Vikes put up a great game here and the D-Line makes a statement.

Week 8 - VS Green Bay - Win
- At home, last time in the Dome. Gotta take this one with style.

Week 9 - AT Dallas - Loss
- As much as this is a winnable game, I think they have a let down after getting the GB monkey off their backs.

Week 10 - VS Washington - Win
- I like this one in the Dome. As much as I wish RG III the same recovery as Adrian, I don't wish him the same success Wink

Week 11 - AT Seattle - Loss

Week 12 - AT Green Bay - Loss

Week 13 - VS Chicago - Win
- Revenge game.

Week 14 - AT Baltimore - Lose

Week 15 - VS Philadelphia - Win
- The Vikes should be able to take advantage of a disoriented Philly team. The players won't make the adjustment to Chip Kelly like everyone thinks.

Week 16 - AT Cincinnati - Loss
- Very tough game this late in the year at Cincy.

Week 17 - VS Detroit - Win

I have the Vikes finishing 9-7, which would likely prevent them from getting a wild card.

I do believe the team has the ability and pieces to go 5-1 in the Division, but that's a tall order. IF they do that, their confidence will be sky-high and they'll finish upwards of 11-5 or 12-4.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept. 8 at Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
- Christian Ponder is so terrible, he can't even beat the Lions.

Sept. 15 at Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
- We traded up in the draft for a Wide Receiver instead of taking lesser talents with our third and fourth round picks. We'll miss that mediocrity against the Bears.

Sept. 22 vs. Cleveland Browns, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Brandon Weeden > Christian Ponder

Sept. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London), 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
This one should be close, but Spielman decided not to stay put and draft Markus Wheaton. Cordarrelle Patterson can't catch with his hands. Nuff said.

Bye Week - LOSS
Christian Ponder < Bye Week QB

Oct. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Percy Harvin uses his Jedi Mind Trick to jinx Cordarrelle Patterson into dropping every ball. Shouldn't have traded him, even if he would've held out.

Oct. 21 at New York Giants (Mon), 8:40 p.m. - LOSS
Christian Ponder doesn't have the arm strength to beat the Giants.

Oct. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m. - LOSS
Greg Jennings throws the game because he hates Ponder so much.

Nov. 3 at Dallas Cowboys, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Ponder gets tips from Romo...still screws up...plus we drafted Matt Kalil over Morris Claiborne. Totally effed.

Nov. 7 vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs), 8:25 p.m. - LOSS
We didn't blow our draft to get Robert Griffin III. You can't win without Robert Griffin III.

Nov. 17, at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. - LOSS
Percy and Antoine get their revenge. The Vikings don't even play. They just cry on the sidelines as Percy and 'Toine show off the Seattle uniforms that are so much better than ours.

Nov. 24 at Green Bay Packers. 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Still reeling from last weeks defeat, the Vikings wet their pants as Aaron Rodgers throws warm up passes. Antoine Winfield would have made all the difference.

Dec. 1 vs. Chicago Bears. 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Christian Ponder gets distracted by his wife. Arm Strength -10. Jay Cutler smokes and blows it in Jared Allen's face. If only we had traded him in the offseason.

Dec. 8 at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Arthur Brown beats up Adrian Peterson in the airport because we didn't stay put and draft him. Damn you Spielman!!!

Dec. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Could've drafted a third string LB or Guard in the 5th round. Locke only averages 49 yards per punt. Clearly should have drafted that Guard. Would've made the difference in this one. Ponder sucks too.

Dec. 22 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Should have drafted Andy Dalton instead of Ponder. He would have made Michael Jenkins and Devin Aromashadu look like AJ Green.

Dec. 29 Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Leslie Frazier and Rick Spielman suck. Never going to win anything. 10-6 was a fluke. Christian Ponder is still on the team, they trade up in the draft (which has never, ever worked for them), they took a Left Tackle last year, and they had the nerve to sign only one top level Free Agent. If they played Madden, they'd know that players ALWAYS agree to restructure their contracts and that rookie 5th round picks are ALWAYS upgrades over the players currently on the roster.
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the 4 preseason losses, the time the Metrodome roof collapses because the fans boo too hard, and the discovery that Patterson, Rhodes and Floyd all turn out to have imaginary girlfriends.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
You forgot the 4 preseason losses, the time the Metrodome roof collapses because the fans boo too hard, and the discovery that Patterson, Rhodes and Floyd all turn out to have imaginary girlfriends.

I forgot all about the imaginary girlfriends! CURSE!!! We won't win another game until Manti Te'o hits free agency, becomes a Viking, and marries Christian Ponder's wife!!!
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Sept. 8 at Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
- Christian Ponder is so terrible, he can't even beat the Lions.

Sept. 15 at Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
- We traded up in the draft for a Wide Receiver instead of taking lesser talents with our third and fourth round picks. We'll miss that mediocrity against the Bears.

Sept. 22 vs. Cleveland Browns, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Brandon Weeden > Christian Ponder

Sept. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London), 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
This one should be close, but Spielman decided not to stay put and draft Markus Wheaton. Cordarrelle Patterson can't catch with his hands. Nuff said.

Bye Week - LOSS
Christian Ponder < Bye Week QB

Oct. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Percy Harvin uses his Jedi Mind Trick to jinx Cordarrelle Patterson into dropping every ball. Shouldn't have traded him, even if he would've held out.

Oct. 21 at New York Giants (Mon), 8:40 p.m. - LOSS
Christian Ponder doesn't have the arm strength to beat the Giants.

Oct. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m. - LOSS
Greg Jennings throws the game because he hates Ponder so much.

Nov. 3 at Dallas Cowboys, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Ponder gets tips from Romo...still screws up...plus we drafted Matt Kalil over Morris Claiborne. Totally effed.

Nov. 7 vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs), 8:25 p.m. - LOSS
We didn't blow our draft to get Robert Griffin III. You can't win without Robert Griffin III.

Nov. 17, at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. - LOSS
Percy and Antoine get their revenge. The Vikings don't even play. They just cry on the sidelines as Percy and 'Toine show off the Seattle uniforms that are so much better than ours.

Nov. 24 at Green Bay Packers. 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Still reeling from last weeks defeat, the Vikings wet their pants as Aaron Rodgers throws warm up passes. Antoine Winfield would have made all the difference.

Dec. 1 vs. Chicago Bears. 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Christian Ponder gets distracted by his wife. Arm Strength -10. Jay Cutler smokes and blows it in Jared Allen's face. If only we had traded him in the offseason.

Dec. 8 at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Arthur Brown beats up Adrian Peterson in the airport because we didn't stay put and draft him. Damn you Spielman!!!

Dec. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Could've drafted a third string LB or Guard in the 5th round. Locke only averages 49 yards per punt. Clearly should have drafted that Guard. Would've made the difference in this one. Ponder sucks too.

Dec. 22 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Should have drafted Andy Dalton instead of Ponder. He would have made Michael Jenkins and Devin Aromashadu look like AJ Green.

Dec. 29 Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Leslie Frazier and Rick Spielman suck. Never going to win anything. 10-6 was a fluke. Christian Ponder is still on the team, they trade up in the draft (which has never, ever worked for them), they took a Left Tackle last year, and they had the nerve to sign only one top level Free Agent. If they played Madden, they'd know that players ALWAYS agree to restructure their contracts and that rookie 5th round picks are ALWAYS upgrades over the players currently on the roster.

This is what being a Vikings fan is all about! POSITIVITY! I love it! It really hurt me to read it though. I secretly want our team to win every game. Embarassed Laughing
BrotherShine

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Wins/Loss Reply with quote

7-9 is my prediction for our squad. Ultimately this will be a make it or break it type season for Christian Ponder in his 3rd season. With a top 5 O-Line and a defensive that will create turnovers...And oh yea, AP, Ponder will struggle in my opinion. 3 games last year throwing under 90 yards (1 vs the Cardinals) continues this season as he doesn't show the consistency for Rick to go through with him in the future.

Wk 1. Contrary to most I think we open the first 4 games 1-3. The Lions have something to prove after a horrid season and they're at home. LOSS

Wk 2. Bears are rolling with a new revamped O-Line and i think Cutler will have a big game. LOSS

Wk 3. I like us to bounce back vs. the Browns. First home game of the season. WIN

Wk 4. Yes Pittsburgh was nothing special last season, but this is just a feeling. On the road, I like the steelers. LOSS

BYE WEEK

Wk 6. I think the bye week changes things positively for the vikings and we take care of the Panthers, but Cam will have a monster game. WIN

Wk 7. I like us to go on a 2 game win streak. I think we play the Giants well as we have in the past and get the W. WIN

Wk 8. Packers come to town and beat us by a good 20 points. I think they're offense is more complete with their RBs and we have a tough time with A-Rod. LOSS

Wk 9. Cowboys are just wack to me lol. A lot of talent, no leadership. AP goes for 175 and 2 tds. WIN

Wk 10. Redskins on primetime Thursday night. We're not a primetime team. RG3 comes in to our house and dominates. LOSS

Wk 11. Seattle has the best home field, arguably best defense. Christian will struggle. I think after this game we'll find out if he can really be our guy of the future. LOSS

Wk 12. After a tough loss to Seattle we go to Green Bay where it doesn't get any easier. Another L and the vikings go 4-7. LOSS

Wk 13. Revenge takes place at home on the Bears and AP does his usual damage to this squad. WIN

Wk 14. Baltimore is a new team with the losses/acquisitions however they handle our defense with ease as Flacco goes for 300 and 3 tds. LOSS

Wk 15. Philly will have a high octane offense, but that defense will still be bad. AP will shred it and take us to a w at home. WIN

Wk 16. Bengals will be fighting for the top spot in the AFC North and their defense is no joke. Vikes take another road loss in December. LOSS

Wk 17. A loss could put us in good position for drafting, but we have to much pride for that, especially at home. We win, and the question becomes who is the future QB? WIN
twslhs20

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
twslhs...I'm not sure where some of this is coming from but what makes you think Robinson will be so bad in the slot?? He has more speed and quickness than a 36 year old Winfield has. Why he is being compared to Madieu Williams I have no clue. Also with him being a smaller corner...he is better suited in the slot.

Also, everyone always says how raw Patterson is but I truly believe his athleticism alone is what's going to make him a good WR. How many 6'2 200+ lbs WR's can move like him? Just like they said on ESPN...you dont have to be a unbelievable route runner when you have #28 in the backfield and teams are stacking the box. I will take Patterson over many NFL corners in a 1 on 1 matchup any day. Plus he will be learning from one of the better route runners in the league in Greg Jennings.

I really think this team is better than last years. Adding 3 first rounders and Jennings and losing an aging Winfield and a cry baby in Harvin. Outside of that you have Ponder with another year under his belt plus he has some weapons now. We lost nobody on our O-line, have the best RB in the league, and a pro bowl TE.

Defensively, our LB's are questionable but I would rather have the LB's we have now rather than what we had last year. Our defensive backs are very good and we might have the best front 4 in the league. So if you want to get hung up on an unproven punter than be my guest. I say we go 11-5 this year. If our schedule wasnt as hard I could see 13-3 or 12-4

I bought NFL Rewind out of boredom. So far Robinson was burned by Blackmon, and if Gabbert was half way decent at recognizing coverages who have given up a for sure TD to Laurent Robinson.

Going to do some evaluating over the next couple weeks. Should be fun

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Wins/Loss Reply with quote

BrotherShine wrote:
3 games last year throwing under 90 yards (1 vs the Cardinals)

Is listing the Cardinals supposed to help your argument or hurt it? You do realize the Cards have a very good defense, right?
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

I bought NFL Rewind out of boredom. So far Robinson was burned by Blackmon, and if Gabbert was half way decent at recognizing coverages who have given up a for sure TD to Laurent Robinson.

Going to do some evaluating over the next couple weeks. Should be fun

So you're going to judge Robinson on his first career game in the NFL? Of course he will struggle here and there....I didnt say the guy was a shut down corner. It was his first year in the league. He had two INTS against good teams and showed some decent coverage ability as a first year playing. Not sure why you're targeting this guy so much but like I said before....Im not worried having Robinson in the slot at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: