Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When and who..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2piece89

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: When and who.. Reply with quote

usually starts "adopt a Redskin". Is May early?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: When and who.. Reply with quote

a2piece89 wrote:
usually starts "adopt a Redskin". Is May early?
yes, it is too early. The past 2 or 3 years, Eball16 starts it, but he's only had a few posts in the past few months or so. We used to do it towards the end of the preseason because then we knew who would make the team.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
killacam

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading and posting on this site for a couple years now and I've seen the whole 'adopt a Redskin' thing but know nothing about it. Could somebody explain it? Like how do u get a certain player and what u need to do throught the year etc. thanks guys

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone in the site will be slotted 5 points to bid with. When bidding opens at the selected time/date (and not a second before) you can put up all or some of your points for a player.

If you were on the site at the exact time biddin opened an you wanted RGIII, you could either open bidding at 1 point or go all in with 5. A guy like Griffin will go for 5 points. Some of the rookies and Alfred Morris will too, Sav Rocca may go for 1, maybe 3, or if you get in a bidding war, maybe 5.

Watch out for Thai if you want some obscure player with high upside, his "misfit toys" are no laughing matter!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Everyone in the site will be slotted 5 points to bid with. When bidding opens at the selected time/date (and not a second before) you can put up all or some of your points for a player.

If you were on the site at the exact time biddin opened an you wanted RGIII, you could either open bidding at 1 point or go all in with 5. A guy like Griffin will go for 5 points. Some of the rookies and Alfred Morris will too, Sav Rocca may go for 1, maybe 3, or if you get in a bidding war, maybe 5.

Watch out for Thai if you want some obscure player with high upside, his "misfit toys" are no laughing matter!

If you bid 5 pts. first you get your guy. If you bid less, others have 24 hrs to match your bid... You can get some steals late...
a2piece89

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get it in Cool All the chips on Hankerson

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:

PREACH!!!

Also - usually one of my "Misfit Toys" ends up starting and doing very well. For example...Rob Jackson last year was one of them.

Woz can point out the finer rules (he usually starts it) but here are some additional explanations.

If someone bids all 5 on a player that player is theirs. If someone bids 4 on a player and another person bids 5 on that player that 2nd person gets the player.

However... there is a 24 HOUR RULE!! If I bid 2 points on Cousins and that bid stands for 24 hours, then he is MINE!! Even if you later on want to bid 3 points for him, you're too late.

You can allocate your 5 points as you like (split them up between players).

Also--> If, for example, you bid on a player and someone else outbids you for that player. it frees up those points for another player.

One last thing...you can give up a player and then use the points you used to get them on another player.

Woz...join in if I missed anything.

But remember ... oh dear sweet baby Jesus, remember... don't you DARE take one of the guys I'm gonna take. I will haunt you in your dreams all season!!!

Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: Shoulda read DCRED's post. He covered the 24 hour rule! Bad Thai...BAD!!!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Last edited by Thaiphoon on Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - throughout the year your adoptee, you keep track of them, their stats and you are like their representative on the site and you stand up for them, etc...

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:

PREACH!!!

Also - usually one of my "Misfit Toys" ends up starting and doing very well. For example...Rob Jackson last year was one of them.

Woz can point out the finer rules (he usually starts it) but here are some additional explanations.

If someone bids all 5 on a player that player is theirs. If someone bids 4 on a player and another person bids 5 on that player that 2nd person gets the player.

However... there is a 24 HOUR RULE!! If I bid 2 points on Cousins and that bid stands for 24 hours, then he is MINE!! Even if you later on want to bid 3 points for him, you're too late.

Also--> If, for example, you bid on a player and someone else outbids you for that player. it frees up those points for another player.

One last thing...you can give up a player and then use the points you used to get them on another player.

But remember ... oh dear sweet baby Jesus, remember... don't you DARE take one of the guys I'm gonna take. I will haunt you in your dreams all season!!!

Evil or Very Mad

was 2010 the first year?

You had Armstrong, didn't you? And he played well for a guy we weren't sure would make the team

I think I either Had Moss or Rak, can't remember
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:

PREACH!!!

Evil or Very Mad

was 2010 the first year?

You had Armstrong, didn't you? And he played well for a guy we weren't sure would make the team

Yup, I did indeed have Armstrong the first year. I remember I had Perry Riley that year and a few others (one that also did well but my old age prevents me from remembering). I wonder if Woz can link the other two years of Adopt-A-Redskin so we can look back and see.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:

PREACH!!!

Evil or Very Mad

was 2010 the first year?

Yup, I did indeed have Armstrong the first year. I remember I had Perry Riley that year and a few others (one that also did well but my old age prevents me from remembering). I wonder if Woz can link the other two years of Adopt-A-Redskin so we can look back and see.
im sure we can find it. It'll just take searchin
killacam

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when will this bidding start? And who can nominate a player up for bid?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
So when will this bidding start? And who can nominate a player up for bid?
Not until just before the regular season starts.No one wants a guy who doesnt make the team.Last season I had all of our backup oline.Dont think they will let that happen again Laughing Twisted Evil
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless e16 chimes in, I'll probably open up the bidding around week 1 or 2 of the preseason. That way, you can root for some of the real underdogs to make the roster. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: