Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ziggy Ansah has signed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Ziggy Ansah has signed Reply with quote

Lions announce Ziggy Ansah has signed. 2nd first-round pick under contract.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/332855543356071936

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/332853988271738881
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a breath of fresh air having our first round pick signed early.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we're actually the first team to sign all of its draft picks. Surprising. Now that they have that taken care of, perhaps they can get on with signing Freeney or something.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
CalLionsFan

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
Wow, we're actually the first team to sign all of its draft picks. Surprising. Now that they have that taken care of, perhaps they can get on with signing Freeney or something.

Exactly! Getting the signings done early puts us in good position for other FA's.
We know where we are moneywise and know what we can and can't afford.

There is always a way to solve problems WITHOUT violence
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:

Slay's agent denied any agreement had been made, has he since denied his denial?
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

Slay's agent denied any agreement had been made, has he since denied his denial?

According to Freep, everyone's under contract.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130510/SPORTS01/305100053/1049/sports01?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreepDetroitLions+%28freep.com+%7C+Detroit+Lions%29

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

According to Freep, everyone's under contract.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130510/SPORTS01/305100053/1049/sports01?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreepDetroitLions+%28freep.com+%7C+Detroit+Lions%29

Schefter's tweet in OP says the same.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can look at it two ways one we got a great deal or he is laughing all the way to the bank !!

Lets hope for the first reason! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Well you can look at it two ways one we got a great deal or he is laughing all the way to the bank !!

Lets hope for the first reason! Wink
With the rookie salary cap in place, we always get a great deal. The days of breaking the bank for a rookie are a forgone conclusion.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Vikings fan all I can say is that I really, really hope this guy doesn't live up to his potential. If he does, your D-line is going to be a real nightmare for the entire league. Imagining an elite pass rusher next to Suh and Fairley is just plain scary to think about!

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not want to create a new thread so bumping the Ansah signing one. I know he has been discussed in a bunch but main headline more on topic.

I was honestly hoping for the Lion's sake I would have to admit they really made a solid pick later in year.

Well that time is here. He is getting a lot better each week for sure. I think the thing I have been liking most is he is the most disciplined member of the front four. Every single game we see Fairley, Suh and Willie Young getting flag after flag. Ansah has had a couple but overall his discipline has been by far the best

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Did not want to create a new thread so bumping the Ansah signing one. I know he has been discussed in a bunch but main headline more on topic.

I was honestly hoping for the Lion's sake I would have to admit they really made a solid pick later in year.

Well that time is here. He is getting a lot better each week for sure. I think the thing I have been liking most is he is the most disciplined member of the front four. Every single game we see Fairley, Suh and Willie Young getting flag after flag. Ansah has had a couple but overall his discipline has been by far the best

It takes a lot to admit that you're wrong (that goes for anyone). I know I've made a mistake or two myself over the years. Wink
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

It takes a lot to admit that you're wrong (that goes for anyone). I know I've made a mistake or two myself over the years. Wink

Im not only one that hated this pick either. I wish rest of DL could be as disciplined

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
ahoda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Im not only one that hated this pick either. I wish rest of DL could be as disciplined

I blame the coaching staff for that one. Ansah has been very good and I was indifferent on the pick at the time. Now I'm glad we did get him. He's going to be a good one for sure.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I blame the coaching staff for that one. Ansah has been very good and I was indifferent on the pick at the time. Now I'm glad we did get him. He's going to be a good one for sure.
All the people that complain about the Lions use the coaching staff to complain about. Sigh.

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: