Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Jets Rookie Minicamp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/o-line-pals-reunited-gang-green-article-1.1341680

Pretty interesting that Winters and Aboushi were teammates before, albeit just for a month. It's pretty funny that the Jets FO didn't even know that, pretty cool coincidence.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
famousj

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Geno Smith was doing some advanced play calling during the drills. According to Coach Ryan, Geno Smith changed the play when he recognized a LB lined up in the wrong spot. Sounds like that extra studying is already paying off. Very impressive.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is impressive. Never had doubts about him learning, just was worried about his skills and ability to adjust the NFL level. I don't think any of our QBs will look as bad as Sanchez did last season. Including Sanchez.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9271930/new-york-jets-rookie-rontez-miles-chases-nfl-dream-brother-mind

I had heard a few pieces about this story, I'm sure many of you other guys have as well, but I didn't know the whole story. A very good read on Rontez Miles and the situation with his brother. I'm pulling for him even more now. Just wish he didn't have that huge Steelers tat on his arm lol.

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guys moral character is off the charts. With a story like that, I really hope he makes it. It won't be easy, but if he can show he can be a special teamer, I'd say he has a good shot.

I can see him being the 4th or 5th safety. He probably won't play on defense, but you can always use guys like him on ST.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
This guys moral character is off the charts. With a story like that, I really hope he makes it. It won't be easy, but if he can show he can be a special teamer, I'd say he has a good shot.

I can see him being the 4th or 5th safety. He probably won't play on defense, but you can always use guys like him on ST.

I think he has a very good shot at making the roster as the #4 safety. He can be the back-up to Josh Bush at FS and Antonio Allen can be the back-up to Dawan Landry at SS.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea while I was writing that I noticed how bad our safety depth is.

The fact that Landry is our best and most experienced safety is a concern.

That being said, this is a tremendous opportunity for Bush, Allen and potentially Miles.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

That being said, this is a tremendous opportunity for Bush, Allen and potentially Miles.

we had a top 3 defense with Jim Leonard and Eric Smith back there, we'll be fine

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
jg6041

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

we had a top 3 defense with Jim Leonard and Eric Smith back there, we'll be fine

Jim Leonard was a smart player. Eric Smith had flashes of decent play when he was given only one task. Leonard was a leader and called proper schemes he is not so easy to duplicate.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
captainhags

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, safety is (in my opinion) by far the biggest hole on the team.

Dawan Landry is an adequate starter I suppose, but nobody else on the roster has any experience to speak of.

Josh Bush is a former 6th round pick with 9 total tackles in his career.

Antonio Allen, Jaiquawn Jarrett, etc. We've realllllllly rolling the dice with this crew, especially in a division with some pretty excellent receiving TEs. Hopefully Miles turns out to be a decent player.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainhags wrote:
Yeah, safety is (in my opinion) by far the biggest hole on the team.

Dawan Landry is an adequate starter I suppose, but nobody else on the roster has any experience to speak of.

Josh Bush is a former 6th round pick with 9 total tackles in his career.

Antonio Allen, Jaiquawn Jarrett, etc. We've realllllllly rolling the dice with this crew, especially in a division with some pretty excellent receiving TEs. Hopefully Miles turns out to be a decent player.

I agree 100%. I've been saying this for a while. We are not just playing good TE's in the division, we also have to go against Graham, Gonzalez and more. So i'm really hoping one of the safeties is a hidden gem and become better than expected.

I believe Allen can be good, but he didn't get the chance to show much last season. Spent most of the season on the PS.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we seem to be staying away from older players, because otherwise I really think we should bring in Woodson for a year to try to teach the young guys... even if he doesnt start all the time his experience is invaluable to teaching younger players. And in a situation we need someone we can trust he definitely can fit that bill
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety is def an area of need, but at least we have one starter there in Landry. At TE we have no starters. We have a lot of guys with "potential", but we really need an upgrade. But there really isn't many options in FA either.

ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Safety is def an area of need, but at least we have one starter there in Landry. At TE we have no starters. We have a lot of guys with "potential", but we really need an upgrade. But there really isn't many options in FA either.

At 29 years old we might as well give Kellen Winslow a shot. Hes still pretty athletic.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

At 29 years old we might as well give Kellen Winslow a shot. Hes still pretty athletic.

I think that would be a great move at this point. I'm sure he'll come cheap. He will add to the potential of this offense with Hill and Ivory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: