Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training-Camp (Rooks report 7/21)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were worse than last year, but Barkley was a steal in the 4th round

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's crazy to think that we were a bottom dweller for years and we have final turned a corner and are back to back division champs, yet look at our
Roster, our defense in particular:

Jackson, Watt, Merculus, Reed, montgomery, Williams, Cushing, swearinger, McCain

All young guys that we have drafted. Our D should be set for years.

Our offense is pretty young as well
Our o-line has 2 young guards and 2 young tackles on top of 3 pro bowl vets

The future looks bright at WR with Hopkins, Martin and posey(assuming he gets back)

Schaub, Foster Daniels and Johnson are older but assuming we have a smooth transition at QB in 3-4 years I think we can sustain success for the next 10 years, I'll call 8 play off trips in the next 10 seasons

That's a huge assumption...

i agree, more or less i was just pointing out that that will be the turning point in our franchise in a few years. i suspect we miss out on the playoffs once or twice while trying to get it figured out

unless we go the route of the 49ers and draft a replacement before Schaub is finished and make a transition and trade Schaub for something.

If this years draft had been in 2-3 years i would imagine we would have drafted a QB in round 3 with the way some decent ones were falling

They fell this year cause the class sucked, next year should be a solid class with Bridgewater, Boyd, Fales, McCarron, Thomas, even Franklin and Price from Mizzou and Udub respectively

I think in the long haul, this year's class will be more successful than next year's class. Sure, Bridgewater is a monster, but Tajh Boyd is not an NFL QB (if you think they tore apart Cam Newton's character, wait until they start digging around for dirt on Tajh Boyd), McCarron is a product of the system he is in, and the others are not worth mentioning as NFL prospects. At least three of the Glennon/Wilson/Barkley/Nassib/Smith/Jones group will be average to above-average NFL starters, which isn't something you find in every draft.

Sig by matthouston91
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel is going to be a pro QB next year as well, im not sure how he will do, but if he shows up at the combine and is over 6ft he will be top 15....watch for the Eagles

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Manziel is going to be a pro QB next year as well, im not sure how he will do, but if he shows up at the combine and is over 6ft he will be top 15....watch for the Eagles

They won't draft a QB for three years in a row, unless they get rid of Foles.

Sig by matthouston91
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

He might go pro next year but IMO it would be a mistake. I think he needs at least 2 more years to get better as a QB and to mature as a future team leader.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

They won't draft a QB for three years in a row, unless they get rid of Foles.

With Chip Kelly at the helm, not having to pay rookie qbs ridiculous amounts of cash, and a good probability Foles wont do much. I could see it happening.
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3 Notes from S. Stradley
http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/2013/05/day-3-texans-2013-ota-report-first-week-answers/
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Day 3 Notes from S. Stradley
http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/2013/05/day-3-texans-2013-ota-report-first-week-answers/

Good to hear Brandon Brooks is doing well. Hopefully he can hold down the RG position.
treece300e

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys make of this article?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000206533/article/deandre-hopkins-trails-texans-secondyear-receivers

I'm hoping it means that Martin and Jean have truly tremendously improved and Hopkins is who we thought he was. I seem to recall Kubiak gushing over Martin last year, and he didn't seem ready for the big stage at WR or KR, while Posey was said to be behind the curve and looked much better when he hit the field.

I think this is more of a political move to make Hopkins work harder, and let the others know that they still have a chance, which hardly seems true considering college production, pro-readiness, and composure in high pressure situations. However, we all know Kubiaks history of starting rookies on offense.
jch1911

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice Kareem

I think it was marco who was his biggest supporter? Anyway, thought y'all would like to read this article from pff on KJ.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/25/secret-superstar-kareem-jackson/

Also, during OTAs...
Quote:
Texans LCB Kareem Jackson reported to OTAs at 208 pounds, 16 pounds heavier than his listed playing weight last season.
As the Houston Chronicle's Lance Zierlein points out, that's far too heavy for a 5-foot-10 cornerback. The Texans will likely want Jackson to get back under 200 by the time training camp rolls around. Jackson graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 13 corner last season, and he's entering his fourth year.
per rotoworld

So Ice Kareem needs to lay off the Blue Bell Laughing
Marco79

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
What do you guys make of this article?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000206533/article/deandre-hopkins-trails-texans-secondyear-receivers

I'm hoping it means that Martin and Jean have truly tremendously improved and Hopkins is who we thought he was. I seem to recall Kubiak gushing over Martin last year, and he didn't seem ready for the big stage at WR or KR, while Posey was said to be behind the curve and looked much better when he hit the field.

I think this is more of a political move to make Hopkins work harder, and let the others know that they still have a chance, which hardly seems true considering college production, pro-readiness, and composure in high pressure situations. However, we all know Kubiaks history of starting rookies on offense.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hopkins will start week 1 unless he is injured. The quote is just trying to motivate him more.
canyon1

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd year guys should be ahead of him for now while he learns the system. If he already was doing better playbook wise than 2nd year guys either he is really smart or we drafted someone not putting in the time a year ago
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not sound serious...
Quote:
‏@NickScurfield
Arian Foster left practice today with an injury. Gary Kubiak said it's a strained calf #Texans

Quote:
He did take a cart to the locker room. Although the injury doesn't appear to be serious, coach Gary Kubiak said "it's always concerning. We'll see what's wrong, see what happens." Andre Johnson added "If it was serious, we'd know it. This wasn't serious." The Texans won't be in a rush to get Foster back on the field for OTAs, but he'll likely be fine with a few days rest.
per rotoworld

Somebody replied via Twitter "Tell him to eat a steak"... I found that humorous Laughing
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this could be a good thing, it will allow more reps for the guys competing for our 3rd RB spot

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
this could be a good thing, it will allow more reps for the guys competing for our 3rd RB spot

Yup, he doesn't need to be out there anyway. Put him on the sideline with Cush, and he'll be ready for the opener.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: