Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Jets Rookie Minicamp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please no Kellen Winslow. I would just rather sign another TE option because I can't see him doing much with those knees of his (or should I say lack thereof). If he plays in more than 5 games I'd be shocked.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Safety is def an area of need, but at least we have one starter there in Landry. At TE we have no starters. We have a lot of guys with "potential", but we really need an upgrade. But there really isn't many options in FA either.

At 29 years old we might as well give Kellen Winslow a shot. Hes still pretty athletic.

I think that would be a great move at this point. I'm sure he'll come cheap. He will add to the potential of this offense with Hill and Ivory.

No chance. He's not the same guy, you're going off name only. He's shot and a bit of a cancer in the locker room. Be patient someone decent will hit the market after TC cuts start. Still need to draft a good one next year though.

I'm excited to see Hayden Smith. I hope he's improved and can contribute as a blocker at the very least.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Safety is def an area of need, but at least we have one starter there in Landry. At TE we have no starters. We have a lot of guys with "potential", but we really need an upgrade. But there really isn't many options in FA either.

At 29 years old we might as well give Kellen Winslow a shot. Hes still pretty athletic.

I think that would be a great move at this point. I'm sure he'll come cheap. He will add to the potential of this offense with Hill and Ivory.

No chance. He's not the same guy, you're going off name only. He's shot and a bit of a cancer in the locker room. Be patient someone decent will hit the market after TC cuts start. Still need to draft a good one next year though.

I'm excited to see Hayden Smith. I hope he's improved and can contribute as a blocker at the very least.

We can kick the tires on Winslow and see what he has left, but at this point I doubt it. A name out there that isn't mentioned much is David Thomas. He is more of a recieving TE, as most of the other options are, but he is still young and I don't think he has any injury issues though I am not positive on that. He played for the Saints last.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
JMG

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I can't believe he's only 29. I really thought he was older than that.

[]_[] Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: