Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An In-Depth Look Inside Ray Hortonís Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
I don't understand all of this but does our secondary relie on Haden shutting down a corner of the defense?

Yeah, pretty much...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: An In-Depth Look Inside Ray Hortonís Defense Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Something I found interesting:

Quote:
Throughout the entire 2012 season, Horton used the 2-4-5 defense on 505 out of 1,110 snaps (45.5%). On first and second downs, Horton used the 2-4-5 on 306 out of 749 snaps (40.9%). On third downs, Horton used the 2-4-5 on 191 out of 249 snaps (76.7%). With offenses continually trending more and more toward the passing game, it will be interesting to look back on Hortonís first season with the Browns and see if he relies on the 2-4-5 any more or less than he did during the 2012 season.

With offense going more wide-outs I imagine we'll see a lot more of this. Also I love Horton's adaptability. Looks like he will adapt to whatever he needs to. Which I LOVE in a coach.

My main concern is that we're not exactly flush with great DB's. That's basically a perpetual nickel defense, which is becoming more and more common, I guess. The only thing I can gather is that the FO thinks more of some of our DB's from last year than the average fan does.

Clearly, they have a pretty big role in mind for Skrine (and possibly Wade, Bademosi, and Gipson). That's a big risk, imo.

Great article, btw.

I agree with Reg here. Although a good pass rush makes a secondary look better by making the QB rush his delivery/decision making. Lets hope that the new acquisitions on DL/OLB provide more pass rush than we are used to seeing.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: An In-Depth Look Inside Ray Hortonís Defense Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Something I found interesting:

Quote:
Throughout the entire 2012 season, Horton used the 2-4-5 defense on 505 out of 1,110 snaps (45.5%). On first and second downs, Horton used the 2-4-5 on 306 out of 749 snaps (40.9%). On third downs, Horton used the 2-4-5 on 191 out of 249 snaps (76.7%). With offenses continually trending more and more toward the passing game, it will be interesting to look back on Hortonís first season with the Browns and see if he relies on the 2-4-5 any more or less than he did during the 2012 season.

With offense going more wide-outs I imagine we'll see a lot more of this. Also I love Horton's adaptability. Looks like he will adapt to whatever he needs to. Which I LOVE in a coach.

My main concern is that we're not exactly flush with great DB's. That's basically a perpetual nickel defense, which is becoming more and more common, I guess. The only thing I can gather is that the FO thinks more of some of our DB's from last year than the average fan does.

Clearly, they have a pretty big role in mind for Skrine (and possibly Wade, Bademosi, and Gipson). That's a big risk, imo.

Great article, btw.

I agree with Reg here. Although a good pass rush makes a secondary look better by making the QB rush his delivery/decision making. Lets hope that the new acquisitions on DL/OLB provide more pass rush than we are used to seeing.
Yeah, I'm pretty confident that the pass rush will be a strength, my only concern is that being beat one on one on the back end at times.
cortes02

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want is for our defense to "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK"!!! I want to see a defense that has our players flying around and confusing the offense. I want our defense to dictate the game, not the other way around.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mtmmike

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like your analysis to stop ray horton defense look at seattle and sf game against them .
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ďI love it,Ē Gipson said during an appearance on ďCleveland Browns Daily, Driven by Liberty Ford.Ē ďYouíre able to go out there and play fast football. Thatís the name of the game. You can go out there and play aggressive, play fast, play relentless, and thatís our motto. Thatís what we do and weíre going to continue to build on that. This new defense, Coach Horton brought his aggressive style of play over here and all of us adapted to it. We love it, and are out there just having fun, 11 guys to the football.

Tashaun Gipson on the new D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: