Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

dwill
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1083
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: dwill Reply with quote

a lot of buzz he will be traded for a bag of chips or just flat out cut before cap starts. thoughts? happy, mad, sad?

or fing glad???? as i would be. get rid of the dinosaur
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19361
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be traded/released for cap reasons. But ... dinosaur? Really? The guy is still arguably the best running back on our roster and at worst he's a shade behind Stewart.

I'm not saying he isn't expendable, but I can't fathom why you'd think he can't play.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
89 06 MVP


Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Posts: 789
Location: Charlotte,NC
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we kept him thur FA & the draft i don't see why he not going to be here when camp start unless some team make a good offer. I don't expect him to be released until next off season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
panther dude


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 6628
Location: East Lansing, MI
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BringinDaPain


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 4002
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that DWill will restructure his contact and retire a Panther.
_________________

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1083
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
My guess would be that DWill will restructure his contact and retire a Panther.
HA? are you kidding, so restructure his contract play another 5 years here. is that what you want?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
panattack86


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 871
Location: Rockford,IL
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
My guess would be that DWill will restructure his contact and retire a Panther.
HA? are you kidding, so restructure his contract play another 5 years here. is that what you want?


I hope not. "IF" a teams starting RB gets injured in TC then DWill should be shopped like crazy for a mid-late round pick. The panthers have enough depth at RB to be fine.
_________________
Adopt-A-Panther
Kelvin Benjamin
REC 43 YDS 659 AVG 15.3 LNG 51 TD 7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2292
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gettleman made a pretty clear choice with how he restructured Stewart's deal. I can't fathom Williams being here beyond this season, and shedding that monster contract would be nothing but a positive in my eyes.
_________________

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4506
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
My guess would be that DWill will restructure his contact and retire a Panther.
HA? are you kidding, so restructure his contract play another 5 years here. is that what you want?


You make it out like D-Will is some horrible RB, even though he's not. Many would agree D-Will and Tolbert is better than J-Stew and Tolbert. So don't act like you wouldn't like him to play in Carolina for a smaller contract.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1083
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
My guess would be that DWill will restructure his contact and retire a Panther.
HA? are you kidding, so restructure his contract play another 5 years here. is that what you want?


You make it out like D-Will is some horrible RB, even though he's not. Many would agree D-Will and Tolbert is better than J-Stew and Tolbert. So don't act like you wouldn't like him to play in Carolina for a smaller contract.

i would not like him to play in carolina for a smaller contract. haha

we waste so many plays trying to share the ball to make people happy. plus jeopardize the team with personale.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
atown703


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 9953
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
My guess would be that DWill will restructure his contact and retire a Panther.
HA? are you kidding, so restructure his contract play another 5 years here. is that what you want?
DWill could pull a "Gamble" and retire in his early 30s
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impulser12000


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 2343
Location: SO CAL
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly dont get the Dwill hate. he's avg almost 5 ypc his entire career and had one of if not the best year ever by a panthers rb in 2008. Yes he's older and overpaid but thats not his fault, its hurneys. And IMO jstew is not an improvement due to his injury concerns. Would i love to get rid of dwills contract? Def. But i dont despise him and IMO he is the best Rb we've had. Hes just been been underutilized the past few years.
_________________


CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19361
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
I honestly dont get the Dwill hate. he's avg almost 5 ypc his entire career and had one of if not the best year ever by a panthers rb in 2008. Yes he's older and overpaid but thats not his fault, its hurneys. And IMO jstew is not an improvement due to his injury concerns. Would i love to get rid of dwills contract? Def. But i dont despise him and IMO he is the best Rb we've had. Hes just been been underutilized the past few years.
Could not agree more with this post. Contracts aside, if I had my druthers I'd take Williams over Stewart. Not by much, and I certainly wouldn't feel bad if Stewart was the guy at all. But the argument that Williams isn't a good back is baffling.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4506
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:
My guess would be that DWill will restructure his contact and retire a Panther.
HA? are you kidding, so restructure his contract play another 5 years here. is that what you want?


You make it out like D-Will is some horrible RB, even though he's not. Many would agree D-Will and Tolbert is better than J-Stew and Tolbert. So don't act like you wouldn't like him to play in Carolina for a smaller contract.

i would not like him to play in carolina for a smaller contract. haha

we waste so many plays trying to share the ball to make people happy. plus jeopardize the team with personale.


They're not sharing the ball to make both RBs happy. It's a change of pace and keeps the RBs fresh and the D on edge.

I don't think you know what a RBBC is.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2292
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Could not agree more with this post. Contracts aside, if I had my druthers I'd take Williams over Stewart. Not by much, and I certainly wouldn't feel bad if Stewart was the guy at all. But the argument that Williams isn't a good back is baffling.


I think the crux of the argument is that he's not a great back, but he's definitely getting paid like one. He's had some solid years, but in all honesty, most of the pro-Williams argument is pointing to 2008 and giving other people the evil eye. He's had some good years since, and some awful ones.
_________________

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group