Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st round pick signings thread: All draft picks are signed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
If anything Dallas didn't get enough. You should get way more than a third round pick to move down thirteen spots in the first round.

Not according to the Harvard draft chart, which there's substantial, if circumstantial, evidence Dallas uses.

Whether they do or not, the Harvard Chart values 1st round picks less and mid round picks more; which seems like the appropriate chart to use for a draft that is short on first round talent but long on mid-round value.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new rookie salary scale this is not big news anymore. All the rookies from all the teams should get signed.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they would of been better off just staying at 31 and taking Cyprien cause he is the best safety in the class. All shall see.

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
I think they would of been better off just staying at 31 and taking Cyprien cause he is the best safety in the class. All shall see.

i preferred that too at the time. would have take cyprien then kept our 3rd, grabbed keenan allen there, nice replacement for crabs too, now that hes hurt

cyprien and allen over reid for me easily
but i trust balke and co... hopefully reid balls out and soon. not a fan of dahl Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
With the new rookie salary scale this is not big news anymore. All the rookies from all the teams should get signed.

its still surprising not even half are done yet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:

its still surprising not even half are done yet

Pretty much all the later picks are done. I know the Jets had all their picks from rounds 3-7 signed months ago, but are still waiting to sign Milliner, Richardson, and Geno.
Swift21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
If anything Dallas didn't get enough. You should get way more than a third round pick to move down thirteen spots in the first round.

Not according to the Harvard draft chart, which there's substantial, if circumstantial, evidence Dallas uses.

Whether they do or not, the Harvard Chart values 1st round picks less and mid round picks more; which seems like the appropriate chart to use for a draft that is short on first round talent but long on mid-round value.

Whatever makes you Dallas fans feel better. But you certainly didn't get enough to move down 13 picks.

By comparison the Niners got a third round pick by moving down just five picks in the second round.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Whatever makes you Dallas fans feel better. But you certainly didn't get enough to move down 13 picks.

By comparison the Niners got a third round pick by moving down just five picks in the second round.

I'm a Dallas fan and I would be mad about the trade but to me that 3rd rounder was basically a 2nd cause imo Terrance Williams was one of the highest rated 2nd round players we happened to STEAL in the 3rd!

Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

I'm a Dallas fan and I would be mad about the trade but to me that 3rd rounder was basically a 2nd cause imo Terrance Williams was one of the highest rated 2nd round players we happened to STEAL in the 3rd!

Plus my favorite part about the whole deal it gives us the ability to move on from Austin after this season. He makes me sick with his hamstring injuries.

iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

I love how players can already be a STEAL w/out ever playing a snap. What if Williams end up being absolutely horrible? And being cut in the next 3 years. Would you fans look back and still say man we got Terrance Williams in the 3rd round, what a steal?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

I love how players can already be a STEAL w/out ever playing a snap. What if Williams end up being absolutely horrible? And being cut in the next 3 years. Would you fans look back and still say man we got Terrance Williams in the 3rd round, what a steal?

I'm talking about him as a prospect. He was a high 2nd rd prospect and fell to the mid 3rd. If he busts fine but he is a very good prospect and we were lucky he fell to the 3rd. The Cowboys had a 1st rd grade on him.

Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Also what if S.Floyd is a bust in 3 yrs then if either one of Frederick or Williams pan out it was a good trade.

Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
You can't have too many picks. Instead of trading up they could have gone down then picked several safeties to compete. I would rather have Swearinger, Dduke and Bacarri over just Reid which the 49ers could have done while still addressing every other need.

Unless you plan on creating some sort of medical experiment, 3 good players for 1 position does not outweigh 1 great one. In your mind, you might not believe in Reid, hence you think they should have gonr mass at the position with quantity and hope one surpasses expectations, but the 49ers went with quality, which they believe is Reid, and why they made sure to get him.

As a Russian you might not appreciate this, but I believe competition makes everyone better. Also, the draft is mostly luck anyways so more picks means the higher your chqnces of succeeding are. First round picks are basically fifty fifty, so the 49ers moved up to reach on someone that has a 50% chance of busting. With my method there is a better chance at getting a decent starter. There's less of a chance of the next Ed Reed, but I don't see Reid as the next Reed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
You can't have too many picks. Instead of trading up they could have gone down then picked several safeties to compete. I would rather have Swearinger, Dduke and Bacarri over just Reid which the 49ers could have done while still addressing every other need.

Unless you plan on creating some sort of medical experiment, 3 good players for 1 position does not outweigh 1 great one. In your mind, you might not believe in Reid, hence you think they should have gonr mass at the position with quantity and hope one surpasses expectations, but the 49ers went with quality, which they believe is Reid, and why they made sure to get him.

As a Russian you might not appreciate this, but I believe competition makes everyone better. Also, the draft is mostly luck anyways so more picks means the higher your chqnces of succeeding are. First round picks are basically fifty fifty, so the 49ers moved up to reach on someone that has a 50% chance of busting. With my method there is a better chance at getting a decent starter. There's less of a chance of the next Ed Reed, but I don't see Reid as the next Reed

Well how criticized where the 49ers for drafting Aldon Smith so high? The exact same things being said for Smith are being said for Reid. Now I'm not saying Reid will turn into such an impact player as Aldon has been but the 49ers draft record with this staff has been pretty darn good. Like others have said, I will trust professional scouts all day over guys on a sports forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say I'm very happy the Niners didn't land Cyprien. I'm very confident he'll be the best safety from this class.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

Jump to: