Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:
19-0... DUH!
Any other answer is blasphemy.

might as well throw in the pre-season wins too, ya know.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing a ceiling of 11-5 and a floor of 8-8.

Since its so hard to predict upsets, i wont bother going game by game, but i think 8-8 to 11-5 is reasonable. MN is a hard team to judge at this point and we shouldnt expect progression, since teams dont always progress from year to year.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

Sept. 8 at Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m.
It's not ideal to play Week 1 on the road, but this is definitely a winnable game. WIN (1-0, 1-0)

Sept. 15 at Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m.
Normally, I would count this as a loss because it's on the road, but it's early enough in the season that Chicago will still be learning the new offense and adjusting to life without Urlacher. WIN (2-0, 2-0)

Sept. 22 vs. Cleveland Browns, 1:00 p.m.
We are going to be fired up for our home opener. Should be an easy win. WIN (3-0, 2-0)

Sept. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London), 1:00 p.m.
I consider this a toss-up game, mostly for the travel factor. It will be a physical matchup, but I think it could be similar to the 49ers game in 2012. WIN (4-0, 2-0)

Oct. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m.
This could be a tougher game than we might think, mostly because of the read-option. Ultimately, I think we pull it out though because it's at home. WIN (5-0, 2-0)

Oct. 21 at New York Giants (Mon), 8:40 p.m.
Now we enter the toughest stretch of our schedule, and have our first loss of the season. LOSS (5-1, 2-0)

Oct. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m.
Once again, we will be fired up for primetime. This game will go down to the wire, with Ponder throwing the go-ahead touchdown pass to Greg Jennings. WIN (6-1, 3-0)

Nov. 3 at Dallas Cowboys, 1:00 p.m.
Jerry's World doesn't intimidate me. WIN (7-1, 3-0)

Nov. 7 vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs), 8:25 p.m.
I'd like to think we will win this one, but I think we fall flat in the short week. LOSS (7-2, 3-0)

Nov. 17, at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m.
Even with the extra three days to prepare, I think we will struggle once again in the Pacific Northwest. LOSS (7-3, 3-0)

Nov. 24 at Green Bay Packers. 1:00 p.m.
The Packers will be out for revenge after the loss earlier in the season. LOSS (7-4, 3-1)

Dec. 1 vs. Chicago Bears. 1:00 p.m.
Jay Cutler can't win in the dome. WIN (8-4, 4-1)

Dec. 8 at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 p.m.
They're still the Super Bowl champs, and seem to have reloaded. LOSS (8-5, 4-1)

Dec. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m.
Chip Kelly needs another year. WIN (9-5, 4-1)

Dec. 22 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m.
Shut down AJ Green, shut down their offense. WIN (10-5, 4-1)

Dec. 29 Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m.
End the season on a high note. WIN (11-5, 5-1)
HighHopes

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Tws hates the vikings basically Wink

let's not do this. everyone is entitled to their opinion, without being joked about afterward.

Meh, don't make it sound like such a big deal. It was a joke with no serious intent behind it.

Anyway, I actually agree with both 6-10 and 10-6. Just depends on how Ponder looks in the first 4 games.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Sept. 8 at Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m. - WIN
Sept. 15 at Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Sept. 22 vs. Cleveland Browns, 1:00 p.m. - WIN
Sept. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London), 1:00 p.m. - Loss
Bye Week
Oct. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m. - Loss
Oct. 21 at New York Giants (Mon), 8:40 p.m. - LOSS
Oct. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m. - LOSS
Nov. 3 at Dallas Cowboys, 1:00 p.m. - WIN
Nov. 7 vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs), 8:25 p.m. - Loss
Nov. 17, at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. - LOSS
Nov. 24 at Green Bay Packers. 1:00 p.m. - WIN
Dec. 1 vs. Chicago Bears. 1:00 p.m. - Loss
Dec. 8 at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Dec. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m. - Win
Dec. 22 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m. - LOSS
Dec. 29 Detroit Lions, 1:00 p.m. - WIN

OVERALL: 6-10 is what i think

Wow I see you have a lot of confidence in your team. Losing at home vs Carolina??? Really??

You must be new, Tws hates the vikings basically Wink

I'll do my best to explain my logic on my prediction.

I was sleeping on Carolina too. I saw this posted in NFL Gen and it got me thinking.

iknowcool wrote:
Quote:
Four teams finished with an offense and defense ranked in the Top 12 -- the Broncos, Texans, 49ers ... and Carolina Panthers. Go figure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167983/article/saints-top-list-of-sub500-teams-with-best-playoff-shot

Now, I know we beat a very good SF team. Yet, that team was headed by Smith at the time. Now I don't think Kap is a true NFL QB. People will figure out that read option and stop it. However we seem to have real trouble with very athletic/mobile QBs. See RGII. I can't say for certain the outcome would be different facing Kap. He tied the rams! Laughing Newton had a regression year that a lot of people predicted. I feel he could come back really strong and make some noise for Carolina this season. That defense is also very underrated.

I don't foresee a regression year for RGII though if he is 100%. The guy is going to keep getting better and making more plays. I felt like the Pitt Defense exposed him a bit last season, and he was able to grow/learn from that game.

I think the swing games come from Dallas, Philly, Chi Town Twice, and Detroit twice.

Dallas is either going to fall flat, or Romo is going to go off. I hated theirs and Chicago draft. That offense line is awful, and they have next to no run game. However I think Austin, Bryant, and Whittin could be enough in the air to take over games offensively. Their secondary should be improved with Claiborn and Carr having a year to work together, and Ware and Sean Lee doing what they do. It's up to Garrett and Romo to work with what they have to compete in a tough NFC East. I don't like Garrett as a HC either.

Philly is a mess. Any other coach other than Kelly I'd chalk it up as a sure loss. Kelly intrigues me with what hes done in Oregon. With his version of the spread option, it takes the best traits of Mike Vick uses them. He has lost a step. However that is a lot of speed in the backfield with him and Shady. Especially with Jackson bubble screens. Defense need to come together. I think they will have to score a lot of points to keep up in games.

Chicago is always tough. I have us splitting with them. They can't protect Cutty at all. They will get Jefferys back. He should see a lot of single coverage with B.Marsh on the opposite side. Long was a reach, and I think its a bad fit. Good news for us. Forte is still a boss. That defense will be different without Urlacher. Bostic should to a fine job filling in though. HC will keep them the same, or drop them to top 10 pick status

Finally the Lions. I have us sweep them again. However, this team is the only team outside of the Packers that scares the crap out of me. They pick up Bush for the run game. He is also a above average pass catcher of the the backfield. A safety net Safford desperately needed. No Wr help outside of Burlson. If you can call him help. Though they don't need anyone other than CJ. Ansah is going to see a klot of 1 on 1s on that line. That line could rally hid the secondary's deficiencies. Warrford was another prospect I really liked. Could really help get that run game going. Schwartz is my favorite coach in the division outside of McCarthy. He will find away to get every ounce of talent out of this very talented front 4.

A question I have, is why is everyone Picking us to beat Pitt. Was Troy Polamalu traded? Did I miss a memo of a torn ACL? Because if that dude is healthy that defense is top 5. And on a neutral field? That's practically game over.

So I probably went low base on what we have, and Ponder at QB. I think our ceiling is 9-7

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Detroit Lions W
@ Chicago Bears W
vs. Cleveland Browns W
vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London) W
Bye Week
vs. Carolina Panthers W
@ New York Giants (Mon) L
vs. Green Bay Packers W
@ Dallas Cowboys L
vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs) W
@ Seattle Seahawks L
@ Green Bay Packers L
vs. Chicago Bears W
@ Baltimore Ravens L
vs. Philadelphia Eagles W
@ Cincinnati Bengals L
vs. Detroit Lions W

Overall 10-6

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2013 NFL season is still four months away, but Las Vegas bookmakers have already determined that the Minnesota Vikings are decided underdogs. Cantor Gaming, which operates seven sports books in the nation's gambling capital, has issued pointspreads for the first 16 weeks of the upcoming season. And they have the Vikings favored in only five of their first 15 games:

Week 1: Vikings are 2-1/2-point underdogs at Lions.
Week 2: Vikings are 2-1/2-point underdogs at Bears.
Week 3: Vikings are 6-1/2-point favorites vs. Browns.
Week 4: Vikings are 1-1/2-point underdogs vs. Steelers (in London).

Week 5: Vikings bye week.

Week 6: Vikings are 2-1/2-point favorites vs. Panthers.
Week 7: Vikings are 3-point underdogs at Giants.
Week 8: Vikings are 1-point underdogs vs. Packers.
Week 9: Vikings are 1-1/2-point underdogs at Cowboys.
Week 10: Vikings are 1-1/2-point favorites vs. Redskins.
Week 11: Vikings are 6-point underdogs at Seahawks.
Week 12: Vikings are 4-1/2-point underdogs at Packers.
Week 13: Vikings are 1-1/2-point favorites vs. Bears.
Week 14: Vikings are 3-1/2-point underdogs at Ravens.
Week 15: Vikings are 3-1/2-point favorites vs. Eagles.
Week 16: Vikings are 2-1/2-point underdogs at Bengals.

The Cantor folks did not issue early lines on Week 17, mostly because they have NO idea which players will be sitting out that week in anticipation of the playoffs. So your guess is as good as theirs who will be favored when the Vikings play host to the Lions on Dec. 29.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_23215676/minnesota-vikings-favored-only-5-games-2013-according

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
twslhs20

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to add to that VD ^^

The Vikings are 40/1 shot at winning the SB as of may. The best odds are the 49ers at 6/1, and the worst is 200/1 on the Jags

http://www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/

Joe_is_the_best ^^
eman9416

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept. 15 at Chicago Bears, 1:00 p.m. - WIN

Sept. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London), 1:00 p.m. - WIN

Bye Week

Oct. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m. - WIN

Oct. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m. - WIN

Nov. 7 vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs), 8:25 p.m. - LOSS

Nov. 24 at Green Bay Packers. 1:00 p.m. - LOSS

Dec. 1 vs. Chicago Bears. 1:00 p.m. - WIN

Dec. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m. - WIN

OVERALL: 10-6

Though i could see an 11-5 season, maybe 12-4 for the absolute best!
vikes635

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London), 1:00 p.m. - WIN

Bye Week

Oct. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m. - WIN

Oct. 21 at New York Giants (Mon), 8:40 p.m. -WIN

Oct. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m. -WIN

Nov. 7 vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs), 8:25 p.m. - WIN

Nov. 24 at Green Bay Packers. 1:00 p.m. - LOSS

Dec. 1 vs. Chicago Bears. 1:00 p.m. - WIN

Dec. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m. - WIN

OVERALL: 11-5

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Sept. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (London), 1:00 p.m. - Loss
Bye Week
Oct. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m. - Loss
Oct. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m. - LOSS
Nov. 7 vs. Washington Redskins (Thurs), 8:25 p.m. - Loss
Nov. 24 at Green Bay Packers. 1:00 p.m. - WIN
Dec. 1 vs. Chicago Bears. 1:00 p.m. - Loss
Dec. 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1:00 p.m. - Win

OVERALL: 6-10 is what i think

Wow I see you have a lot of confidence in your team. Losing at home vs Carolina??? Really??

You must be new, Tws hates the vikings basically Wink

I'll do my best to explain my logic on my prediction.

I was sleeping on Carolina too. I saw this posted in NFL Gen and it got me thinking.

iknowcool wrote:
Quote:
Four teams finished with an offense and defense ranked in the Top 12 -- the Broncos, Texans, 49ers ... and Carolina Panthers. Go figure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167983/article/saints-top-list-of-sub500-teams-with-best-playoff-shot

Now, I know we beat a very good SF team. Yet, that team was headed by Smith at the time. Now I don't think Kap is a true NFL QB. People will figure out that read option and stop it. However we seem to have real trouble with very athletic/mobile QBs. See RGII. I can't say for certain the outcome would be different facing Kap. He tied the rams! Laughing Newton had a regression year that a lot of people predicted. I feel he could come back really strong and make some noise for Carolina this season. That defense is also very underrated.

I don't foresee a regression year for RGII though if he is 100%. The guy is going to keep getting better and making more plays. I felt like the Pitt Defense exposed him a bit last season, and he was able to grow/learn from that game.

I think the swing games come from Dallas, Philly, Chi Town Twice, and Detroit twice.

Dallas is either going to fall flat, or Romo is going to go off. I hated theirs and Chicago draft. That offense line is awful, and they have next to no run game. However I think Austin, Bryant, and Whittin could be enough in the air to take over games offensively. Their secondary should be improved with Claiborn and Carr having a year to work together, and Ware and Sean Lee doing what they do. It's up to Garrett and Romo to work with what they have to compete in a tough NFC East. I don't like Garrett as a HC either.

Philly is a mess. Any other coach other than Kelly I'd chalk it up as a sure loss. Kelly intrigues me with what hes done in Oregon. With his version of the spread option, it takes the best traits of Mike Vick uses them. He has lost a step. However that is a lot of speed in the backfield with him and Shady. Especially with Jackson bubble screens. Defense need to come together. I think they will have to score a lot of points to keep up in games.

Chicago is always tough. I have us splitting with them. They can't protect Cutty at all. They will get Jefferys back. He should see a lot of single coverage with B.Marsh on the opposite side. Long was a reach, and I think its a bad fit. Good news for us. Forte is still a boss. That defense will be different without Urlacher. Bostic should to a fine job filling in though. HC will keep them the same, or drop them to top 10 pick status

Finally the Lions. I have us sweep them again. However, this team is the only team outside of the Packers that scares the crap out of me. They pick up Bush for the run game. He is also a above average pass catcher of the the backfield. A safety net Safford desperately needed. No Wr help outside of Burlson. If you can call him help. Though they don't need anyone other than CJ. Ansah is going to see a klot of 1 on 1s on that line. That line could rally hid the secondary's deficiencies. Warrford was another prospect I really liked. Could really help get that run game going. Schwartz is my favorite coach in the division outside of McCarthy. He will find away to get every ounce of talent out of this very talented front 4.

A question I have, is why is everyone Picking us to beat Pitt. Was Troy Polamalu traded? Did I miss a memo of a torn ACL? Because if that dude is healthy that defense is top 5. And on a neutral field? That's practically game over.

So I probably went low base on what we have, and Ponder at QB. I think our ceiling is 9-7

Not sure how our ceiling is 9-7 when we went 10-6 last year and didnt have Jennings, Patterson, Floyd, Rhodes. Just seems like your really underrating this team.

Also I see you noted "Ponder at QB" and we all know you dont like him...Im not sure how anyone can think he will struggle when you have a WR corps of Jennings, Patterson, Wright, Simpson, a TE in Rudolph, and AP in the backfield. He was a big reason we made that end of the year playoff push and at that time he was rolling with Simpson, Jenkins, Wright, and Aromashadu. Big difference there

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:

Bush isn't a 3 down back and Detroit isn't all of sudden going to start running the ball. Bush scares me far more as part of their passing game than he does running the ball.
twslhs20

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Also I see you noted "Ponder at QB" and we all know you dont like him...Im not sure how anyone can think he will struggle when you have a WR corps of Jennings, Patterson, Wright, Simpson, a TE in Rudolph, and AP in the backfield. He was a big reason we made that end of the year playoff push and at that time he was rolling with Simpson, Jenkins, Wright, and Aromashadu. Big difference there

So basically we didn't have Jennings and rookies. Not sure how that's suppose to make me feel better with the turnover this this team has seen.

The loss of Winfield was massive IMO. It will be interesting to see if cook can stand up and be that guy. Not only as a #1 CB, but a leader.

A lot of people here are high on Locke. They compare it to striking gold with Walsh last year. That may not be case.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
twslhs20

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:

Bush isn't a 3 down back and Detroit isn't all of sudden going to start running the ball. Bush scares me far more as part of their passing game than he does running the ball.

Well they have Best and Leshour for the run game. That is if Best can stay healthy. They have a nice 3 headed monster going there in Detroit. A lot lives on that Oline for them this season.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Vikings Win/Loss Regular Season Predictions by Sche Reply with quote

2013 schedule (all times ET)

9/ 8 at Det. - W
9/15 at Chi. - W
9/22 vs. Cleve. - W
9/29 vs. Pitts. - L
Bye Week
10/13 vs. Car. - W
10/21 at NYG - L
10/27 vs. GB - W
11/ 3 at Dall. - W
11/ 7 vs. Wash. - W
11/17, at Sea. - L
11/24 at GB - L
12/ 1 vs. Chi. - W
12/ 8 at Balt. - L
12/ 15 vs. Phil. - W
12/ 22 at Cinc. - W
12/ 29 Det. - W

Final Record: 11-5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: